Grace Beverley #2 How to be a successful entrepreneur; sponsored by GenFlow & rich parents

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
got some tea - I don't know if her and her bf are still together but I'm friends with her bfs realtives and their whole family bleeping ate her and all she talks about is herself at family gatherings loool (they told me this a couple of months ago)

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 46
got some tea - I don't know if her and her bf are still together but I'm friends with her bfs realtives and their whole family bleeping ate her and all she talks about is herself at family gatherings loool (they told me this a couple of months ago)
Not surprising at all. His mum is a counsellor so probably sees through the incessant boasting and self-promotion!

They're also not old money in the same way that she is so it'd be understandable if they weren't impressed by all the pomp

Reactions: 7
omg pls spill details if you can 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀

Also that article was horrible to read and filled with lies.

“If you come to my page expecting fitness content and workouts, then you will be very disappointed,” she says. ? Uhm sweetie did you forget how you got here and how you legitimise your products? She also seems insecure that she constantly has to legitimise everything she does so she's taken seriously that everything she says is her trying to give herself an ego boost when the fact is everyone would take her seriously if she was actually honest and didn't try to be something she is not.

Reactions: 9

“If you come to my page expecting fitness content and workouts, then you will be very disappointed,” she says. ? Uhm sweetie did you forget how you got here and how you legitimise your products? She also seems insecure that she constantly has to legitimise everything she does so she's taken seriously that everything she says is her trying to give herself an ego boost when the fact is everyone would take her seriously if she was actually honest and didn't try to be something she is not.
they were together years ago and re-kindled but ever since they've been back together (they had a at leats a few years break as I know of his ex), his family all dislike her and she's never invited round to family parties or gatherings if it can be helped as she steals the lime light and doesnt talk about anything but herself or without being on her phone!

• Wow
Reactions: 6
they were together years ago and re-kindled but ever since they've been back together (they had a at leats a few years break as I know of his ex), his family all dislike her and she's never invited round to family parties or gatherings if it can be helped as she steals the lime light and doesnt talk about anything but herself or without being on her phone!
jeeeeez thats not shocking. She's quite close with his sister right like she's featured his sister in TALA shoots and invited her to the TALA launch dinner and stuff.

A lot of this article felt like her explaining herself for the things that have been pointed out about her. Like the current lack of fitness content from her now is because she never aimed for her account to be fitness in the first place.

Also rich to say shreddy is never centred around losing weight, it's literally called shreddy and all the transformations posted are of people losing weight?

Also the part about toxic gym environment I find quite weird:
“You can’t walk into a gym without a wall of personal trainers telling you ‘I can help you lose this’ or ‘Sign up to this and lose this much.’” - maybe I'm not aware that it happens loads but this is not really my experience in the gym. In fact, it's mostly online trainers and influencers that push things like that

Reactions: 16
A lot of this article felt like her explaining herself for the things that have been pointed out about her. Like the current lack of fitness content from her now is because she never aimed for her account to be fitness in the first place.

Also rich to say shreddy is never centred around losing weight, it's literally called shreddy and all the transformations posted are of people losing weight?

Also the part about toxic gym environment I find quite weird:
“You can’t walk into a gym without a wall of personal trainers telling you ‘I can help you lose this’ or ‘Sign up to this and lose this much.’” - maybe I'm not aware that it happens loads but this is not really my experience in the gym. In fact, it's mostly online trainers and influencers that push things like that
She always used shreddy as her word to go down the "trim down train" aka to literally lose fat. She was so concerned about losing fat that she didn't mind losing muscle at times, which is actually the opposite issue for a lot of people.

And I have been to different gyms in different countries and continents, that has never happened to me. They will usually ask you if you'd like a trainer when you first sign up / some offer a free session and you choose whether you'd like to or not.

Reactions: 5
Why is she so obsessed with her job title? She’s not a CEO in any real sense of the word, we can all see that? Every time she says it, she looks more and more pathetic. Just get on with your job.

