Grace Beverley #11 I’m a bestseller-to-be, don’t worry - always keep my roommates on cctv

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She said she experienced imposter syndrome when she was congratulated on her success and position as CEO and founder. Yes, I get your point, G, but let me raise you this point: You felt unqualified and unknowledgeable for the role you took on in the company because you are unqualified and unknowledgeable for the role you took on and maintained, and you are still unqualified and maybe less unknowledgeable through your few years of being apart of the meetings and catching on to a few terms but still not knowledgeable enough to cut it.
You qualified with a degree in Music rather than something in line with business, ethics, law, sustainability, logistics etc.
Hmmm yes, I agree this doesn't mean you can't learn on the job.
But
It seems like you are not being mentored by anyone and if you are, that person is not doing a great job because it comes across as you were told to sit back, relax and enjoy the outsourcing.
You read books about getting motivated to get richer written by the rich or books that are philanthropic rather than picking up a management accounting or logistics textbook, looking up articles on China's and Dubai's legislation on factory and construction working conditions or pay, or scientific journals on the environment and fast fashion effects or highlighting the science behind fitness.

She was pushed into writing a book about fluff rather than her honest journey. She says it herself on her latest instagram post that she struggles to balance hustle culture with "keep calm and carry on", going from one end of the spectrum to the other side of it. Does this mean her book is in fact a diary? Did she go from her youtube channel, digital dairy, to a paper version?

Honestly if I had her money, I'd pay someone full time to mentor me for business, sustainability and ethics. Someone passionate about all three. I'd also get someone to tutor me full time in order to attain an accounting degree. I'd also travel to the countries where I have factories, work with the staff, talk with them and see the reality of how they are living to confirm I'm paying the supply chain enough and the supply chain is well regulated that the money I'm paying is getting to the correct account at the end of the day.

Soooooo much she could be open to listening to, taking the advice of followers, and being pushed in the direction where she can make an actual change in the way people shop. But no, as much as she keeps saying she works hard and keeps going, it's like she gave up on the dream to make a big impact on the planet's woes, and settled to just get richer. Which I guess is a comfort zone if that's all she knows and grew up around. So does she really go the extra mile to be different?

• Heart
Reactions: 61
I wonder if the reason she has imposter syndrome is because she is actually an imposter playing a businesswoman

• Wow
Reactions: 36
Yeah, I think the weird "if you gave £100 to everyone not all of them would be successful" quip was something that someone said in their group conversation and she couldn't wait to tweet it. Probably thought it was a mic drop moment. But they're all too caught up in their bubble of privilege that they didn't realise that the £100 example actually supports what they are trying to argue against. The main reason why giving £100 to everyone wouldn't result in everyone being successful is because most people would have to put it towards living costs - it's only the privileged ones who can afford to be creative with that money.

Is someone who "invests" that £100 business savvy, or are they just financially secure and can therefore take risks? I think more often than not it's the latter. duck these people who imply that people who have to put all of their income towards making ends meet just don't have some kind of business 'spark'.
Yes! It also implies that how "successful" you are or how "hard you work" is determined by how much you'd be able to flip £100 into something larger, which is the point people are trying to make that hard work ≠ wealth but Meggy missed the point clearly. I think this book release is quite badly timed in the current climate which is why it's leaving such a sour taste in everyone's mouths on twitter at the moment, I don't think underpaid key workers/NHS staff/thousands who've lost their jobs need tips on how to "work smarter not harder xoxoxo" from a privileged influencer during the middle of a pandemic.

Reactions: 37
It has 45k likes now 💀 do you think she will address it?
She didn't address Dubai and that got pretty big to the point where it was affecting all her business socials, so I think her play these days is to just ignore the criticism until it goes away.

Then again, people pointing out her privilege really grinds her gears so you never know.

• Haha
Reactions: 35
She didn't address Dubai and that got pretty big to the point where it was affecting all her business socials, so I think her play these days is to just ignore the criticism until it goes away.

Then again, people pointing out her privilege really grinds her gears so you never know.
She’ll fill her insta with happy carefree stories of the dog and housemates until it gets too much for her, then take a social media break for a few days, then back to business as usual 🤠

Reactions: 17
If that is her housemate then that's a really embarrassing tory take to have on inequality.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Remember how someone said on here (not long ago) how the housemates have no posts with Grace included and they seem not to be real friends? Well check all their latest ig posts 🙄

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
The author deleted the tweets about Genflow and coming after the roommate....interesting 🙄 I wonder if she was threatened

Reactions: 5
The author deleted the tweets about Genflow and coming after the roommate....interesting 🙄 I wonder if she was threatened
Tbh its probably more that it’s going viral, and even tho the original tweet is a meme taking the piss out of grace, its also something she also cares about and whilst the flat mates comment was cringe and funny, she probably doesn’t wanna be seen as if shes coming after some random non influencer person, and get accused of trolling or being mean. Thats my guess

Reactions: 9
there are some tweets still up about genflow - someone quote tweeted about it

also jsut saw this article - unrelated but patricia bright is listed as one of their influencers too! :eek: https://www.growthbusiness.co.uk/ge...10-15-influencer-start-ups-this-year-2557841/

"All of Genflow’s clients have organically built a sizeable following due to their passion, creativity and authenticity on their respective platforms. What Genflow does is help monetise their followings and convert them into paying customers, which is where the long-term business creation comes into play"

Reactions: 4

Bruh its going international😭 its reached spanish rightwing twitter
Plz tell me I’m not the only one who has spent their whole evening watching this tweet spread round lmao, me and my man have been periodically checking the likes literally every 15 mins

• Haha
Reactions: 27

Bruh its going international😭 its reached spanish rightwing twitter
Plz tell me I’m not the only one who has spent their whole evening watching this tweet spread round lmao, me and my man have been periodically checking the likes literally every 15 mins
SAME LOOL

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 29
Megan deleted her tweets... I wonder if Grace found out about it and told her off??? At least there are screenshots all over Twitter and here 😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
The replies to the thread defending Grace are making me want to laugh and cry simultaneously. She was born in to the same level of privilege as the Made In Chelsea lot, pretty much all of whom have their own business/brand. It’s not about the wealth they were born in to though, I wonder why no one ever asks them for tips on how to start up a business??? A mystery 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.