Grace Beverley #15 Rags to riches, shows off her stitches, bestseller on amazon witches

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
$10 says she only keeps up with the podcast for about 6 months before moving on to something else.

Reactions: 35
I haven't actually watched the new video on her IG (can't bring myself to watch) but the title says "why people need to learn to quit" and the highlighted caption is "dropping out of college/uni", so I could be off, but just off that surface, it seems like the stereotypical multi generational wealth person who has the world's largest safety net/nest egg/mansion/career, advising people to quit and pursue their passions (I'm assuming? I probably should have watched it!) If it's not, it's a rhetoric that I've heard from influencers like them before, Grace is like.. "if you don't have money to start your business, hustle hard!! If that doesn't work, just ask your parents for a small seed loan of Ā£50,000, then use that to scale sckale skaleee" It's just someone who is out of touch with the realities of most people's everyday life. Working to survive, working to put food on the table, so they can have income, so they can pay rent etc studying to get a good job as they don't have the connections through parents and parent's friends to get into any job they want. It's like a lottery winner telling people to stop putting money into rent (what a waste) and put it into lottery tickets!! It worked for me!!! Yes, but your set of circumstances or extraordinary. Again, like most things Grace seem's to turn her hand to, it's been done before, it's been done better and there is only ever a 'surface level' feeling of effort that has gone into it. It wouldn't surprise me if it was set up and completely organised by a podcast company and all she had to do Is walk in and talk, they sort the production/guests/studio/times etc so another 'gift' of a brand, that will be straight into the top of the charts. She's twisted the fact that she is the boss of these 'brands' but really the brands and companies higher up are using her for her impressionable fanbase and allowing her to think she's in charge, whilst telling other's they can do the same.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
I haven't actually watched the new video on her IG (can't bring myself to watch) but the title says "why people need to learn to quit" and the highlighted caption is "dropping out of college/uni", so I could be off, but just off that surface, it seems like the stereotypical multi generational wealth person who has the world's largest safety net/nest egg/mansion/career, advising people to quit and pursue their passions (I'm assuming? I probably should have watched it!) If it's not, it's a rhetoric that I've heard from influencers like them before, Grace is like.. "if you don't have money to start your business, hustle hard!! If that doesn't work, just ask your parents for a small seed loan of Ā£50,000, then use that to scale sckale skaleee" It's just someone who is out of touch with the realities of most people's everyday life. Working to survive, working to put food on the table, so they can have income, so they can pay rent etc studying to get a good job as they don't have the connections through parents and parent's friends to get into any job they want. It's like a lottery winner telling people to stop putting money into rent (what a waste) and put it into lottery tickets!! It worked for me!!! Yes, but your set of circumstances or extraordinary. Again, like most things Grace seem's to turn her hand to, it's been done before, it's been done better and there is only ever a 'surface level' feeling of effort that has gone into it. It wouldn't surprise me if it was set up and completely organised by a podcast company and all she had to do Is walk in and talk, they sort the production/guests/studio/times etc so another 'gift' of a brand, that will be straight into the top of the charts. She's twisted the fact that she is the boss of these 'brands' but really the brands and companies higher up are using her for her impressionable fanbase and allowing her to think she's in charge, whilst telling other's they can do the same.
Gives me lauren ticker vibes!

Reactions: 15
I skimmed the video - Steven Bartlett does the talking and he does have some good points but doesnā€™t really answer the question šŸ¤£

To my knowledge heā€™s from a very normal background, dropped out of uni and started (actually started not just fronted!) a company from his bedroom age 22. It did really well and he left to start other companies. Heā€™s also the new dragon on Dragons Den.

