Grace Beverley #12 Full of conceit, called out in a tweet and boy is it sweet

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
just a few things:
1) who the fuk with a real job has time to both make loooong ass insta posts about what books theyā€™ve read this month? and make a fukin reminder about it AND prioritise this over doing actual work?
2) look how grotty that jacket looks šŸ¤® i mean i am glad to see that the expectation of other people wearing/buying their dirty clothes is not only on other people, however WASH YU DUTTY GARMS

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 19
1) who the fuk with a real job has time to both make loooong ass insta posts about what books theyā€™ve read this month? and make a fukin reminder about it AND prioritise this over doing actual work?
Maybe itā€™s just because I follow a lot of booktuber types but I donā€™t find that too outrageous šŸ˜… Even Mikaela Loach often does mini round ups and sheā€™s not a booktuber and is studying full time for a medical degree.
I wonder what stuff Grace reads, maybe sheā€™s like Krissy Cela and reads a lot of businessy self help books šŸ¤”

Reactions: 7
Its so funny though, you can really tell when a tala product isnā€™t selling because she starts trying to flog it on her story with her tits out lol
this is so true, she knows exactly what will get peopleā€™s attention, very biznezz woman of her to know sex sells!

uh oh, our crappy bra isnā€™t selling, let me get my tits in a way too small tank top and get on IG stories!

Reactions: 13
Whatā€™s the deal with this jack prick anyway? Is he actually going to rant about Grace in his video?
I blocked him ages ago coz he was bullying my autistic mate off tiktok but Iā€™m kinda curious if he mentions her

• Wow
Reactions: 19
Maybe itā€™s just because I follow a lot of booktuber types but I donā€™t find that too outrageous šŸ˜… Even Mikaela Loach often does mini round ups and sheā€™s not a booktuber and is studying full time for a medical degree.
I wonder what stuff Grace reads, maybe sheā€™s like Krissy Cela and reads a lot of businessy self help books šŸ¤”
i think for someone who keeps trying to market themself as ā€œceo/entrepreneur not influencerā€ itā€™s a pretty poor show. seems like one min sheā€™s trying as hard as she can to be ceo of a SusTainAbl3 ā€œactive wearā€ (term used as loosely as possible) business and the next sheā€™s trying to provide insta content. which is it? you can be both grease but stop trying to shake off the thing that made u whilst simultaneously clutching on tight through your mucky jacket sleeves

Whatā€™s the deal with this jack prick anyway? Is he actually going to rant about Grace in his video?
I blocked him ages ago coz he was bullying my autistic mate off tiktok but Iā€™m kinda curious if he mentions her
duno who he is couldnā€™t keep up with the chat on here about him earlier so just waiting to see an update here šŸ¤·šŸ½ā€ā™€ļø
what a bleep thošŸ˜ 

Reactions: 2
DAE feel like sometimes, Grace and Montana etc.. receive less public scrutiny than other influencers because they seem comparatively 'classy' and clever? Sometimes I feel like the beef people have with influencers is mostly about misogyny, like they're annoyed at them being shallow 'bimbos' and displaying stupidity rather than being bad people. It especially bothers me seeing the great wrong with filler as being shallowness rather than an indicator that there's more pressure to look a certain way, as if it's just another opportunity to mock women for being shallow (not trying to police what ppl say here, know thatā€™s not allowed, also shallow people are boring)

I also think the thing with Grace & her cleavage is a bit different to this - sure, sometimes it might just be prudishness, but I also sometimes we're expressing frustration with this constant need to be attractive and sexy (especially in contexts where attractiveness and sex appeal shouldn't come into it, like 'bizniz'/reading advice) when we moan about her having them out all the time. Women don't always have the words or energy to communicate this feeling in full so sometimes you just get "ffs why does she always have to have her tits out".

It reminds me a lot of this bit from Ways of Seeing: "Men look at women. Women watch themselves being looked at. The surveyor of woman in herself is male: the surveyed female. Thus she turns herself into an object ā€” and most particularly an object of vision: a sight" See chapter 3 here :)

@Deeznutslol, Someone definitely addressed the stuff about Grace to him repeatedly on Twitter and he announced this video a couple days after the big Grace tweet went round. There's no promise that he will mention her, but it seems like a bit of a coincidence? Could just be about that girl that got stick on This Morning. Also, it's tit that he did that to your autistic friend :/ could you go into it (if he has a thread on here)?

