Grace Beverley #2 How to be a successful entrepreneur; sponsored by GenFlow & rich parents

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Someone asked a genuinely good question - something anyone that actually cares about sustainability would ask because of course if you’re truly sustainable you would want to know that the brand you’re buying into truly shares your ethics. Grace gave a good, mature response to be fair to her, but then Montana went on a bitchy rant and grace encouraged this? This is exactly the issue with someone asking a question about the brand and her taking it as a personal attack, encouraging and congratulating her friends for attacking people for caring enough about sustainability to ask these questions. It’s so immature, you wouldn’t see the CEO of any other company’s friends attacking people questioning the brand it’s extremely unprofessional and quite embarrassing that grace would encourage this. She truly can not distinguish between people being curious/giving feedback on her company and people hating on her personally.

I really don’t get it because if Grace is truly passionate about sustainability she would have at one point had all these questions herself, so what’s wrong with other people that don’t know asking them? Surely a ‘sustainable queen’ would want to encourage and answer these questions (which she did at first) rather than encourage her friends with lots of followers to attack people for wanting to know more...
She defo messaged Montana like babe stick up for me. Also, I hate how all the love island people use the word “categorically” in every argument it’s cringe

Reactions: 14
Someone asked a genuinely good question - something anyone that actually cares about sustainability would ask because of course if you’re truly sustainable you would want to know that the brand you’re buying into truly shares your ethics. Grace gave a good, mature response to be fair to her, but then Montana went on a bitchy rant and grace encouraged this? This is exactly the issue with someone asking a question about the brand and her taking it as a personal attack, encouraging and congratulating her friends for attacking people for caring enough about sustainability to ask these questions. It’s so immature, you wouldn’t see the CEO of any other company’s friends attacking people questioning the brand it’s extremely unprofessional and quite embarrassing that grace would encourage this. She truly can not distinguish between people being curious/giving feedback on her company and people hating on her personally.

I really don’t get it because if Grace is truly passionate about sustainability she would have at one point had all these questions herself, so what’s wrong with other people that don’t know asking them? Surely a ‘sustainable queen’ would want to encourage and answer these questions (which she did at first) rather than encourage her friends with lots of followers to attack people for wanting to know more...
I watched this happen (as Grace shared on her story) and I feel SO sorry for the girl who asked what I would say was a very fair question, as you wouldn’t believe with so many launches and brand new products that Grace wasn’t producing yet another fast-fashion gym brand.
Giving it to her Grace answered this best she could, and even said that these hard questions need to be asked so that everyone could see the answers and learn about what TALA is trying to do.
What I DONT agree with in any way, is Montana (clout chaser) jumping all over this poor girl with a foul ranting reply (when the question had already been answered) to then have Grace praise her and laugh about it in the comments.
As someone else has said, no other CEO would have their friends shouting at potential customers in the comments of instagram. It’s absolutely unprofessional and what makes it worse is all the other fans then commenting and adding their two cents to the question!
At the end of the day, there are lots of questions around TALA being sustainable! I want to wait until someone is brave enough to question her on the MASSES of faulty goods produced that will end up in landfill, that will push people to buy from less sustainable brands, or the fact that people have to send these faulty goods back for the chance of a refund (hello carbon emissions?), or the fact that her leaf bamboo products are highly damaging to the environment, or that she actually doesnt make clothes in Portugal and they’re actually shipped from someone else and finished there etc etc etc.
I was once a great fan, bought into the products, but I can’t support someone who talks to everyone like they are beneath her, who is so tone deaf and so privileged that she doesnt see her advantages, and doesnt address issues, just berates the people who raise them. It astounds me that she is still selling products (but it also doesnt bc loyal fans etc bc anyone else behaving like this would never have been successful)

Reactions: 16
This is all good and well Grace, but if your products Fail to last longer than a few wears and washes, the reduced carbon footprint and plastic bottle reuse is offset by your nonsense. What bullshit. If her Tala crap was actually “bridging the gap” I’d gladly give her the credit.
Also, “consumerist customer?” The definition of customer is a person that buys goods or services, aka a consumer...

