Grace Beverley #2 How to be a successful entrepreneur; sponsored by GenFlow & rich parents

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Tala has been replying to complaints on Trustpilot saying “actually only 1,000 out of 75,000 Zinnias have been returned, so we’re actually above industry standard!”
They've been using that 1,000 out of 75,000 statistic for like a century now how has that number not changed :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 8
First post, but found this forum after getting back to the gym after iso. I was watching back graces vids from 2-3 years ago and I actually miss her, like, I understand people can't stay the same forever, but she just seemed so much more down to earth, regularly uploaded and engaged with her audience, tried to give fitness advice with substance, and was just generally likeable and motivating. I'm really bummed out that this isn't the force we see in today's grace, and I'm hoping it comes back!

Reactions: 6
Yeh I never buy obviously branded clothes ( trainers are the exception as difficult to get otherwise ) my grandad always used to say they should be paying you to advertise, not the other way round
Completely agree with you, I try so hard to not purchase obviously branded clothing because I feel like a walking advert. I don't like slogans on my regular clothes, why would I want "Tala" written all across my gym clothes?

Reactions: 3
Completely agree with you, I try so hard to not purchase obviously branded clothing because I feel like a walking advert. I don't like slogans on my regular clothes, why would I want "Tala" written all across my gym clothes?
Yeh and unless I was here I would have no idea what it was either, anyone know what is the reason for the name?

Reactions: 1
Maybe she's moving away from Tala being a fitness brand because the clothes aren't good enough quality to hold up as active wear? That's the problem she had last year with the neon range, so she branded it as 'festival wear' because it wasn't squat proof. Not sure she'll have as much luck this year given all festivals are cancelled until 2021 😂

Reactions: 11
Apparently her shorts on her most recent Insta are from SHEIN of all places! Literally the definition of a fast fashion brand!!! I mean come on, if you are going to profit from guilt tripping your followers into buying products from your "sustainable brand," then you are going to need to practise what you preach.

(The comments may be wrong by the way, the shorts on Shein's website are practically identical but Shein are prone to ripping off designs from other brands)

• Wow
Apparently her shorts on her most recent Insta are from SHEIN of all places! Literally the definition of a fast fashion brand!!! I mean come on, if you are going to profit from guilt tripping your followers into buying products from your "sustainable brand," then you are going to need to practise what you preach.

(The comments may be wrong by the way, the shorts on Shein's website are practically identical but Shein are prone to ripping off designs from other brands)
Even if the shorts are not, the jumper is from InTheStyle

Reactions: 2
Surely the excessive branding reduces the sustainability credentials of the clothes too? Tala might be popular now (if you can call it that, idk) but most of that popularity comes from Grace herself. At some point, I'm sure Grace is going to fade into irrelevance and be replaced by another younger, fitter, prettier influencer clone. People might want Tala branding now but who's going to want it plastered all over their clothes in 5 years time, when the brand is floundering (which it will, if it doesn't sort out customer service and quality issues) and Grace isn't really such a big deal anymore? We've seen it with brands like Abercrombie, Jack Wills, Juicy Couture, which were everywhere years ago and had heavy branding. Yet I can't remember the last time I saw someone in a JW top. Maybe they'll make a big comeback but personally, I think a lot of those branded items went straight to landfill. The most sustainable clothes are the least trendy ones.

Although Tala clothes don't seem to last beyond three wears so thinking years into the future is probably needless :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 7
Surely the excessive branding reduces the sustainability credentials of the clothes too? Tala might be popular now (if you can call it that, idk) but most of that popularity comes from Grace herself. At some point, I'm sure Grace is going to fade into irrelevance and be replaced by another younger, fitter, prettier influencer clone. People might want Tala branding now but who's going to want it plastered all over their clothes in 5 years time, when the brand is floundering (which it will, if it doesn't sort out customer service and quality issues) and Grace isn't really such a big deal anymore? We've seen it with brands like Abercrombie, Jack Wills, Juicy Couture, which were everywhere years ago and had heavy branding. Yet I can't remember the last time I saw someone in a JW top. Maybe they'll make a big comeback but personally, I think a lot of those branded items went straight to landfill. The most sustainable clothes are the least trendy ones.

