Grace Beverley #2 How to be a successful entrepreneur; sponsored by GenFlow & rich parents

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know you're being sarcastic, but as someone who has financially supported Grace buy watching her videos, engaging with her content, buying her guides & products (including bands and Tala!!), etc I feel like her consumers are her stakeholders. I'm not fussed about her house, but I'm more concerned that she won't take any criticism from paying customers about her products or issues with business process. Her indifference to customer concerns is why I stopped following her and buying her stuff and came to this thread to vent.
I feel like she doesn’t know what shareholders mean, she really thought she did something. I agree with your point, anyone that’s supported her businesses in any ways are shareholders. Transparency is key in an ethical business.

Reactions: 2
I think you’re way way way waaay too concerned with someone else’s pocket. You can be extremely successful in a short space of time without coming from wealth. People have done it. You sound like you lack confidence and are projecting negatively. And now that she has all that she has regardless of whether she had a leg up or not, what can we do about it? Absolutely nothing.

Continuously harping on about her privilege doesn’t help you acquire the things you obviously feel as though you’re lacking. She has the house, she has the hot tub and whatever else she’s ‘lucky’ to have. She doesn’t have to explain her wealth/background to anybody at all. Get over it and get over yourself. You can’t live life vilifying people because they have more than you. We live in a capitalist society that has been existing since before we came into this world, you seem as though your main dislike is the fact that she comes from wealth... would you be this upset if you came from wealth and have all that she has?
I doubt it, so get off of your high horse please! I’ve read the room, and it seems as though you have personal issues to address.
Lol ok grace.

Reactions: 37
Oops i’ve hit some nerves. I’ll quickly exit so the Bank of Grace stakeholders and the Grace Bank Account stalkers can continue discussing her wealth like experts without any rebuttal. God forbid you disagree with someone on here.
What rebuttal? All you said was "ppl are rich and privileged get over it grace works hard stop crying and move on" while insulting ppl here randomly. We criticize Grace bc of her business failures, lies of privilege, and how she has been supported by a lot of external groups like Genflow and whoever at TALA when she can just be honest about it. Everyone has different degrees of privilege, clearly everyone understands that and accepts that. But we are going to criticize the Jeff Bezos-s of this world AND the Grace Beverleys of this world - people whose wealth is built on hard work yes but hard deceit as well.

Recall her oxford years when she was constantly on vacation, missing classes, and doing all these socializing events / parties while oxford students were literally slaving away unable to hang out with their friends. If you define fast fashion hauls, releasing poorly made training programs without any certification, selling overpriced bands, and taking 24 hour trips to croatia to party as 'hard work' in a 'capitalist society' then you should probably step away and recheck the definition of hard work. Her Forbes profile is built on ripped leggings, crappy customer service, trash rude behaviour to ppl who once supported her for years, and green-washing of what is clearly a fast fashion clothing brand. Not to mention an app that is barely useful for anyone outside a beginner in the gym that has now introduced 10-20 mins of workouts as effective, which is clear exploitation.

You sound like a minion, which is probably why you can't come up with a legitimate argument to defend her other than attack others just like her minions do.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
Personally I'm not bothered how she has her wealth, nor am I kept up at night crying over the fact she has privilege. I just think it's sad that younger females are being told 'girl boss' 'CEO vibes' 'started from nothing' 'completely self funded' etc when it simply isn't true.

I think she has worked hard in the sense that she obviously has had to attend numerous meetings, manage a new team, manage house renovations, complete her degree, market herself online, complete brand deals, travel, explore a market in the covid-19 conditions etc... I also don't see many other 'sustainable' business owners launching so many products in one year. I also don't see many new business owners buying multi-million pound houses in central London in their first year of trade.

If I were Grace I would be sat in my hot tub with a glass of Veuve reading through tattle for fun. Fair play for using her privilege and not just relying on mum and dads money. Doesn't mean I can't be critical or very, very salty!

Reactions: 19
Personally I'm not bothered how she has her wealth, nor am I kept up at night crying over the fact she has privilege. I just think it's sad that younger females are being told 'girl boss' 'CEO vibes' 'started from nothing' 'completely self funded' etc when it simply isn't true.

I think she has worked hard in the sense that she obviously has had to attend numerous meetings, manage a new team, manage house renovations, complete her degree, market herself online, complete brand deals, travel, explore a market in the covid-19 conditions etc... I also don't see many other 'sustainable' business owners launching so many products in one year. I also don't see many new business owners buying multi-million pound houses in central London in their first year of trade.