Attachments

Reactions: 6
Screen Shot 2020-07-03 at 9.25.11 AM.png

I'm genuinely confused why Grace's followers and minions don't think that she can be criticized? Like are these people not adults? Do they actually think criticisms or even actual questions are only reserved for certain types of people? I'm so confused. It's literal life, grow up, she's also not gonna become your best friend bc you're defending her day and night. Even if Grace is doing every single thing right she would still get criticisms like every other person on earth does.

Last edited:
Reactions: 21
View attachment 170747

I'm genuinely confused why Grace's followers and minions don't think that she can be criticized? Like are these people not adults? Do they actually think criticisms or even actual questions are only reserved for certain types of people? I'm so confused. It's literal life, grow up, she's also not gonna become your best friend bc you're defending her day and night. Even if Grace is doing every single thing right she would still get criticisms like every other person on earth does.
Such a ridiculous response tbf, Tala is only a year old as we are constantly told. I’d say 72 styles in first year of a start up is a lot. Every launch (every fortnite) Is new styles. They’ve just hired a load of new staff so this is obviously gonna start growing exponentially. At this rate they’ll be in the thousands at no time

also annoying when she always compares herself to PLT, any “small business” is gonna be better than a fast fashion giant in terms of quantities haha. (Just for context girlfriend collective a sustainable activewear brand who’ve been around a while only have 120 things on site. )Having loads of small fast fashion brands is not really anydifferent to one mega one. People are still buyin excessive tit Clothes to go to landfill- yes grace tala is included here.

Reactions: 12
Such a ridiculous response tbf, Tala is only a year old as we are constantly told. I’d say 72 styles in first year of a start up is a lot. Every launch (every fortnite) Is new styles. They’ve just hired a load of new staff so this is obviously gonna start growing exponentially. At this rate they’ll be in the thousands at no time

also annoying when she always compares herself to PLT, any “small business” is gonna be better than a fast fashion giant in terms of quantities haha. (Just for context girlfriend collective a sustainable activewear brand who’ve been around a while only have 120 things on site. )Having loads of small fast fashion brands is not really any different to one mega one. People are still buyin excessive tit Clothes to go to landfill- yes grace tala is included here.
Also, that's currently- they've had more launches of things that haven't been restocked or haven't come back to the website. And PLT's business model is to have more than just one type of clothing on it's website that gets refreshed every day. Tala is ONLY activewear so literally shouldn't be compared to PLT because it's an unfair comparison, unless Tala is going to move into regular clothing now too.

Reactions: 9
I don’t believe that TALA can replace other clothing sites with the type of clothing it sells. Places like AreYouAmI and Girlfriend collective etc sell alternatives to the clothes people are buying so can do that. TALA is glorified merch and I’m sorry but if your fashion sense on the daily is gym leggings and a raincoat or the coords sold in the SOL launch I’ll pray for you x it’s good to replace gym clothes (if they didn’t rip) but I’m terms of providing alternatives to fashion it definitely isn’t doing that as all the clothes mimic Grace’s making ‘chavy’ an aesthetic for rich people. It’s gym clothes and festival clothes at most. Let’s be honest, stuff from the SOL launch isn’t going to be reworn many times or frequently at all peoole will buy it and wear it for One festival. Also the heavy branding is ridiculous you’re basically a walking advertisement for her. People buy into brands for a short amount of time excessively because of the hype (which isn’t sustainable) and then get bored and won’t want to be seen with TALA written all over their hoodie.

It’s also not replacing her own wardrobe - only when she’s working our or staying home all day - so why does she think it’s disrupting the industry and replacing everyone’s fast fashion wardrobes when she’s still wearing PLT and shein???

