Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

peach1234

Lol that last story. “Idk what to do” in a little sad voice. Are we supposed to pity you?

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 32

fwooper

VIP Member
I remember her talking about PTSD related to a car accident and injury she had?
I don't remember her linking the PTSD to the car accident, I think that was more speculation from forums tbh. She spoke about the PTSD affecting her during uni so it sounds like this was happening in the last few years rather than ages ago.

It's shit and it's awful that this has happened to her, but feel a bit weird about it being brought it at this moment because it kind of derails discussion. Talking about privilege is not about saying you can't have awful things happen during your life, and she surely knows this. It's just about acknowledging the different starting points people have in life, and how depending on where you 'start', things can be a lot easier or a lot harder for you. This is a very specific discussion about how entrepreneurs from rich families are consistently held up as the key holders of knowledge of how to succeed in business, even though all the odds were stacked in their favour to start with. I'm not really sure what her intention was with bringing that up.

utsfgrtbh

Really nerdy but im a graphic designer and so this is what i look out for everyday but the shreddy bus and branding in general really pisses me off and aside from personal taste, the colours fail accessibility tests.. this is really basic stuff, so much for an inclusive kween
I have no background in graphic design but the branding is really off putting to me. My eyesight isn’t that bad but everything blurs together and the baby yellow and pink look amateurish and dated

• Heart

Aemee00

VIP Member
They plaigarised her writing and used it to promote themselves😭😭 violation

Looks like the latest product is a let down too
Why does everyone always suck up to them 😩 omg I love your leggings SO much but they are ripped I'm so sorry but can I get my money back.. 🤢

• Haha
  • Heart

kittykat92

No, no, no girl. This is just not the identity crisis of an entire generation. It’s just you, other influencers and 14 year olds who haven’t yet learned that social media is fake af and full of people like grace beverley who lie about how they became successful
View attachment 415783
"reflections of how we are told we are" 🤭 what a clunky, clumsy sentence for someone so highly educated. Money well spent, Mr and Mrs Beverley.

• Haha

Rubysue123

Chatty Member
It’s the same as someone who is white saying white privilege doesn’t exist because white people still suffer from hard things in life. The point is that your life isn’t made harder by the colour of your skin. Or in her case her life hasn’t been made harder by her background and so on. No one is suggesting she’s never had anything bad happen to her.

• Heart

rubicon

Good lord my IQ has just dropped significantly watching that..

She sort of looked like she’s about to cry in the last few - would you see a GENUINE serious businessman/woman ever do that ? No 😅 imagine bloody Richard Branson saying ‘sorry our plane crashed but I’ve actually overcome a lot of obstacles in my life’ absolutely not.

Sad to see her face so frozen and those teeth which sort of look like they don’t fit.. I preferred old school natural cute fun grace who posted gym videos and what I eat in a day.. simpler times!

Sorry final point - why’s she obsessed with saying nuance? Does she listen to the high low podcast or something because those two manage to slip that in to every bloody sentence 😂

• Haha

Lalisa_mb

TALA still don't have student discount given most of greasy's fanbase are teenage girls and women in their early twenties but has a refer a friend scheme for 10% of????? make it make sense
how can you be sooo greedy fffsss

Deeznutslol

VIP Member
04E8B2B0-ACF8-4F68-A9C4-EF6DF1AE32A3.jpeg
Wow ok I do not condone taking the mick out of someones body but someone really just sent me this and said ‘ceo of angles’😭😭 bye

• Wow
  • Haha

fwooper

VIP Member
I just want to spend some time on the TALA article posted today because I can’t get over the audacity of them preaching like this when they don't even meet the sustainability standards they've proposed.

Notice how they say that third party accreditations and reports are a good way to distinguish sustainable brands - of course they’d say this, because their only claim to sustainability so far has been flashing various ecolabels on their website which they didn't even understand the meaning of themselves. This kind of statement about the value of accreditations is not only inaccurate (accreditations are not a perfect signal of sustainability like they are implying; there’s plenty of critique of their shortfalls) but they're also gatekeeping what sustainability is. Small-scale sustainable brands that maybe have a few employees and an extremely short supply chain probably won't have any of these accreditations - but in my experience these brands are the most transparent about where they source their materials and their working conditions. And in any case, where on earth are these ‘reports’ TALA is talking about? They have zero publicly available sustainability reports, living wage reports, etc.

Then the worst section for me: “The first thing you should look for is quantifiable evidence.” Hilariously, TALA offers the following as their “quantifiable evidence”: the fact they share what % of their fabrics are recycled, and the fact they have accreditations. Sharing their recycled % isn’t evidence - it's a claim which has not been backed up with evidence. I couldn’t give two shits about 100% recycled clothing if it is ultimately sourced from poor working conditions or is from one of those factories that don’t use post-consumer plastic (i.e. they use new plastic produced for the sole reason of supplying the recycled clothing market). TALA has not provided any information whatsoever on where their materials are sourced - we have only seen factories where the materials are stitched - so where’s the ‘quantitative evidence’ here? And again, pictures of their accreditations are not quantitative evidence - share the reports instead.

And the paragraph on transparency…lol. TALA has no transparent information on their factories or workers. Their website doesn’t even tell you how many factories they use (just vague statements about the countries the factories are in). Saying a third-party audits your factories is not transparent - where’s the audit report then? At least have your staff go to the factories themselves to validate the third-party report. In other words, do the most basic things that you should be doing if you are claiming to not be a greenwasher.

• Heart

MIClovergirl

VIP Member
came here to post the exact same thing! this seems like a time to rest and recover, not push yourself through many meetings. what a hypocrite!
But she’s now posting how privacy is key... consistency is key hun x

One minute she’s asking for validation and posting pictures of her in a hospital bed and then she’s like privacy is a flex guys

Reactions: 31

BigDee

Yes... because holding (influential) people accountable is the same as telling her “I don’t like your content” or “I don’t like your furniture”... she really can’t tell the difference between legitimate criticism and hate

• Heart

fwooper

VIP Member
Haha. So she basically admits she only reads the first chapter and maybe some random sections of the non-fiction books she has been sharing on her story? Turns out she isn't a speed reader after all, she just doesn't read most of the bloody book. No wonder she can start a new book every other day if she only reads the intro and conclusion. This girl man.

• Haha

FDR97

Chatty Member
Kind of off topic but has anyone here actually applied for Oxford? I got 2 A’s and A* in my A Levels and applied for Oxford for Archaeology and Anthropology. My parents think they saw ‘Lives/From Liverpool’ and threw my application away 🤣 back in 2015

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Haha

judgejohndeed

VIP Member
Exactly, what’s the point in making ‘sustainable’ products if they break after one or two uses so you have to buy more! The most sustainable thing is still to not buy so much. So counterproductive. And why are we meant to applaud Grace for doing slightly more than the worst? Like wow, the bar is so low. She sells these products for a lot of money, even if you took the sustainability element out of it entirely the cost value ratio doesn’t balance. My £15 H&M leggings from like 10 years ago are still going strong.

• Heart