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
i canā€™t believe how much her tits were staring at me during that ā€œQVCā€ and i also find it hilarious how much they push that ā€œside boobā€ bra. it looks so uncomfortable and the fabric on all of those looks so cheap!

(disclaimer i have nothing against boobs being out and about, it was just like all i could focus on bc it was half the screen šŸ¤£)
I actually bought one of those (I used to be a big fan of hers until....well you know the rest) and you CAN NOT wear it seriously. It looks utterly stupid, squashes your boobs down and pops them out to the side; makes you look ridiculous. Itā€™s just a piece to wear in order to take a ā€˜sexyā€™ insta pic.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
just a few things:
2) look how grotty that jacket looks šŸ¤® i mean i am glad to see that the expectation of other people wearing/buying their dirty clothes is not only on other people, however WASH YU DUTTY GARMS
A COO is the Chief Operating Officer. She is having a Chief Operating Officer Operations meeting šŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 15
A COO is the Chief Operating Officer. She is having a Chief Operating Officer Operations meeting šŸ˜‚
this went straight over my head, know literally nothing about business lingo- has she worded it wrong and doesnā€™t know what sheā€™s talking about again?

Reactions: 1
DAE feel like sometimes, Grace and Montana etc.. receive less public scrutiny than other influencers because they seem comparatively 'classy' and clever? Sometimes I feel like the beef people have with influencers is mostly about misogyny, like they're annoyed at them being shallow 'bimbos' and displaying stupidity rather than being bad people. It especially bothers me seeing the great wrong with filler as being shallowness rather than an indicator that there's more pressure to look a certain way, as if it's just another opportunity to mock women for being shallow (not trying to police what ppl say here, know thatā€™s not allowed, also shallow people are boring)

I also think the thing with Grace & her cleavage is a bit different to this - sure, sometimes it might just be prudishness, but I also sometimes we're expressing frustration with this constant need to be attractive and sexy (especially in contexts where attractiveness and sex appeal shouldn't come into it, like 'bizniz'/reading advice) when we moan about her having them out all the time. Women don't always have the words or energy to communicate this feeling in full so sometimes you just get "ffs why does she always have to have her tits out".

It reminds me a lot of this bit from Ways of Seeing: "Men look at women. Women watch themselves being looked at. The surveyor of woman in herself is male: the surveyed female. Thus she turns herself into an object ā€” and most particularly an object of vision: a sight" See chapter 3 here :)

@Deeznutslol, Someone definitely addressed the stuff about Grace to him repeatedly on Twitter and he announced this video a couple days after the big Grace tweet went round. There's no promise that he will mention her, but it seems like a bit of a coincidence? Could just be about that girl that got stick on This Morning. Also, it's tit that he did that to your autistic friend :/ could you go into it (if he has a thread on here)?
Thats interesting, I really hope he does coz he has a lot of followers.
Basically I started following this guy on tiktok back in first lockdown, hes got autism and he really loves scuba diving and makes videos about it and also autism and adhd awareness videos, hes super nice. He gets mercilessly trolled on tiktok with people saying the most vile stuff, so I started sticking up for him and that and we got talking and now I chat to him all the time as he has a lot of the same political views as me etc. Anyway, people comment really awful things on his videos calling him a peadophile and a ******* daily, but the thing that really upsets him is when people call him a fake scuba diver and that he doesnā€™t really know how to dive (he does), and its become like the thing that people use to troll him now bc they know it gets to him, so jack decided to make a series of tweets saying he wasnā€™t a real scuba diver and a whole load of people were trolling him in the replies.
It doesnā€™t sound like the worst thing in the world granted, but taunting a vulnerable person like that with something you know really upsets them is a pretty low thing to do in my opinion.
He got called out by quite a few large creators on tiktok and he did eventually remove the tweets and apologise, but I just thought it was pretty disgusting tbh and not what I expected from him at all.

