Grace Beverley #2 How to be a successful entrepreneur; sponsored by GenFlow & rich parents

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry to bring this back to Natacha again but it's just too fitting here.

In her q&a she was discussing the costs of starting a business and one of these costs was paying to access articles and research etc. So not only is she qualified in her own right anyway with her PHD etc but she's clearly done further research herself. You just know that if it was Grace, reading articles would definitely be one of the 'menial' tasks she'd outsource!
Natacha does not have a PhD, she has an MPhil

Reactions: 2
And also her MPhil was in biophysics which is very different from anything health related, it’s often mainly structural studies and things like that.

that being said I do trust that her being a scientist means she does do research into the science behind the claims she makes in her videos and her guides and workouts. I like her as she never claims to know something she doesn’t, but clearly reads up a lot on any info she presents online.

Grace could never...

Reactions: 1
Oh man, has anyone looked at the Director of Ecommerce job posting on LinkedIn?? I mean, the job description is BARELY there!! I have literally NO experience in this type of position and it says I have 8 of the 10 skills needed for the job :ROFLMAO: Do they not even know what they're looking for in this new hire or something?

1591998488964.png

• Haha
Reactions: 2
That job description is horrendous 😂 especially when they’re claiming it’s for a “director role”
Wonder who they’ll be reporting to 👀

Reactions: 7
Oh man, has anyone looked at the Director of Ecommerce job posting on LinkedIn?? I mean, the job description is BARELY there!! I have literally NO experience in this type of position and it says I have 8 of the 10 skills needed for the job :ROFLMAO: Do they not even know what they're looking for in this new hire or something?

View attachment 152772
"Salary - Competitive"

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I wish it wasn’t so normalised for business to put ‘competitive’ for salary, especially nowadays when you usually have to go through so many stages of recruitment before you even get to the final face to face interview where you discuss salary. As someone who’s about to graduate and enter the job market, I’ve had my fair share of job applications and it’s so frustrating when you spend time and effort researching the company to be told in the end that, actually, competitive means 20k in London...

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 31
I wish it wasn’t so normalised for business to put ‘competitive’ for salary, especially nowadays when you usually have to go through so many stages of recruitment before you even get to the final face to face interview where you discuss salary. As someone who’s about to graduate and enter the job market, I’ve had my fair share of job applications and it’s so frustrating when you spend time and effort researching the company to be told in the end that, actually, competitive means 20k in London...
Yeh it’s so meaningless, they’re hardly going to put “low” are they?! If you don’t put the salary why say anything

Reactions: 4
And considering Grace runs an 'ethical' company I thought she was going to be transparent about things like salary

Reactions: 16

View attachment 152772
Actual e-commerce directors won’t even take that post serious😂

Reactions: 9

View attachment 152772
what's more interesting is that one of the people who actually own the TALA tm is the person posting the job... one of the not so mysterious investors

Reactions: 4
And considering Grace runs an 'ethical' company I thought she was going to be transparent about things like salary
What’s even worse is that last sentence “no agencies please”. That basically 100% confirms your going to get low pay with no benefits. They are too cheap to offer you any sort of benefits/job security but are also too cheap to pay for an agency that would offer those to a contractor.

It’s also surprising to me that they are even offering it as a contract, basically they are saying: hey we need someone who can write us an entire e-commerce plan for our business and once we approve of it you’re contract is over, you no longer have a job, and we have the plan we need to move the company forward.

Also I would guess “Competitive pay” for that job at minimum is £55/Hr, I do not see grace paying anything near that.

