Grace Beverley #12 Full of conceit, called out in a tweet and boy is it sweet

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ugh, I KNEW she'd end up with a bleeping Wikipedia article eventually... one thing to bear in mind is, we should be careful not to be TOO direct or interfere with the article too much, because it draws attention to the article from senior editors/ admins. Each time it's edited, it goes to the top of the "recent changes" list, and you never know who might just happen across it and decide the sourcing for the parents/ privilege stuff isn't "good enough", and then Grace dear gets away with a lovely promotional article that doesn't indicate anything about her generational wealth.

However much she deserves it (like "the truth" is some kind of unfair treatment!) changing the content TOO much to emphasise the "she's just a social media girl" stands out too much and will bring a crackdown on the article/ make them put it on semi-protected so unless you're a "proper user" you won't be able to edit it... then Grace gets exactly what she wants in an article. I know, it's bullshit... which is why I hate Wikipedia :)

Reactions: 25
Ugh, I KNEW she'd end up with a bleeping Wikipedia article eventually... one thing to bear in mind is, we should be careful not to be TOO direct or interfere with the article too much, because it draws attention to the article from senior editors/ admins. Each time it's edited, it goes to the top of the "recent changes" list, and you never know who might just happen across it and decide the sourcing for the parents/ privilege stuff isn't "good enough", and then Grace dear gets away with a lovely promotional article that doesn't indicate anything about her generational wealth.

However much she deserves it (like "the truth" is some kind of unfair treatment!) changing the content TOO much to emphasise the "she's just a social media girl" stands out too much and will bring a crackdown on the article/ make them put it on semi-protected so unless you're a "proper user" you won't be able to edit it... then Grace gets exactly what she wants in an article. I know, it's bullshit... which is why I hate Wikipedia :)
Looks like it's already on their radar:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:Jack_Frost - check point 3 on the contents page :eek:

• Wow
Reactions: 6
Lol, this article just came up on my suggested feed. Showing that Grace's school sends 32% of their students to Oxbridge. The way she tries to downplay this with statements like "I was very fortunate to have a great education" rather than "I went to an Oxbridge feeder school". https://thetab.com/uk/2019/09/24/re...fbGnDrRkCcKJ0fjUO6FyQ0LChGapeubhEAm-9S_ZXc1rM
Knowing this makes it even funnier that she a) only got in the second time round and b) for a less competitive subject 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Knowing this makes it even funnier that she a) only got in the second time round and b) for a less competitive subject 😂
Imagine the tension this must have caused given the amount of ££££ they’ve spent on her education. Proves that she really isn’t as smart as she’d like to think

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Another 10am start for Grace. The thing is she thinks she actually works so hard! My partner starts work at 5am every day, and finishes at 6pm at the minimum. Although often it is more like 8/9pm. Doing physical work. He gets 10 days vacation a year, and has to work holidays - no Christmas for us last year! And he still wouldn’t say he works so hard. (admittedly we live in a different country with different working norms). But really Grace has no idea what it is actually like for a lot of people. She has no idea what a work day really is .. yet will write a book on productivity.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
[
another link explaining genflow and shreddy:

talks about grez as being a "client" from 2016

and again, this time with b_nd... from 4:43 onwards

This is the video where he talks about how he started GenFlow.
Amazing how he started the NomNom app, much like what we have today with Shreddy, Tone and Sculpt, Beyond etc. but it didn't do well due to low consumer retention as it couldn't compete with Instagram at that stage. His whole business model changed which actually brought him back full circle to his initial idea.
But now using brand names of influencers who the audience can relate to, locks the consumers in and keeps them coming back for more "merch". It is nuts what this guy did. His story is amazing.

I also feel like Verity Park from Gleam is quite a tough cookie and runs a lot of the show.

Reactions: 18
Kind of off topic but has anyone here actually applied for Oxford? I got 2 A’s and A* in my A Levels and applied for Oxford for Archaeology and Anthropology. My parents think they saw ‘Lives/From Liverpool’ and threw my application away 🤣 back in 2015

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 31
Screenshot 2021-01-29 at 14.42.57.png

Being petty af but what's the point of having an entire room as a wardrobe if you're just going to throw your clothes everywhere. Her clothes are expensive as well so having the dog lie on it as well is just.. why.

Reactions: 20
Kind of off topic but has anyone here actually applied for Oxford? I got 2 A’s and A* in my A Levels and applied for Oxford for Archaeology and Anthropology. My parents think they saw ‘Lives/From Liverpool and threw my application away’ 🤣 back in 2015
Hahahaha I got rejected with v similar grades. For me it was the pre interview ‘not-an-exam-but-totally-an-exam’ exam. Walked out like wow that was hard and my grammar school mates (who had moved to a state sixth form to try and benefit from the state school quota at ox) told me they had been practicing these tests since year 9. Another eg of the insidious privilege !