Reactions: 11
I don’t believe that TALA can replace other clothing sites with the type of clothing it sells. Places like AreYouAmI and Girlfriend collective etc sell alternatives to the clothes people are buying so can do that. TALA is glorified merch and I’m sorry but if your fashion sense on the daily is gym leggings and a raincoat or the coords sold in the SOL launch I’ll pray for you x it’s good to replace gym clothes (if they didn’t rip) but I’m terms of providing alternatives to fashion it definitely isn’t doing that as all the clothes mimic Grace’s making ‘chavy’ an aesthetic for rich people. It’s gym clothes and festival clothes at most. Let’s be honest, stuff from the SOL launch isn’t going to be reworn many times or frequently at all peoole will buy it and wear it for One festival. Also the heavy branding is ridiculous you’re basically a walking advertisement for her. People buy into brands for a short amount of time excessively because of the hype (which isn’t sustainable) and then get bored and won’t want to be seen with TALA written all over their hoodie.

It’s also not replacing her own wardrobe - only when she’s working our or staying home all day - so why does she think it’s disrupting the industry and replacing everyone’s fast fashion wardrobes when she’s still wearing PLT and shein???
Yes agree with all of this. Girlfriend Collective also has no branding with long lasting quality so their clothes are always going to be relevant ie one day when Grace is irrelevant, so will heavily branded TALA clothing be rendered irrelevant (if they're not falling apart at the seams for you to even keep it for that long). GC is more inclusive, not just of race but of age too so GC has already thought ahead by marketing that it is age accessible while TALA thinks it's being cute by producing festival wear for young impressionable girls. And extremely true about Grace wearing PLT and Shein and even leather while spouting off TALA's "science". So it's up to us consumers to do good and well and choose her brand over others because that's what makes us good people but she wouldn't choose her own clothing over other fast fashion brands and that's ok because it's her and we should #bekind.

Reactions: 8
Jesus wtf is she wearing in her latest insta?! Like a bin bag!

Reactions: 3
EIGHTY FIVE POUNDS.

It breaks my heart that young girls are feeling pressured into spending this sort of money on her dreck.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
This is all good and well Grace, but if your products Fail to last longer than a few wears and washes, the reduced carbon footprint and plastic bottle reuse is offset by your nonsense. What bullshit. If her Tala crap was actually “bridging the gap” I’d gladly give her the credit.
Also, “consumerist customer?” The definition of customer is a person that buys goods or services, aka a consumer...
Is it just me or does this reply make no sense? Every time she comments on any form of social media I read her replies, reread them and still don’t really understand what she’s getting at. She spouts a load of crap to give off the impression that she has bucketloads of business acumen but really what the duck does the ‘s curve’ have to do with the fact that your “sustainable” products don’t last 5 minutes?

Reactions: 23
Is it just me or does this reply make no sense? Every time she comments on any form of social media I read her replies, reread them and still don’t really understand what she’s getting at. She spouts a load of crap to give off the impression that she has bucketloads of business acumen but really what the duck does the ‘s curve’ have to do with the fact that your “sustainable” products don’t last 5 minutes?
She needs a refund on her Harvard course because all she’s good at doing is putting business key words together and hoping the person reading believes her. If you actually know anything about business you’ll know the way she writes and explains is more to distract than actually providing a valid researched response that actually makes sense. Consumerist consumer, lol.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
She needs a refund on her Harvard course because all she’s good at doing is putting business key words together and hoping the person reading believes her. If you actually know anything about business you’ll know the way she writes and explains is more to distract than actually providing a valid researched response that actually makes sense. Consumerist consumer, lol.
hahaha, hypocrite!!
Taken from her twitter page

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I just don’t get this. Like these are the reasons grace is so bad at taking any form of criticism. Some minion has literally just credited her getting a first in all her modulesAnd degree to GRACE. I can’t with some people, climb out her arse
Where? Grace literally didn’t get a first herself... that girl obviously worked off her own back I don’t see how grace could impact that? 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I just don’t get this. Like these are the reasons grace is so bad at taking any form of criticism. Some minion has literally just credited her getting a first in all her modulesAnd degree to GRACE. I can’t with some people, climb out her arse
It really upsets me when people thank others for their own hard work and success, like no sis, that was all you? You should take that credit, you did the work and not Grace. Grace will forget who you are 10 minutes after she's retweeted, get some more self confidence gals.

Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.