Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Emma.cs

She was filming her dinner and Tom started to mess it up so she screamed at him "don't do that I haven't even fucking filmed it yet you dickhead" - this is how Grez speaks to her only friends 🤢

I did a screen record, hopefully it uploads
That is...horrendous. I don't know about y'all, but I would never shout at my friends like that even for a joke...it doesn't come across as "banter" to me, why would you voluntarily share yourself sounding so horrible publicly?!

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Didn't she say she wasn't going to be accepting adgifted meal boxes & asked they be donated instead? I'm so tired of this girl receiving seemingly endless gifted food

ahemahem

Question: why would you buy a book by someone who can barely string an intelligent sentence together? It’s all just words.

• Haha

Stephg264889

Chatty Member
I never watch Grace’s videos but a picture just came up on my explore of her new book. Who tf is buying a book on how to work hard from the daughter of two millionaires? Everyone could launch a risky business if they know they have their parents house and money as a safety net. Most people don’t, so most of us get a job after uni. Seriously, wtf is inspiring about a rich person becoming more rich? If she was a man she’d have been laughed out the publishers office for pitching the idea of this book, but somehow being a woman means she can label herself as a girl boss instead of another privileged kid of upper class parents.
umm excuse me, I don’t know if you’re aware but grace actually suffers greatly in the business space for being a woman. Men are allowed to show off cars on their Instagrams when they get rich without negative comments. Poor grace is disproportionately criticised ☹

• Haha

Yokkupop

The use of ‘a a’ was intentional to be inclusive of people like me with stutters, don’t be insensitive guys x

• Haha
  • Heart

imsorry

I'm just remembering the time she made a "rules" instagram stories highlight. Never gets old I'm howling 🤣

• Haha

FDR97

Chatty Member
She could have literally said ‘Yes my family are well off and I’m extremely privileged because of that. I have had a fantastic Education that not many people get and I had lots of contacts that have helped me with launching these businesses.” That was literally it. Literally what she could have said in 1 story. Acknowledge it and get on with it

• Heart

sunday3

Omd her stories are brain numbing. I feel for victims of abuse, I am one, and that's the first time I've written it down. But what does that have to do with the meme on Twitter? All people face varying degrees of hardship in life and I think everyone empathises with this - no one has suggested that she hasn't had hardships.

All anyone is saying is keep ya f*@cking book about productivity and 'hustle culture' bc the background of an author MATTERS, ESPECIALLY given the topic of her book. Everyone cancelled Junot Diaz when they found out he was abusive - 'nuance' and background matter.

• Heart

Deeznutslol

VIP Member
Why bro promote this?? 😭
90A76B26-262C-40C1-A984-8EFAE5B11F49.jpeg

D8416A8D-743A-4003-861D-51AC51E49717.jpeg
I’m getting so many tala ads atm and all the clothes look sooo messy in all the pictures. Wouldn’t convince me to buy them tbh, on another one I saw you could fully see the models underwear through the leggings

• Haha
  • Wow

fwooper

VIP Member
Does she have any other way to describe her products other than ‘so flattering’, ‘so nice’, ‘makes your waist look tiny’, ‘makes your bum look huge’. The little showcase she just did on her IG seems so half-arsed, and with the aggressive filter she has over herself she could be wearing a vest from Primark and you wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

Reactions: 34

katy_16

68CDFF52-23AE-4041-BB12-570A68E3D496.jpeg

whoops ☺😅

Her voice also sounds bizarre in all of her stories today, and check the grease on her forehead in the water bottle vids:sick:

Last edited:
  • Haha

blackkcat

Sorry I’m probably really late to the party on this one but was doing some digging for my own research on Gleam.. so what HAS grace done?! There will be one like this for her book soon I’m sure 😂

B09AA553-C752-4CD1-98CA-90D7BC1C9A28.png
577DFAE9-4F97-420A-B6EB-5DE766C49D74.png

In regards to the ridiculous calendar and the joke about Ziggy being ‘busy’, anyone else have a feeling all those entries literally just say “Ziggy: Walk”? Wouldn’t be surprised if she needed a reminder for that tbh.
Lol probably.
This is such a joke. I have been working loads recently, way more calls than this and most of the last few weekends too but I still don’t feel like I could write something like this when I’m well aware that others do SO much more and for so much less pay!! And most of these seem like really trivial items.