• Wow
Reactions: 41
Kind of off topic but has anyone here actually applied for Oxford? I got 2 A’s and A* in my A Levels and applied for Oxford for Archaeology and Anthropology. My parents think they saw ‘Lives/From Liverpool and threw my application away’ 🤣 back in 2015
I applied and got rejected after the interview stage. I didn’t go to school in the UK or do A Levels though so not sure what the equivalent would have been. I did the IB which is probably the second most common thing people apply with and the interviewers spent about 5 minutes asking me how it worked because they didn’t understand the difference between higher and standard level subjects 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I went to Oxford from a state school (from a solidly middle class background). Ngl all of us state schoolers MASSIVELY looked down on those who came from private schools (wrongly or rightly lol). Honestly admissions are such a joke. I really feel for you. It is by no means fair, nor in the slightest bit a level playing field.

Oxford is not all that it’s hyped up to be. Full of stuck up pricks who don’t understand that not everyone can waltz through life doing the bare minimum.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
I went to Oxford from a state school (granted - a solidly middle class background). Ngl all of us state schoolers MASSIVELY looked down on those who came from private schools (wrongly or rightly lol). Honestly admissions are such a joke. I really feel for you. It is by no means fair, nor in the slightest bit a level playing field.

Oxford is not all that it’s hyped up to be. Full of stuck up pricks who don’t understand that not everyone can waltz through life doing the bare minimum.
Congrats tho still an achievement! The 5 who got into ox or Cambridge in my year had all but one transferred from private or grammar school, and the one that was state school all the way was from an academic dynasty 😅 his sister was at Oxford at the time and introduced us to study drugs lol.

I went to visit and we got an Email from the dean telling us to be quiet. Actually a lot of weird stuff went down that weekend but my main takeaway was that my mate (studying the same thing as me) said my course at my uni sounded so much more interesting than his at Oxford.

• Wow
Reactions: 14
Hahahaha I got rejected with v similar grades. For me it was the pre interview ‘not-an-exam-but-totally-an-exam’ exam. Walked out like wow that was hard and my grammar school mates (who had moved to a state sixth form to try and benefit from the state school quota at ox) told me they had been practicing these tests since year 9. Another eg of the insidious privilege !
Yeah I went to a state grammar and it was so tailored towards Oxbridge it was unreal. It was basically expected that everyone would want to go and we were offered trips to Oxbridge every year from year 10 onwards, mock interviews, mock timed tests like the ones they do for certain Oxbridge courses, etc. I never wanted to go, so I didn’t go to any of these events - from a working class background I felt out of place enough at grammar school where lots were pretty middle class and had transferred in from private schools. Then they sent letters home parents of kids like me who had ‘the grades’ but didn’t participate in Oxbridge pushing 😂

Reactions: 10
Congrats tho still an achievement! The 5 who got into ox or Cambridge in my year had all but one transferred from private or grammar school, and the one that was state school all the way was from an academic dynasty 😅 his sister was at Oxford at the time and introduced us to study drugs lol.

I went to visit and we got an Email from the dean telling us to be quiet. Actually a lot of weird stuff went down that weekend but my main takeaway was that my mate (studying the same thing as me) said my course at my uni sounded so much more interesting than his at Oxford.
Exactly. Pretty much everyone I know who studied my subject elsewhere had a better time & learned more valuable skills/knowledge.

Reactions: 3
Kind of off topic but has anyone here actually applied for Oxford? I got 2 A’s and A* in my A Levels and applied for Oxford for Archaeology and Anthropology. My parents think they saw ‘Lives/From Liverpool’ and threw my application away 🤣 back in 2015
I'm from Merseyside and 3 people from my school/college went to Oxbridge. They were from working class backgrounds. They were very intelligent though, way beyond the average. I got into a red brick uni but I would never have dreamed of applying for an Oxbridge uni. Tbh, I would never have wanted to 😂 I had a much better time and gained better life experience at university in Liverpool.

This was back in 2008 though so maybe it's become much more difficult to get into Oxbridge over the past decade or so.

Reactions: 7
I didn't apply to Oxford because they didn't offer my course but put Cambridge down on my UCAS as a bit of joke because I needed a 5th uni, got AABD in my AS levels and got in. I imagine it's the same at Oxford, but Cambridge wasn't really anything special tbh.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I keep going on about the scholarship thing but this lie is so audacious, particularly here. She knows full well that people reading that would assume all of them had full-ride scholarships, which is just hilarious when you consider that a) full-ride scholarships for private schools are exceedingly rare in the UK, and b) where they do exist, they are awarded to low-income families, not to the daughters of millionaires. It's frankly disgusting that she has tried to swing the few hundred quid award they all got for being trained as choral singers since they could walk as proof that her private school education was 'earned'.
Thank you, the 'scholarship' thing drives me mad. Private schools give out tiny 'scholarships' (which are 'merit based', not needs based) to loads of their students so that they can claim charitable status and say things like 'actually, over half of our pupils recieve financial assistance!' which doesn't at all mean they are giving full scholarships to kids who can't actually afford it. It's a couple of hundred quid here and there (off tens of thousands of pounds in fees), for kids whose parents can afford it anyway. And the oxford choral scholarship is just £400/year to anyone who sings in the choir - she lost it anyway because she left the choir.

Reactions: 25
I’m loving all this talk about Oxbridge. I went to school in the US around the same time grease was at Oxford and the thing that initially made me unfollow her was how much she bragged about her workload. My school had longstanding exchange partnerships with Cambridge and St Andrews and was prestigious on its own in the US and I remember thinking “oh shut up you’re not actually working harder than everyone else in uni. Everyone writes essays” lol

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.