Grace Beverley #13 Double whammy nuanced Grace, freeloading through life with shiny face

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
i can hear the static crack just from looking at a photo of these pjs ahaha christ they look terrible...

Reactions: 14
Yes I’ve just got so many problems with this whole new launch
They looks so cheap and horrible. Did anyone watch the tala stories with the girl doing a live try on, because without the fancy lights and edits they are very poor. Pale trousers are see through for a start. The green colour looks horrendous
Also marketing being weird again, do they think they’ve invented the word pyjamas?
There is also nothing tackier than when brands plaster their name everywhere. Absolutely no need to add the tala branding on the pj’s, probably decreases the value. Reminds me of when PLT started writing pretty little thing over everything 🤢 even when big brands like Gucci do it you notice it’s only the absolute begs who buy the overly branded stuff (cough fendi grez). Especially for companies who are apparently “sustainable”, you can’t be using obnoxious branding, it reduces the lifecycle of the item. E.g sweatshirt branding really feels like they’re trying to jump on the Nike Spellout Sweatshirts which blew up on Depop (months ago now, hype has died down) because that’s what happens with hype and you can’t jump on it if you’re supposed to be sustainable

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: 18
They looks so cheap and horrible. Did anyone watch the tala stories with the girl doing a live try on, because without the fancy lights and edits they are very poor. Pale trousers are see through for a start. The green colour looks horrendous
Also marketing being weird again, do they think they’ve invented the word pyjamas?
There is also nothing tackier than when brands plaster their name everywhere. Absolutely no need to add the tala branding on the pj’s, probably decreases the value. Reminds me of when PLT started writing pretty little thing over everything 🤢 even when big brands like Gucci do it you notice it’s only the absolute begs who buy the overly branded stuff (cough fendi grez). Especially for companies who are apparently “sustainable”, you can’t be using obnoxious branding, it reduces the lifecycle of the item. E.g sweatshirt branding really feels like they’re trying to jump on the Nike Spellout Sweatshirts which blew up on Depop (months ago now, hype has died down) because that’s what happens with hype and you can’t jump on it if you’re supposed to be sustainable
marketing the PJs as "self-care" seems so skeeeezy - capitalising on the fact people have had a rough year and charging them £45 for the privilege of wearing your crappy product? How very "left wing" of you Grace

• Heart
Reactions: 48
Aren't you not allowed to use A levels in languages you're fluent in in your uni applications anyway? 🤔 We were told (10 years ago, I'm old) that if you're bilingual and take an A level in your language then you have to declare it on your UCAS and the uni basically doesn't count it in your application (which is fair, because you don't have to put in much effort compared to people learning the language from scratch) Did her school let her lie to sidestep that rule or have they changed it?
I know this was a way back but from what I've seen, you only need to declare being a native speaker if you're applying for a degree in that language. A friend of mine is a native Italian speaker and came to uni to study french - she wasn't allowed to take any classes in Italian because they were pointless

Reactions: 3
remember when tala was going to be a sustainable gym/fitness wear line that fitness instagrammer gracefituk started? oh how times have changed lmao

• Haha
Reactions: 37
So I'm pretty sure the fluency claim is another exaggeration from her. It's probably deleted but there was an old vlog of her visiting France and she is filming in a taxi, and the driver asks her a pretty simple question in French about why she is visiting and she got the completely wrong end of the stick, agreeing with him that the weather is lovely or something 😅
There was another vlog too where she was speaking French and it was tit and she herself claimed that she’s not as fluent as she used to be in the same vid
Queen of exaggeration we all know

• Haha
Reactions: 11
She said in a video about TALA that she got the name cos she thought it meant “shining star” or something in another language. Then it turned out to mean nothing at all, but she still liked the sound of the name and kept it. There’s a lighting company called Tala, so it’s not unique and doesn’t make sense
that is hilarious, it reminds me of when people get tattoos in Chinese etc without knowing the language and they mean something totally different to what they thought

I know this was a way back but from what I've seen, you only need to declare being a native speaker if you're applying for a degree in that language. A friend of mine is a native Italian speaker and came to uni to study french - she wasn't allowed to take any classes in Italian because they were pointless
I wonder if it differs across unis? I did languages and SO many of the students in my class had been brought up speaking the language thye were studying, they always claimed that it was fine as you didn't just study the language but also literature etc, but it put them at a huge unfair advantage

Reactions: 10
Aren't you not allowed to use A levels in languages you're fluent in in your uni applications anyway? 🤔 We were told (10 years ago, I'm old) that if you're bilingual and take an A level in your language then you have to declare it on your UCAS and the uni basically doesn't count it in your application (which is fair, because you don't have to put in much effort compared to people learning the language from scratch) Did her school let her lie to sidestep that rule or have they changed it?
First time hearing of this. Languages at A level are a massive jump from GCSE often looking at reviewing literature which would be similar to studying English Lit

The whole name plastering part is to prevent workers in the Chinese factory mixing up items with another sUsTaInAbLe brand 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Isolated issue 🤣🤣🤣 these clowns have been selling damaged faulty stock since day one
039803E8-5E29-4C66-8BC9-31FBDCF50A1D.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Jesus I thought someone had died from the tone of the start of the insta story she just did.

I guess that's what happens when you outsource to a factory overseas that you've never visited and have very little input into quality control etc...

• Haha
Reactions: 61
Do you think this is a stunt to try make it more exclusive forcing those poor souls to buy so they don't miss out?
100%, as someone else said they have been sending broken stuff for years, why stop now?

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Jesus I thought someone had died from the tone of the start of the insta story she just did.

I guess that's what happens when you outsource to a factory overseas that you've never visited and have very little input into quality control etc...
You know what the scariest thing is though, this is literally the only time I’ve ever seen her show the emotion of sadness in the entire time I’ve followed her, and its over money.
She is absolutely devastated at the idea that she’s going to lose some money because of this and I honestly have zero sympathy for her lol

• Angry
Reactions: 43
Sorry but this pyjama situation is actually so funny, just completely proves how tit the quality is

Reactions: 23
I cannot STAND their advertising for the pyjamas. It's like, this weird, staged vibe that just makes me so uncomfortable!! I can't put my finger on exactly why I don't like it... I just don't 🥲

Reactions: 20
Reading this interview from last year 🤣🤣🤣 Man are people being bamboozled. She says, “there has been a lot of criticism, for example, when somebody sees a takeaway cup in my Instagram story,” yh cause the only thing they can catch her out on is using a takeaway cup...🤨

• Angry
surely if "these thigns happen" a lot she should be using a different factory? (although I geuss this is what you should expect getting stuff made by people who are almost slave labour I guess) I had a friend who had a (minor) clothes business and I don't reacall her ever having a huge amount of stock totally unsellable

Reactions: 15

Yel

They must be really really damaged for them to not try to flog 'em.

Oh well dump that rejected plastic into landfill and order another batch tala. Couldn't sell or donate seconds as that would devalue the sustainable brand.

• Angry
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.