There are so many quality issues with her clothing and bands brand, her app is very shoddy for the influencer market alone. I don’t know why she keeps doing this Emperor’s new clothes act. Her PR firm are getting her a lot of coverage but what’s the point if the product is crap?

Her app compared to Krissy Vela’s is SO bad. I can’t believe she has the cheek to promote it to be totally honest.

Reactions: 9
Why is she so obsessed with her job title? She’s not a CEO in any real sense of the word, we can all see that? Every time she says it, she looks more and more pathetic. Just get on with your job.

There are so many quality issues with her clothing and bands brand, her app is very shoddy for the influencer market alone. I don’t know why she keeps doing this Emperor’s new clothes act. Her PR firm are getting her a lot of coverage but what’s the point if the product is crap?

Her app compared to Krissy Vela’s is SO bad. I can’t believe she has the cheek to promote it to be totally honest.
I don’t hate Grace so this isn’t even a personal attack, but the app is OVERHYPED and wanted to add on from your point. I stupidly bought a three month subscription and used it for seven weeks before I deleted it. I liked it to start with (I was caught up in the hype, admittedly) but it genuinely seems to be aimed at very young girls who have little knowledge of fitness. This would be okay if they advertise it like that, but they don’t. It was very very boring, the same moves repeated constantly and I didn’t see any results at all - if you look at most people’s before and afters from the challenge, most admit they didn’t see much either.

The gym guides are a lot better but have looooads of spelling mistakes (selling ‘sole’ as ‘soul’ is one example). Plus, the videos don’t match the description a lot of the time. The community is really friendly but they lick Grace’s ass so much and are so like ✨✨ u CaN dO iT bAbE ✨✨ and giving poor advice when they have no clue about fitness at all!

sorry, I had to rant about it lol. If anyone did want to know about the app from someone who used it consistently for almost two months, let me know

• Wow
Reactions: 10
I don’t hate Grace so this isn’t even a personal attack, but the app is OVERHYPED and wanted to add on from your point. I stupidly bought a three month subscription and used it for seven weeks before I deleted it. I liked it to start with (I was caught up in the hype, admittedly) but it genuinely seems to be aimed at very young girls who have little knowledge of fitness. This would be okay if they advertise it like that, but they don’t. It was very very boring, the same moves repeated constantly and I didn’t see any results at all - if you look at most people’s before and afters from the challenge, most admit they didn’t see much either.

The gym guides are a lot better but have looooads of spelling mistakes (selling ‘sole’ as ‘soul’ is one example). Plus, the videos don’t match the description a lot of the time. The community is really friendly but they lick Grace’s ass so much and are so like ✨✨ u CaN dO iT bAbE ✨✨ and giving poor advice when they have no clue about fitness at all!

sorry, I had to rant about it lol. If anyone did want to know about the app from someone who used it consistently for almost two months, let me know
I can one up you as I bought a years subscription, the app is horrifically glitchy even after the updates supposed to fix it (music won’t play from spotify during workouts, videos don’t load well etc.) Annoyed as I can’t use it at all. I’m not a massive gym go-er but the moves are so basic and so repetitive I get bored. You have to have a lot of inner motivation and I bought the app in hopes I’d get that from there. Never paying again!

Honestly feel tricked by the entire thing. Like everyone else I started watching Graces videos when she was in uni (as was I), bought resistance bands (which are still good functioning well so can’t argue with that), but feel we lost the ‘real’ Grace along the way - unless we didn’t know her at all?

It just all seems gimicky, TALA is not a sustainable brand at all (cheap poorly made clothes, green washing and paying for your own returns of faulty goods to never get refund/replacement), the app is bad enough without the hyped up Grace fans singing her praises for a £10k prize and some goodies. BND stuff is the same as you can get elsewhere for cheaper. Grace flaunts her wealth all over not acknowledging her privileged position in obtaining it.