Reactions: 7
I'd LOVE to know what she's doing to diversify the pipeline of candidates. Any company that sits back and believes the brand 'speaks for itself' when looking to diversify their team is delusional. Companies have to go out there and find/engage with diverse talent themselves and I don't see TALA doing any of that rn

Does anyone actually understand the new TALA launch???
so they are just not a gym wear brand anymore at all?? So confused, like it made a little bit of sense when grace wanted to bring out some gym leggings but these new bits unsure.
Could maybe see people wearing at festivals, but I can’t imagine walking down the street in any of them outfits. Maybe that’s just me 🤷‍♀️

Also can she stop calling it a sustainable company and just say “made from recycled materials” like other brands do. It’s not sustainable practice whatever she says. The constant launches, limited edition collections etc is not a sustainable business model and she is doing nothing to combat consumerism

• Heart
Reactions: 16
so they are just not a gym wear brand anymore at all?? So confused, like it made a little bit of sense when grace wanted to bring out some gym leggings but these new bits unsure.
Could maybe see people wearing at festivals, but I can’t imagine walking down the street in any of them outfits. Maybe that’s just me 🤷‍♀️

Also can she stop calling it a sustainable company and just say “made from recycled materials” like other brands do. It’s not sustainable practice whatever she says. The constant launches, limited edition collections etc is not a sustainable business model and she is doing nothing to combat consumerism
It’s basically another PLT at this point

• Haha
Reactions: 12

I wouldn't even want to be caught dead wearing those clothes at a festival. At that point, you'd truly be a Grace worshipper bc there is no point / functionality in these new clothes and there is branding all over them. Like why would I want TALA's name all over my clothes when no one knows what they are and when I can get these same styles anywhere else without all the branding. You're almost a walking advertisement. I thought they were all proud about being so low key with subtle branding and stuff and Grace herself in the past said that she hated clothes with unsubtle branding but obviously, anything we know of past Grace is way gone. I'm also confused why they advertise it like you can wear this "pre-isolation" and it's a "staying in-in fit" is it supposed to be loungewear???

TALA is no longer an activewear brand at this point.

Reactions: 9
Tala has been replying to complaints on Trustpilot saying “actually only 1,000 out of 75,000 Zinnias have been returned, so we’re actually above industry standard!” Fair enough if it was economical and simple to return Tala’s faulty leggings, but it’s not! The other companies that Tala will be comparing themselves to will have a much more simple and FREE returns processes for faulty products. Of course Tala is going to get less returns, because the returns process is so tit that it’s just not worth the aggravation. They even replied with this to a review that STATED that they hadn’t returned the leggings because the returns process was such a nightmare.

And which companies are they referring to when they say “Industry Standard”? I can almost guarantee that they are using fast fashion companies as a comparison. But Tala holds itself out as (and profits from being) a sustainable company. You shouldn’t be comparing yourself to fast fashion companies, that is an entirely different industry!

“Sustainable companies” are SUPPOSED to be high quality, because producing good quality products that last is at the core of sustainable fashion.

I have never in my life seen another supposedly sustainable brand receive the same exact complaint so many times. I refuse to believe that Tala is better than the “industry standard” when their comments section for a whole year has almost exclusively consisted of angry customers saying the exact same thing, and where their TrustPilot score is one of the worst scores I’ve seen. (I wanted to treat myself during lockdown so looked at reviews for Gymshark, AYM, AYBL, Lucy and Yak, Girlfriend Collective, BAM and Organic Basics - all have better scores. The only company with a lower score that I have seen is Lulu, however whilst Tala are, "actively seeking reviews", Lulu hasn't even claimed their TrustPilot page, so take that with a pinch of salt)

Last edited:
Reactions: 15
I wouldn't even want to be caught dead wearing those clothes at a festival. At that point, you'd truly be a Grace worshipper bc there is no point / functionality in these new clothes and there is branding all over them. Like why would I want TALA's name all over my clothes when no one knows what they are and when I can get these same styles anywhere else without all the branding. You're almost a walking advertisement. I thought they were all proud about being so low key with subtle branding and stuff and Grace herself in the past said that she hated clothes with unsubtle branding but obviously, anything we know of past Grace is way gone. I'm also confused why they advertise it like you can wear this "pre-isolation" and it's a "staying in-in fit" is it supposed to be loungewear???

TALA is no longer an activewear brand at this point.
Yeh I never buy obviously branded clothes ( trainers are the exception as difficult to get otherwise ) my grandad always used to say they should be paying you to advertise, not the other way round

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.