If I were Grace I would be sat in my hot tub with a glass of Veuve reading through tattle for fun. Fair play for using her privilege and not just relying on mum and dads money. Doesn't mean I can't be critical or very, very salty!
I completely agree. I just think the main thing people are annoyed about is the lack of transparency. Like of course there’s no rule that you have to be completely transparent - but it’s when she makes out in interviews everything was against her becoming a CEO because she’s a female. Obviously it’s harder being a female in business, but it’s quite offensive to WOC CEOs or people from poor backgrounds when a rich, white, middle class girl is like to her followers I built this from nothing when all the odds were against me as a female. Would be more tasteful and perhaps insightful to acknowledge she was in a position of privilege but maybe still experienced difficulties in business from being a woman

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I was just watching an old (ish) video and she refers to the CEO of Genflow (Shan) as a business partner? I'm always shocked (and slightly impressed!) at the terminology she uses to hide the fact Genflow just run her businesses.

It also kinda made me a bit sad because she spoke about how she always knew she wanted to do something entrepreneurial, but just thought she'd have a corporate job first and then go to business school. Seems like her relationship with Genflow and how she portrays it to be have left a black mark as she was totally capable (imo) of doing this all by herself. It just would have been a slower and harder process. There's some part of me that thinks she was taken advantage of by Genflow and in my eyes she won't ever live that down.

I was just watching an old (ish) video and she refers to the CEO of Genflow (Shan) as a business partner? I'm always shocked (and slightly impressed!) at the terminology she uses to hide the fact Genflow just run her businesses.

It also kinda made me a bit sad because she spoke about how she always knew she wanted to do something entrepreneurial, but just thought she'd have a corporate job first and then go to business school. Seems like her relationship with Genflow and how she portrays it to be have left a black mark as she was totally capable (imo) of doing this all by herself. It just would have been a slower and harder process. There's some part of me that thinks she was taken advantage of by Genflow and in my eyes she won't ever live that down.
Taken advantage of how? Was that a mistype?

Lots of people like Krissy Cela and Natacha Ocean have used Genflow to launch their apps and products, but they've not leapt at the chance to proclaim themselves as girl bosses. They acknowledge their businesses and focus on the promotion of them, not harping on about how much they're doing do run it all.

Grace clearly has a very strong network given her family background, being taken out was completely out of the question.

Even if she wanted to "go it alone" without mummy and daddy's mummy, she probably sought some advice from them or other family members along the way.

What she's done is allow her businesses and MaJoR workload to become her identity/that which she markets herself based on and that's where she's fallen flat. She has more help than she's willing to admit and it's incredibly misleading and dangerous for young people who look up to her.

Reactions: 9

Lots of people like Krissy Cela and Natacha Ocean have used Genflow to launch their apps and products, but they've not leapt at the chance to proclaim themselves as girl bosses. They acknowledge their businesses and focus on the promotion of them, not harping on about how much they're doing do run it all.

Grace clearly has a very strong network given her family background, being taken out was completely out of the question.

Even if she wanted to "go it alone" without mummy and daddy's mummy, she probably sought some advice from them or other family members along the way.

What she's done is allow her businesses and MaJoR workload to become her identity/that which she markets herself based on and that's where she's fallen flat. She has more help than she's willing to admit and it's incredibly misleading and dangerous for young people who look up to her.
I may be entirely off the mark. I just kinda feel like she had all these aspirations, and was/still is quite young, and just leapt at the chance to do something that had clearly been 'the dream' for a long time. I'm absolutely not excusing the way she's acted, and how she's made herself out to be.

Maybe I'm cutting her too much slack, I don't know.

I may be entirely off the mark. I just kinda feel like she had all these aspirations, and was/still is quite young, and just leapt at the chance to do something that had clearly been 'the dream' for a long time. I'm absolutely not excusing the way she's acted, and how she's made herself out to be.

Maybe I'm cutting her too much slack, I don't know.
I think you're definitely cutting her too much slack.

Grace (like anyone) is absolutely entitled to having aspirations of being a successful businesswoman.

However, she knows exactly what she's doing and is far from naïve. She's very careful about her language and sprinkles in hints about the role that Genflow plays and there so when she's called out on it, she can rip people's critiques to shreds. This happened a few weeks ago when someone did just this.

Just like her online Harvard course... yes it's Harvard, but it's far from competitive. If you can pay, you're in. But most of us will be too phased by Harvard to see beyond the superficial.

Even when she was looking at houses, she knew to have a man with her (most likely her father) to stop her from being ripped off by virtue of being a woman. (She mentioned having a man with her in previous videos)

If she can do that for a house, I'm sure that she wouldn't enter into any legally binding contract without daddy, mummy or some other relative look over it in great detail.