It makes me sad more than angry, this could have been something really special and had all the makings of it. The message just got lost amongst the desire to make money and seek fame🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 7

Krissy's app is also made by Genflow right?

[
I can one up you as I bought a years subscription, the app is horrifically glitchy even after the updates supposed to fix it (music won’t play from spotify during workouts, videos don’t load well etc.) Annoyed as I can’t use it at all. I’m not a massive gym go-er but the moves are so basic and so repetitive I get bored. You have to have a lot of inner motivation and I bought the app in hopes I’d get that from there. Never paying again!

Honestly feel tricked by the entire thing. Like everyone else I started watching Graces videos when she was in uni (as was I), bought resistance bands (which are still good functioning well so can’t argue with that), but feel we lost the ‘real’ Grace along the way - unless we didn’t know her at all?

It just all seems gimicky, TALA is not a sustainable brand at all (cheap poorly made clothes, green washing and paying for your own returns of faulty goods to never get refund/replacement), the app is bad enough without the hyped up Grace fans singing her praises for a £10k prize and some goodies. BND stuff is the same as you can get elsewhere for cheaper. Grace flaunts her wealth all over not acknowledging her privileged position in obtaining it.

It makes me sad more than angry, this could have been something really special and had all the makings of it. The message just got lost amongst the desire to make money and seek fame🤷🏻‍♀️
i’m so with you on everything you said. The app seems like it isn’t fully developed and they rushed the home guides, which is a shame because there’s so much potential there. I feel so bad for you that you bought a year and wasted that money ☹ Grace fans can’t see how bad it is because they love her too much or just want the prizes lol

I bought a new band for Shreddy recently and honestly, the quality has gone down so much. I still have OG Grace fit bands that are amazing but this has loads of dodgy stitching and the material is frayed. Don’t get me started on TALA; the tops are really nice but I’ve had four pairs of shorts break at the seams now 🙂

I know people change but yeah, I miss the old Grace and how genuine she was. I don’t dislike her now, but the illusion has shattered for me and I can see how dodgy she’s being...

Reactions: 2
“I’m so sorry that this arrived late... I had to remake your pieces... thank you so much for letting me make and send you my jewellery!”

Then the classic ‘adgifted’ in the corner. It actually disgusts me that small business owners will do this and Grace doesn’t even pay. You shouldn’t have to thank someone for letting you send them free stuff! And then to apologise for it being late as well. I thought Grace was all #girlboss, women supporting women and whatever but she’ll let this girl send her a load free stuff and fawn over her too? It’s ridiculous.

Attachments

• Sick
Reactions: 12
Obviously she works hard but she’s dying to make herself out to be some oppressed person who has risen to success? She grew up in Notting hill, went to private school, is white, has a rich family - she’s the definition of privileged. She thinks by telling her followers her parents made them write formal letters and argue their case when they wanted something to be bought for them that it makes her humble and gets rid of her privilege? The fact is you can take these risks when you know if you lost everything you have parents that can financially support you and even let you live in their home. Obviously we live in a patriarchy and women are generally more ‘oppressed’ than men, but this doesn’t mean that every single woman has been hard done by and it’s against the odds for them to ever make it? Wish she would just acknowledge her privilege in these interviews rather than always having to make a point about how hard it is for her to be a CEO as a white rich middle class female that has been raised her whole life and academic career to make herself believe she’s the best and can do anything
Oh my god I found that whole series of Tweets so funny. Grace really tried to make it seem like having to beg your parents to pay for your Reading tickets was this huge out of the ordinary thing. How out of touch are you Grace? It's really not abnormal for your parents to make you pay for your own festival tickets? There are children in this country whose parents can't even afford to feed them, don't be trying to imply that you were all hard done by because you had to beg a bit for £250 festival tickets lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: 15

Honestly tip for you if you do want to spend money on a plan again, look around your local area for independent gyms- a lot of people are doing online coaching for a fraction of the price of personal training.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.