• Sad
Reactions: 20
Thats interesting, I really hope he does coz he has a lot of followers.
Basically I started following this guy on tiktok back in first lockdown, hes got autism and he really loves scuba diving and makes videos about it and also autism and adhd awareness videos, hes super nice. He gets mercilessly trolled on tiktok with people saying the most vile stuff, so I started sticking up for him and that and we got talking and now I chat to him all the time as he has a lot of the same political views as me etc. Anyway, people comment really awful things on his videos calling him a peadophile and a ******* daily, but the thing that really upsets him is when people call him a fake scuba diver and that he doesnā€™t really know how to dive (he does), and its become like the thing that people use to troll him now bc they know it gets to him, so jack decided to make a series of tweets saying he wasnā€™t a real scuba diver and a whole load of people were trolling him in the replies.
It doesnā€™t sound like the worst thing in the world granted, but taunting a vulnerable person like that with something you know really upsets them is a pretty low thing to do in my opinion.
He got called out by quite a few large creators on tiktok and he did eventually remove the tweets and apologise, but I just thought it was pretty disgusting tbh and not what I expected from him at all.
yes same!

Jesus what the duck?! Thatā€™s awful, I completely missed that - I only really know him from his videos about Zoella and Carmie. What a weird and horrible thing to do. Iā€™ve looked it up and he has deleted all related tweets and unretweeted stuff as far as I could see but god the cretins clearly loved it, the impact of his use of his platform for hate was clearly huge, itā€™s so vile. Good for you for sticking up for your friend

I love diving, I feel so privileged to have done it and wish it was available to everyone. Making fun of an autistic person for having a passion is just dirt behaviour

Reactions: 10

100% - I watched Love Island during Montana's season and she got praised to the ground by people for being not like the 'other' girls. She was seen as so smart and cool.

But she was actually pretty sly on that show and was the worst for talking behind people's back, and faked her relationship with Alex. Private school/privileged upbringing in general coaches you to 'talk the talk', and tricks people into thinking you're more intelligent than you are. It's why girls like Grace and Montana get away with doing the same stuff that other female influencers do... they're just better (not inherently, they've just been trained) at articulating a bullshit excuse that people fall for.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
yes same!

Jesus what the duck?! Thatā€™s awful, I completely missed that - I only really know him from his videos about Zoella and Carmie. What a weird and horrible thing to do. Iā€™ve looked it up and he has deleted all related tweets and unretweeted stuff as far as I could see but god the cretins clearly loved it, the impact of his use of his platform for hate was clearly huge, itā€™s so vile. Good for you for sticking up for your friend

I love diving, I feel so privileged to have done it and wish it was available to everyone. Making fun of an autistic person for having a passion is just dirt behaviour
Yeah it was weird as duck, I followed him before as well and did quite like him but that really pissed me off. Maybe it was a lapse of judgement and he didnā€™t realise the impact it had but like its just not really on tbh.
Tbf thought, if he slags off grace itā€™ll defo raise my respect for him hahah

Reactions: 3
The videos out, ironically I want to do something else rn so canā€™t watch it but I donā€™t think he mentioned grace scanning through it :(

Reactions: 4

Yes! I worship at the altar of John Berger for that book, and in particular that extract. Itā€™s one of the most profound things Iā€™ve ever read. It informed and inspired so much of my own thoughts and work through university and beyond! Rest in peace to a total legend ā˜¹

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I havenā€™t watched but left a long comment about grace - order the comments from newest and like/comment

Reactions: 6
I hate how all she seems to suggest that matters in a ā€œlookā€ is the waist, the bum and the boobs, Iā€™m all for feeling good and so on but I donā€™t think itā€™s very responsible to a younger audience to focus on that so much and Iā€™ve never come across any other brand that seems to be so obsessed with this.
Yeah considering they're meant to be an activewear brand they literally never talk about functionality and rarely show people properly working out in the clothes, it's always just pics of the arse

Omg I know who you mean I remember seeing his videos and the awful comments. There's a real issue on tiktok of people harassing and bullying people with autism or learning disabilities its so troubling and upsetting to see the comments of every one of their videos

• Sad
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.