Grace Beverley #11 I’m a bestseller-to-be, don’t worry - always keep my roommates on cctv

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why does grace act like everything tala releases is groundbreaking and revolutionary? It's always 'omg these are the softest EVER' 'THE most supportive' 'the BEST fit your mind will be blown!!'

I get that of course she's gonna hype up her own products but it just comes across as a bit desperate and disingenuous. If a brand is good you shouldn't need to make these massive claims every time you release something, because people will already trust that it'll be high quality. Hype marketing once again!
The podcast version of this was released a few months ago. From what I remember it's her usual bullshit/lies - claims she was nearly suspended from Oxford but tells the story a bit differently to how she used to (she used to claim she was actually suspended). Pretends she was in financial peril at uni because she didn't process her student finance properly. Yawn.

Reactions: 13

I haven’t watched it but this looks insufferable already.
Can someone please take one for the team and watch it and tell us if theres anything interesting? I tried to listen to it but her voice was just droning on and on so I put it in 2x and my man kicked me out the living room, he said it was auditorial torture for him. I can’t put myself through it

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Has anyone seen the job she posted on her story/LinkedIn for a managing director for Tala and the salary still states “competitive” 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Has anyone seen the job she posted on her story/LinkedIn for a managing director for Tala and the salary still states “competitive” 🙄
companies that don't post salaries are the literal worst. if it was actually a good salary, they would list it because that would encourage more qualified people to apply. doesn't really fall in line with the whole "ethical/transparent" nonsense they are constantly touting. if you're not posting the salary its because you have something to hide. but we all know that is nothing new with this company.

Reactions: 35
companies that don't post salaries are the literal worst. if it was actually a good salary, they would list it because that would encourage more qualified people to apply. doesn't really fall in line with the whole "ethical/transparent" nonsense they are constantly touting. if you're not posting the salary its because you have something to hide. but we all know that is nothing new with this company.
even if they gave a range and/or stated dependant on experience! Seeing competitive even for me at executive level in my career turns me off the employer right away can’t imagine someone at MD level would be jumping to apply for a “competitive” salary. Competitive doesn’t pay the bills

Reactions: 17
Why are they all bitty? Theres white fluff everywhere it just looks bad. Also the trousers literally aren’t flares? Flared trousers are tight and then wide at the bottom, the ones shes trying to flog are literally baggy? Wtf
F7F5140D-B366-43D9-87C6-B5D579EDE30C.jpeg

Reactions: 8
I really wanted to see what she said in the Patricia interview so I could write a well thought out comment on the video but I just couldn't be bothered quite frankly.

Also her entire dinner was #adgifted 🙄 How do these people take themselves seriously when they'll literally promote anything they get given for free?

Reactions: 18
Why does she talk as tho the only thing everyone cares about is how flattering something is on the bum.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
I also thought it was hilarious how on her stories she says "all you tall people want to know how it fits for you so I've got my tall housemate to try them on" and then proceeds to not show the length of the trousers...clearly trying to hide something

Reactions: 17
even if they gave a range and/or stated dependant on experience! Seeing competitive even for me at executive level in my career turns me off the employer right away can’t imagine someone at MD level would be jumping to apply for a “competitive” salary. Competitive doesn’t pay the bills
Literally the reason business owners don’t want to put wages on job ads is to keep them as low as possible, even the giRL BoSs GReZs of the world.

Pay can either plucked arbitrarily out of a hat at interview, or worse still, the new employee is asked to name their price, which is then negotiated. There’s plenty of evidence out there that shows that people who are BAME or pretty much any minority basically, as well as younger people, people from a lower socio-economic background, and women, tend to put a lower value on their salary expectations.

Privileged people, who don’t rely on their pay packet to make ends meet, are more likely to take a chance on a “competitive” salary than someone who needs a certain amount of money to pay for their everyday needs, especially people (usually women) who have caring responsibilities. They’re not going to spend time and effort on applying and interviewing for something that they can’t be sure will be enough to live on (particularly true for more entry-level jobs). This means you’re more likely to attract privileged candidates in the first place; not exactly helpful for increasing diversity and building the best team possible.

If they’re not even advertising a range, it also suggests to me that they haven’t got a proper pay and progression structure in place, meaning they have poor processes for developing staff and supporting them to progress in their career.

It all creates a culture where you don’t talk about what you’re earning, especially if your workforce is not unionised, meaning there’s no benchmark to judge if you’re being paid fairly and no one wants to talk about it or can look at other jobs ads with the company to understand where they fit. Everyone is kept in the dark. Not advertising salaries directly contributes to increasing the size of gender and ethnicity pay gaps and increased inequality, which is exacerbated if there’s a culture of pay never being talked about amongst colleagues. There’s more about this here - https://showthesalary.com/. It’s fucked.

• Heart
Reactions: 52
And for anyone British it is fairly obvious from her accent she has been to a very posh school etc anyway, I remember that HELLO article, it almost seemed to imply her mum had been struggling on some minimum wage job rather than the art dealer (I think?) she is
Yes her mum is/was an Art Curator at the Victoria and Albert Museum! Yeah definitely a not minimum wage job as she implies!

She does have a thread 😊

Thanks for the share! I can’t believe I used to like her, she’s soooo annoying and up herself!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
I also thought it was hilarious how on her stories she says "all you tall people want to know how it fits for you so I've got my tall housemate to try them on" and then proceeds to not show the length of the trousers...clearly trying to hide something
"Tall"? How tall?
Then she has her dog and a text box in the way so you can't even see the bottom of the trousers.

But from what you can see look a little short on that girl?..

Attachments

Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.