Although Tala clothes don't seem to last beyond three wears so thinking years into the future is probably needless :ROFLMAO:
in my eyes grace has already faded into irrelevance, most of my friends were fans but like me, at different stages have all gone off of her. I’ve never bought TALA clothing, but from reviews i’d be more likely to buy gym shark over tala, gym shark will last longer and isn’t ‘fashion’ unlike tala

Maybe she's moving away from Tala being a fitness brand because the clothes aren't good enough quality to hold up as active wear? That's the problem she had last year with the neon range, so she branded it as 'festival wear' because it wasn't squat proof. Not sure she'll have as much luck this year given all festivals are cancelled until 2021 😂
Literally....

Also who actively produces festival wear like I'd put some tank tops and shorts together, cut some things up and sew them together or go out on with a (non-branded) funky costume. Not turn to some fitness influencer turned boss babe who can't produce proper activewear so needed to call it festival wear..

in my eyes grace has already faded into irrelevance, most of my friends were fans but like me, at different stages have all gone off of her. I’ve never bought TALA clothing, but from reviews i’d be more likely to buy gym shark over tala, gym shark will last longer and isn’t ‘fashion’ unlike tala
It actually kinda hit me yesterday when my sister was like wtf is TALA. We're so caught up in this small world where everyone knows everyone so we think they're all big and once I get out / detached myself a little these girls are really nothing. Yeah they will fade into irrelevance, esp Grace bc she has not been able to come up with one AMAZING product and sells mainly by her body or face (not body shaming at all, I just think it is a marketing tactic that doesn't last unless you're a giant supermodel like VS Angels and influencers come and go much faster than OG celebs and supermodels). I've been following IFBB pros and really famous body builders now and they've truly built their own brands over 20+ years but they're very focused on one thing so quality always beats quantity at the end (hi Grez). Their science has helped me lean a lot during quarantine without access to a gym, nope did not have to go into "shreddy-ing" or whatever else. (Also their science is for free on youtube)!! And these pros know nonnneeee of these influencers / always tit on the general group. So yeah those who are prime in their fields are here to stay and those who aren't will become as irrelevant as fast fashion comes and goes 🤭.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
I've always found it weird that all the TALA products are basically exactly the same. Where is the design?! It just feels so basic to me. Which is fine for one range but Gymshark are constantly reworking even their basic ranges. It just seems like Grace wants to keep releasing the same tit in new colours because colours is the only thing she understands and that's what's fun for her. There's nothing new. Unless I've missed something?

Reactions: 10
I've always found it weird that all the TALA products are basically exactly the same. Where is the design?! It just feels so basic to me. Which is fine for one range but Gymshark are constantly reworking even their basic ranges. It just seems like Grace wants to keep releasing the same tit in new colours because colours is the only thing she understands and that's what's fun for her. There's nothing new. Unless I've missed something?
This is so spot on. I'm confused why she wore the pink neon set to the spice girls tour? It didn't look nice, it looked like she went in her gym clothes - why would anyone wear this stuff to a festival either?

The fact that she hasn't corrected anyone who said the shorts are from shein shows that they must be from there, cos we all know grace loves to sass people in the comments. Wish she would just cut the bullshit and stop pretending she's some super eco queen

Reactions: 5
I really don’t understand how she desperately tries to come across as a workaholic and glamorises long working hours and An unhealthy work relationship. But then she says she’s ‘up and at me’ finishing her workout at 9.30am so probably won’t start until 10. And then makes sure she finishes by 5.30/6. I’m sorry but these are less hours that most people do let alone the ‘CEO’ of 3 companies ... she seems to spend hours on twitter and Instagram anyway and it’s not like what she’s posting is about her brand

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I've noticed this as well. They're named different things, but it's the same product in varying sleeve lengths and colours. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing, I mean just look at who her direct competitor should actually be- a brand like Girlfriend Collective for example- and how they focus on staple items, with all the products being available in their colours. But the difference is the quality. There are people on almost every Tala post complaining about their leggings ripping or falling apart. Tala won't last beyond Grace's influence if she doesn't sort these problems now, because her target market will wise up and decide to shop elsewhere.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.