Reactions: 12
I am sooo fed up of rich people partaking in various back-patting exercises (in her case, Tala, the podcast, preachy interviews) under the guise of being ā€œsuccessfulā€ and ā€œrelatableā€ when really theyā€™re just voids to funnel their money into and stroke their egos, as in their heads theyā€™re number 1 and number one only, and us plebs need reminders of that on the regular.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Surprisingly it actually wasnā€™t Grace on this episode telling people to quit their education/job to be the face of a company. I havenā€™t fully watched the IG section but there was a big chunk of the podcast where Grace was asking Steve? When is it right to quit something vs something just being challenging and not enjoyable but that you should stick to and complete. From this Grace mentioned she considered quitting uni multiple times and easily could have due to her popularity but stayed and graduated anyway as opposed to Steve who started and did quit school to do business

Reactions: 8
Surprisingly it actually wasnā€™t Grace on this episode telling people to quit their education/job to be the face of a company. I havenā€™t fully watched the IG section but there was a big chunk of the podcast where Grace was asking Steve? When is it right to quit something vs something just being challenging and not enjoyable but that you should stick to and complete. From this Grace mentioned she considered quitting uni multiple times and easily could have due to her popularity but stayed and graduated anyway as opposed to Steve who started and did quit school to do business
I have no idea who he is, but this is such a dangerous message to send, for every person who drops out of uni/education to set up a business and is a success, I bet there are hundreds who do so and it ends up as a huge mistake

Reactions: 18
I have no idea who he is, but this is such a dangerous message to send, for every person who drops out of uni/education to set up a business and is a success, I bet there are hundreds who do so and it ends up as a huge mistake
He isnā€™t saying that, he basically says to weigh up pros and cons to decide if carrying on at uni/in a current job will get you where you want to be, or if itā€™s holding you back.

Reactions: 7
He isnā€™t saying that, he basically says to weigh up pros and cons to decide if carrying on at uni/in a current job will get you where you want to be, or if itā€™s holding you back.
I can understand with the job thing, but dropping out of uni after spending who knows how much for me never seems like a good idea

Reactions: 8
I can understand with the job thing, but dropping out of uni after spending who knows how much for me never seems like a good idea
Agreed!! I hated uni but still stuck it out for 4 years because I knew it was better for me to have a degree than not, given I wanted to have a career in something finance-y. Equally I hated the first few years of real life work but stuck it out and itā€™s turned out not so bad ā˜ŗ

One of my friends did drop out of her business degree after 2 years because she just knew it wasnā€™t for her since sheā€™s super creative. It ended up working out well for her but I can imagine it wouldnā€™t be the same for others! It really depends on the person and how willing they are to work.

This Steven guy has a book Iā€™m quite tempted to read because he seems to really have his tit together. Puts me off a bit how pally he is with Grace though šŸ˜…

Agreed!! I hated uni but still stuck it out for 4 years because I knew it was better for me to have a degree than not, given I wanted to have a career in something finance-y. Equally I hated the first few years of real life work but stuck it out and itā€™s turned out not so bad ā˜ŗ

One of my friends did drop out of her business degree after 2 years because she just knew it wasnā€™t for her since sheā€™s super creative. It ended up working out well for her but I can imagine it wouldnā€™t be the same for others! It really depends on the person and how willing they are to work.

This Steven guy has a book Iā€™m quite tempted to read because he seems to really have his tit together. Puts me off a bit how pally he is with Grace though šŸ˜…
yeah exactly, obviously there are exceptions, like your friend, but I think usually even if it is not relevant to the job you want to do, having to say at a job interview that you dropped out of uni doesn't give a good impression imo (although I imagine in the arts dropping a business degree is not badly seen, so there are lots of exceptions!) , but for many employers it is like saying "I didn;t like something so i gave up". Also grace saying she wanted to drop out of oxford at various times is such a clear lie, she was DESPERATE to get an oxford degree, regardless of the subject, why would she have wanted to leave?

Reactions: 13
Sheā€™s 10000% abroad!!!! And barely posting so sheā€™s escapes criticism šŸ‘€šŸ‘€
I thought this at first, but her story yesterday had a bottle of coffee from somewhere in London and she posted a photo from somewhere that was definitely her garden (could see the pergola).
But then it could easily all be pre-taken photos and tbf, how else do you explain her only posting close ups of everything

Noticed the other day her ex-assistant Emily is looking after Ziggy. So maybe Grace is away and just being very calculated about it?

• Wow
Reactions: 29
Haha grace just posted a photo and tagged the location as London. Coincidence? I don't think so šŸ˜‚

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.