Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Mamacita

VIP Member
Lol just saw this on reddit "Why do people from privileged class backgrounds often misidentify their origins as working class?...By positioning themselves as ascending from humble origins, we show how these interviewees are able to tell an upward story of career success ‘against the odds’ that simultaneously casts their progression as unusually meritocratically legitimate while erasing the structural privileges that have shaped key moments in their trajectory. "
https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/full/10.1177/0038038520982225

• Heart
Reactions: 38

judgejohndeed

VIP Member
If you had to ‘force feed’ yourself books I’d say you probably didn’t ‘love’ it. Honestly if I were her parents I would be asking these private schools for a refund 😓

• Haha

Jlurking

So Grease and co each went to a £9600 per year nursery (name is unknown), then Salisbury Cathedral School, costing £8970, 13440 and 16170 per year for the respective years), and then St. paul’s Girls (£25887 w/o scholarship, assuming they all had full music scholarships this would bring the total down £1650 per annum, total £24,237). Deducting the 30% choral scholarship offered at SCS (which I highly doubt all 4 girls would’ve received), assuming that each started nursery at the average age of 2 and continued to 4, and not including the fact that all 4 would probably have boarded throughout the whole of prep school, Ive been extremely bored and calculated some quick fees.

For all 4 Beverley children to attend those 3 schools (ignoring the fact they might have changed in between as information isn’t readily available as per the rich), the approx fees purely for school come to £1,004,244. Tell me again how your parents had average jobs Grease
amazingly this doesn’t even include fees for the royal academy of music either. it’s so funny to me how she took all this stuff off her LinkedIn, she used to have all her schools and scholarships listed there and obviously took them down when she realised how quickly she no longer becomes relatable when you find out her parents forked out upwards of a million to send their kids to school.

• Haha

Deeznutslol

VIP Member
I’m seeing her book being promoted so much, but I’m also seeing so many digs at her

‘Entrepreneur’
‘Who is she’
‘An influencer who promotes herself and fitness I believe’

• Haha

kkkkkkkk

god she’s absolutely fucking HORRIBLE! leading her fans to believe she’s anything other than upper class. all the lies about uni fees

and what someone said earlier is right - people don’t come here because they hate her off the bat. they come here because they used to like her, look up to her, follow her, buy her products but she’s completely lost their custom ! how she doesn’t see that she’s got a BIG problem on her hands with fans turning to haters is beyond me. it’s not like she’s only slightly infuriating so we unfollow but don’t care any further - she’s unbelievably infuriating !

• Heart

Mamacita

VIP Member
Grace "hustle culture is bad"
Also grace "use your coffee break to read some business articles"

• Haha

Jlurking

I read all day for my PhD and I don't care about feeling less productive when i go on my phone during my lunch break to watch tiktoks (or read tattle). It's not lazy to recognise that reading takes a lot of energy, especially for neurodivergent or disabled people! I can't, for the life of me, understand what Grace's book is meant to be about. How is her book anti hustle culture when all of her productivity tips are the embodiment of it?

• Heart

Deeznutslol

VIP Member
So davie_positivity has been double whammy’d. Looks like skrubby meals has shared my DMs with her as predicted 👀
0B414E38-6916-4CE2-B817-E61F39B6E93D.png

i’m struggling with why/how so many people are in such awe of her?!
wise is the last word i’d choose to describe grace beverley 🤷🏽‍♀️ without even thinking about the monumental fuckery over the past year, just look at today’s free meal saga - how can people not see her for what she is?!
She aint wise, I’m the same age as her and I don’t know anyone our age I could possibly call wise. No one is wise at this age

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 37

Stephg264889

Chatty Member
Just had a look in social blade
In the last year grace has lost nearly 50k followers 😂 all while apparently scaling, growing and being boss babe entrepreneur
Jan 2020- 1,086,778
Now- 1,039,870

• Haha

emm

VIP Member
(In response to her stories) Erm, Grace what? 🤦🏼‍♀️ What is your point?
I feel sorry for anyone who is a non native English speaker on here trying to understand any of that waffle :LOL: reminded me of Bojo at the press conferences

• Haha

ceecee454

Chatty Member
Ugh all the influencers have posted that this week

The analogy would work if said house did not have walls or doors and everyone was being invited to look in 🙄
innit!! don’t get how ur gona make hundreds of thousands (mills in some cases) from sharing every detail of your life, asking people what they want to see, showing that, making money from aff links, merch etc and then throw a big tantrum when the same people point out when ur goin on with fuckery?
you invited all these people into your “house” and they paid for the decor, you shat all over them and are now saying they have no right to comment on that
ok sista i’ll keep movin 🙄

• Heart

nomaddie

Chatty Member
Also howling that grubby obviously sent my message over to grace for her to use in that story. She wasn’t in the convo

hope companies start thinking fucking hell, not with the drama with her. The actual ad gifted promotion has been lost in grace going off talking about herself and how good she is again
I was shocked they sent your screenshot over. who runs this company? seems like childish behavior

nomaddie

Chatty Member
She really tried to make the tweet about “hustle culture” when the tweet was more focused on the denial of privilege and wealth that Grace has participated in. The tweet definitely was critiquing hustle culture but not in the same way Grace was. She was deliberately skipping over the point in order to 1) advertise her book and 2) make it look like she cares about privilege. I’m so tired of her and other influencers getting SO CLOSE to the point and then skipping over the parts they don’t like.

• Heart
I wonder if she has a dog walker for Ziggy? Otherwise the poor dog is only being walked 2 or 3 times a week!

I have never known anyone to put a reminder to take the bins out 😂😂😂

If you take dog walks, bin days and 5 birthday appointments off the calendar she’s really not that busy 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Haha

FDR97

Chatty Member
You know what still annoys me? That damn dog. She could have collaborated with a dog rehoming charity and adopted a cross breed and promoted it to her followers AND help the charity out, especially in these times. But instead she wanted a designer dog for Instagram.

• Heart

Mamacita

VIP Member
When I saw this all I could think was the YouTube video by Max Fosh about how easy it is to have a best seller on Amazon. (Link here if you have seen it:

hahahhahahahhaha
View attachment 416582
I think someone should put out a blank book for like 99p on the same day her comes out in amazon, maybe titled something like "how do some influencers make so much money" with only one word inside the book ("lie") and see if it tops her sales

• Haha
  • Heart