Grace Beverley #20 Only 20 holidays per year, what a stressful career

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Reminder for anybody stressed out about work or thinking they're not working hard enough or disillusioned with Grace.

Approvals (which make up the majority of her day) = Basically pointless, either entirely pointless (such as deciding between different fonts for branding), relatively pointless (choosing between different copy writing or captions) or not really pointless (such as choosing colours for upcoming launches - but could 1000% be done simpler and better by someone qualified and put in the position to make such decisions) The approvals, guaranteed, are slowing down the team, are incredibly awkward and do very little to progress the work, it more hinders. Imagine in your job having to run everything you do by one person for the sole reason of giving them something to feel part of it.

I'm stacking shelves. "hey boss, should I stack this tin with my left or right hand".. Grace: "hmmm... left","hey boss, should I stack this tin with my left or right hand".. Grace: "hmmm... right" = "approvals"

At shooting (the second biggest parts of her day) = going to a photoshoot for an upcoming launch, which she didn't organise or plan, dropping in and sitting about. Can do as little as sit in a comfy chair and post the odd story or not even do that, or could be involved as in making basic decisions "get a few more close ups", "I saw a shoot where they did this, try this" again, not needed or getting in the way. Imagine a professional photographer who knows what to do, getting somebody telling them what to do or giving them suggestions. Id imagine Grace in her head feels she's super involved and integral to the whole thing by doing this, but would it be significantly different if she was away for brunch, no. Also - pepper in approvals and maybe a separate business call and Grace feels like she's superwoman doing 10 things at once! Ultimate productivity!! But also, buy my book about how we should work hard and hardly work and work culture is toxic and I hate the right and landlords must suffer but im also about to own 4 properties.

Team meetings/pitches/calls = probably just basic chats on how the businesses are doing. Talk about upcoming launches. They decide not to do anything about the terrible quality as the sales keep rolling in. Here's a pretty purple bar chart showing profits go up. Nothing major.

Grace inserts herself into areas and fabricates an itinerary to make it seem like she's more involved/important than she is. Grace could go on a 4 year break to Europe and never look at anything and the businesses would still run themselves and be successful. Obviously it's basically influencer merch, so it's helpful that she posts about it and pretends that people are supporting all her hard work but otherwise the work she lists out is insignificant.

Reactions: 41
Grace has done a podcast with Ali Abdaal - laughed when I saw because I remember reading his Tattle thread and finding out he’s an incel 😭

Anyway, I’m 5 minutes into the podcast and she is already claiming she got huge scholarships for private school/Oxford…she’s learned nothing, I cannot believe she is still peddling these lies. She also claimed she “gave up” the scholarship for Oxford - it was a poxy £250, she didn’t give up anything, and it was taken off her anyway. Not sure I can listen to any more of it.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 44
Grace has done a podcast with Ali Abdaal - laughed when I saw because I remember reading his Tattle thread and finding out he’s an incel 😭

Anyway, I’m 5 minutes into the podcast and she is already claiming she got huge scholarships for private school/Oxford…she’s learned nothing, I cannot believe she is still peddling these lies. She also claimed she “gave up” the scholarship for Oxford - it was a poxy £250, she didn’t give up anything, and it was taken off her anyway. Not sure I can listen to any more of it.
tbh nowadays I think anyone with a brain cell can hear that voice of hers and know she’s from money and the whole scholarship story is a lie. It’s only her fans, the wanna be influencers at uni he don’t realise

Reactions: 23
Has anyone legitimately had an item of clothing that fell apart at the seams after 2 months?? This narrative is driving me up the wall. The only brand I can think of that doesn’t last beyond a wash or two is …hmm…what was it 🤔…oh yeah bleeping tala

• Haha
Reactions: 15

I've been listening to it and tbh, all I've learnt is they sold like hundreds and thousands of her pdf's for £30 and she was like 'hahaha do the maths' for how much she earnt and when she first launched the PDF's she made 15 grand in a day. She basically confirmed that Genflow helped set her set up Shreddy (although she said that they were a new start up so idk) but TALA iis all her. She used to read a lot of gossip sites when she was at uni and she earns a lot less now but is happier. Ngl, have not been paying enough attention to do proper notes (have a real job which sadly is not just approvals) but it is kinda interesting?

• Wow
Reactions: 18
I feel like this is really passive aggressive.
“you’ve made me make these planners, so why should I choose the name”
I would feel so awkward walking around with a planner that says 'productivity' on the front. Ick.

Reactions: 15
that dress she is advertising, she and all the models have great figures and even then it is not particularly flattering! the material looks so thin too

this looks like a yeast infection waiting to happen, looking at it all I can think of is 1.) how painful and tight it looks 2.) move the wrong way and you reveal everything :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 19
Does Grace get on with her sister? She came up on my TikTok and she’s clearly into her fitness but *never* wears TALA. You’d think she’d support such a sustainable business 😏

Reactions: 12
Does Grace get on with her sister? She came up on my TikTok and she’s clearly into her fitness but *never* wears TALA. You’d think she’d support such a sustainable business 😏
She probably has a sponsorship with whatever brand she is wearing so may not wear Tala

Reactions: 2
She’s such a Del-Boy, selling crap. She’d be the first to moan if she worked for a toxic boss, yet here she is, being a toxic boss. Tala has a shelf life, buyers will move onto the next brand in the next couple of years. Tala will be found in charity shops and thrift stores.

Reactions: 23
She’s such a Del-Boy, selling crap. She’d be the first to moan if she worked for a toxic boss, yet here she is, being a toxic boss. Tala has a shelf life, buyers will move onto the next brand in the next couple of years. Tala will be found in charity shops and thrift stores.
WRONG

Charity shops don't sell ripped leggings.... :D

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Does anyone know where I can get flares like the 365 ones or dayflex? They’re so nice but if they’re bobbling and not lasting long I don’t want them (I was gonna get them from depop ofc)

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.