Grace Beverley #15 Rags to riches, shows off her stitches, bestseller on amazon witches

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
View attachment 602499
This made me laugh so much, she's going on about how picky she is and how she has such an attention to detail and she's literally included 'always use lowercase' twice in the list hahahahaha
I can't help but roll my eyes at this – a style guide is incredibly common and literally nothing to make a big deal out of. All major publications will have one, and I bet most social media businesses will use one too (although I'm not a social media manager, so this is just a guess!). This just feels like she's trying to show off how ~detail oriented~ she is to people who don't ordinarily work in that space.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
I’m blocked so I haven’t seen this but my personal view based on experience in business is that being likeable actually goes a very long way, especially when you need to network / pull favours!
Yesss!! I would say I’m well liked in my company and I do favours for others and help, so people will help me if I need it. But there is some people who are super rude and hard to work with, so no one really wants to help them unless they get forced to by a manager 😬

Reactions: 11
View attachment 602499
This made me laugh so much, she's going on about how picky she is and how she has such an attention to detail and she's literally included 'always use lowercase' twice in the list hahahahaha
Emojis is plural here, not possessive. It shouldn’t have an apostrophe. But SUCH attention to detail!!

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 47
I was about to post exactly this :LOL: judging by the frequent mistakes in posts I don;t think any of them have much attention to detail tbh
They’re too busy worrying if there is a space between their words and emojis or if the brackets are right to even write captions that make sense 🤪

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I'm skipping through the podcast she did and although we know her dad has been offering consultancy services on the cheap, it sounds like he is way more heavily involved than we might have thought. She talks about having meetings with him every day and it seems he is the person in charge of "scaling" TALA (from 43.30). She likes to present the idea that as soon as she started her businesses she detached herself from the benefits of her family privilege, but it looks like her family connections and wealth will be instrumental in growing TALA beyond a merch brand.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 45
I'm skipping through the podcast she did and although we know her dad has been offering consultancy services on the cheap, it sounds like he is way more heavily involved than we might have thought. She talks about having meetings with him every day and it seems he is the person in charge of "scaling" TALA (from 43.30). She likes to present the idea that as soon as she started her businesses she detached herself from the benefits of her family privilege, but it looks like her family connections and wealth will be instrumental in growing TALA beyond a merch brand.

yeah it seems like not just her dad is involved but other contacts he has. Imagine being a business expert as he seems to be and being described as being "taken on" by your early 20s daughter :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: 38

Wow she looks so different in that thumbnail

Reactions: 9
Omg that’s made me crease
Gls
They absolutely do, no question about it.
There's no way Grace or Violet bought their houses without an injection of cash from their parents.
Even though Grace has done well business wise (no doubt about it), to have put down £320000 (20% of her house price per the deleted video) + stamp duty (ETA this would have been at least £100k based on the sale price, even as a first time buyer. Could have been tacked onto the mortgage though, but it's generally advisable not to) + solicitors fees + paying for extensive building works even with discounts (would be upwards of £100000 - don't forget the ridic expensive ceiling peel, £12k was it? ) - she would have had to have had help
Flora also hasn't made that much money from instagram to afford a deposit. Even buying with fossil boy.

Let's not forget, they have considerable generational wealth so they'll all benefit from at some point - some sooner than others.
fossil boy 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Reactions: 5

Lollll 46:20 “I’m VERY independent”

*went to private school off parents money, was able to set up tala due to a huge safety net, generational wealth, has her dad and sisters on the team*

surely hiring your dad and siblings is a guaranteed way to cause problems...not only in the family but in the business as well, I’m sure it creates weird working dynamics for the entire team

• Haha
Reactions: 39
I watched about 9 minutes of that video and I'd struggle to tell you what she actually said. So, like, rambling and, like, waffly.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Is TALA even still relevant? No one talks about them anymore, their engagement is so low on instagram?

Reactions: 32
Is TALA even still relevant? No one talks about them anymore, their engagement is so low on instagram?
It feels like since the book release she’s taken her foot off the Tala train pedal (shite analogy, sorry!?? Or at least, isn’t pushing it as hard to focus on shilling for the book and now podcast

Reactions: 16
It feels like since the book release she’s taken her foot off the Tala train pedal (shite analogy, sorry!?? Or at least, isn’t pushing it as hard to focus on shilling for the book and now podcast
Or maybe as she's reduced her social media engagement, people are no longer buying her tit because they may or may not be related 🤪

• Haha
Reactions: 17

So her college has tweeted about her multiple times, promoting her brand and book and now she’s slagging them off in this podcast? Saying uni taught her duck all in terms of tuition?
She is such an embarrassment

ALSO she is so boring, I’m not even gonna watch the rest because she literally just tells the same bleeping stories over and over and over again, yes grace we know that when you first started your IG you didn’t tell anyone about it and didn’t do a face reveal until you had 10k subscribers, you’ve told this story about 500 times already.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 28
I find it really weird that her college plugs her stuff - I get that you're proud of an alum - but here someone is saying they were threatened with suspension and forced to start a (later successful) business because of you.

I'm surprised they've never corrected that account of things... surely you'd want to correct a false narrative? Especially one that's damaging based on all the stuff you see in the papers about Oxbridge and those from less privileged backgrounds.

Reactions: 28
So her college has tweeted about her multiple times, promoting her brand and book and now she’s slagging them off in this podcast? Saying uni taught her duck all in terms of tuition?
She is such an embarrassment
found that really disrespectful, she could have worded her experiences at oxford better even if they were negative. bit rich coming from someone who attempted twice to get into oxford (and switched degrees nonetheless)

with her entitled attitude i wonder if there is anything she is actually grateful for

Reactions: 23
found that really disrespectful, she could have worded her experiences at oxford better even if they were negative. bit rich coming from someone who attempted twice to get into oxford (and switched degrees nonetheless)

with her entitled attitude i wonder if there is anything she is actually grateful for
Imagine saying one of the world's best unis taught you nothing? how arrogant do you have to be to make that assertion?!

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.