Reactions: 6
I feel like she doesn’t know what shareholders mean, she really thought she did something. I agree with your point, anyone that’s supported her businesses in any ways are shareholders. Transparency is key in an ethical business.
Lol unfortunately it’s you who’s misunderstood the difference between shareholders and stakeholders. Her customers are most definitely not shareholders

Reactions: 3
I'll be honest, I don't actually care much about grace or genflow or whatever. She can be a bit hypocritical with stuff she says, but for me it's more about the whole social media fakeness and how her fans just believe anything. I find it interesting finding out more about it and discovering how it's not really all like influencers make it out to be, no matter how much their fans believe it. Grace is just good example of that. I don't like talking about her looks and being nasty about stuff like that. But reading the threads on here made me realise how fake Instagram is.

Reactions: 5
I'll be honest, I don't actually care much about grace or genflow or whatever. She can be a bit hypocritical with stuff she says, but for me it's more about the whole social media fakeness and how her fans just believe anything. I find it interesting finding out more about it and discovering how it's not really all like influencers make it out to be, no matter how much their fans believe it. Grace is just good example of that. I don't like talking about her looks and being nasty about stuff like that. But reading the threads on here made me realise how fake Instagram is.
It's amazing how much is smoke and mirrors! If it's like this with her, it does make you wonder what other influencers are hiding!!

Reactions: 1
Oops i’ve hit some nerves. I’ll quickly exit so the Bank of Grace stakeholders and the Grace Bank Account stalkers can continue discussing her wealth like experts without any rebuttal. God forbid you disagree with someone on here.
this is hilarious because all i said is “why are you here” and you proceeded to have a fit ... ok grace

Reactions: 7
It's amazing how much is smoke and mirrors! If it's like this with her, it does make you wonder what other influencers are hiding!!
It is and reading this forum put me off that world. I don't even think the genflow is so bad, but I only heard Grace say once (in the podcast posted a few pages back) that the success of her business is due to the fact she already had demand as she had a big following. But her fans are like "please do a video on how to start a business" when clearly it's not like anyone can replicate that without being an influencer. So how to start a business from grace perspective would be:
Step one: get a large following online and money from brand deals and youtube
Step two: start a business and push your products to your followers

It's not that deep. But she has to make it out as she's a big CEO running a business from scratch, let's be real, if she wasn't popular on Instagram she wouldn't sell anything. The same thing with, as she said in the podcast, is that licensing deals are a legit way to run a business but she already had leverage because of her personal brand. If I tried to get a licensing deal, it would be much much harder

Reactions: 13

This hits the nail on the head I think. Grace no longer had a brand/ identity. She’s made her brand “girlboss” so whilst other influencers who have done the same thing as her e.g Natacha Oceana, they are a fitness influencer with relevant businesses and it works

Grace lost interest in fitness, which basically puts all her companies at risk, so she had to rebrand herself in a way that was still connected to the businesses- and so she chose “business woman”. To prove she is still relevant to and for the company. But yeah, it’s just awkward because nearly every influencer has a “business” and for some reason hers are this massive thing that she is determined to thrust the term ceo down ourthroat. She’s also said in an interview it’s not possible to be ceo of 3 businesses- the way she interchanges her job title whenever she pleases really makes me question what her actual job is- it’s like they let her call herself what she wants and her job is literally approving colours and doing business talks to students.
It does surprise me that her businesses are centred around, fitness, vegan and sustainability and she really doesn’t promote any of these on her channels. She promotes being busy/ to do lists/ her dog/ her arse. Honestly Just waiting for Tala to release pet merch. Hey gals coordinate your pooch and your outfit with our new vegan leather dog leads

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Lol unfortunately it’s you who’s misunderstood the difference between shareholders and stakeholders. Her customers are most definitely not shareholders
No, but her customers ARE stakeholders in her business. I'm sure MIClovergirl just got the words mixed up as the post she was replying to had already referred to them as stakeholders, and not shareholders.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I think you’re way way way waaay too concerned with someone else’s pocket. You can be extremely successful in a short space of time without coming from wealth. People have done it. You sound like you lack confidence and are projecting negatively. And now that she has all that she has regardless of whether she had a leg up or not, what can we do about it? Absolutely nothing.

Continuously harping on about her privilege doesn’t help you acquire the things you obviously feel as though you’re lacking. She has the house, she has the hot tub and whatever else she’s ‘lucky’ to have. She doesn’t have to explain her wealth/background to anybody at all. Get over it and get over yourself. You can’t live life vilifying people because they have more than you. We live in a capitalist society that has been existing since before we came into this world, you seem as though your main dislike is the fact that she comes from wealth... would you be this upset if you came from wealth and have all that she has?
I doubt it, so get off of your high horse please! I’ve read the room, and it seems as though you have personal issues to address.
Looks like grace couldn't stay away from the gossip sites forever 🤣 hello new member

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Will she ever come back to Youtube? Did I miss her saying her current stance on it? I miss her videos, honestly

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.