• Wow

aemee321

Chatty Member
As well as being generally quite classist Oxbridge interviews (Cambridge anyway) are so southern-centric. My friend had an interview for Geography at Cambridge and they asked a question about some unlabelled map of some streets within London, when she said she'd never been to London so didn't know where they were talking about she said they looked so shocked/almost disgusted and had to scramble for another question from previous years. Safe to say she already knew she wasn't getting an offer lmao

• Wow
  • Sad

BigDee

This is pissing me off so much. She’s saying she’s stuck to her promise, but the promise what that she wouldn’t accept any adgifted food boxes, and would ask the company to donate instead to a (UK ??) food bank. I’m pretty sure she even said that it’s not right for her to receive free food when other people need it... instead she’s accepted the free food box, asked them for shreddy promotion and donated money to a charity in Uganda... while donating to the charity is obviously a good thing, it’s not what she promised at all. So she’s gone from “I won’t accept anything and will donate the box to people in the UK who need it most” to “I will accept the box and send money to a charity abroad”. Not the same thing. It just really doesn’t sit right with me.

I'm just absolutely baffled at how she can still claim she's not an influencer but a CEO when she posts stuff like this.

greenvelvet

VIP Member
The thing is, she had plenty of warning that something like this tweet was going to happen. We and countless others have been telling her how she’s been coming across for over a year, but any time she’s been called out, she not only blocks the person, but anyone that interacts positively with their comment, and hides or deletes it so nobody else can see it. She filters her comments so certain topics don’t come up. Where she’s platformed elsewhere, either by her design or Gleam’s, those comments are censored, too. And if she does engage, it’s usually just to defend herself, with this “you can disagree if you want, I’d just rather you didn’t do it in my time/space 😊” stuck at the end.

Pre-emptively removing anyone that shows any sign of agreeing with criticism of her from her platforms is the opposite of being open about and comfortable with her privilege and background, and she’s paying for it hard now that she’s the subject of a viral meme that will have been seen by millions of people, certainly more people than she has followers.

Her saying she finds the meme “funny” is code for her saying she understands and accepts her privilege, but going by her housemates’ comments, I don’t think she does. Although it’s not out of character for her to accept logically unsound and/or problematic support, I don’t think she would have let them comment that stuff without her greenlighting it, and that alone suggests she doesn’t really understand how she is advantaged and what she has done wrong.

I get the impression she is very insecure, but insecurity isn’t a good enough excuse for her behaviour, and if she can’t conduct herself properly due to her mental ill health, she needs to take a break (which she has the luxury to be able to do!) instead of expecting other people to be okay with suffering as a result of her actions just because she’s mentally ill. These aren’t people she had personal relationships with (that wouldn’t make it OK, just a bit less cut and dry), they are her employees and her customers and she has exploited them. If she has been going to therapy since that video nearly three years ago, she either isn’t speaking to her therapist about her career, just whatever it was that caused her PTSD, or is presenting the information dishonestly. Or she’s just ignoring her therapist? There is no way her therapist would hear her say anything that boils down to “I set my friends on critics and insult fans” or “I got teenagers to work for me for a few quid” or “I responded to a huge controversy by winging it on live-posted Instagram stories” (all things that would stress Grace out and be candidates to bring to therapy) and not try to talk to her about it or recommend alternate ways of dealing with it, unless she’s got a shit therapist or is doing something less conversational, like CBT.

Last edited:
  • Heart