Grace Beverley #10 essential bizniz trips, bras that throw out ur nips, #GirlBoss tips

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Wow I am amazed how much she cared about this - I can’t remember for the life of me my exact score !!

Reactions: 10
And she was always very keen to tell everyone that a 2:1 at Oxford is like a 1st anywhere else. Which maybe it is I don’t know but you’re at Oxford so
That had me raaaaaging lol, the way she casually just put down everyone else’s firsts to make herself feel better, and implicitly downgraded other people’s 2:1s to 2:2s. It’s pathetic. Grez, surely the “Oxford hardness” points you’re talking about would be more than outweighed by the top-range education you had? All the tutoring you paid for?

The reality of it is that even after all the primping and prep her fancy private schools gave her, the connections to Salisbury Cathedral her parents gave her, even after the major stress reduction because of her extreme financial stability compared to other students, she couldn’t pull a grade higher than 67 out of her arse - which at this stage I don’t even think she got. If she had any revolutionary ideas, they would have surfaced by now, because she’s fortunate enough that Gleam etc. will sell her tit on a plate. But when given the opportunity, all she can do with her gRoUnDbReAkInG book is regurgitate crap she’s read from books she found by searching “business success for women” on Google and sprinkle it with commas.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 33
Remember when she did those assumptions stories on Instagram recently, didn't she claim she was "one or two marks" off a first? I'm sure that happened. Interesting how she always skirts around what her overall average was. I think you're right that she probably got around 67% - that's certainly not one or two marks off a first.

And I don't know what GPA conversion she used, but I'm pretty sure she dug around to found a conversion chart that made her grade seem higher. Because the first conversion charts I found with a quick google say that anything between 65-69% = 3.7 GPA, or sometimes lower. And she didn't get a first, so I don't know where she found a conversion that said her GPA would be 3.8. Granted this isn't an exact science and conversion charts vary, but from what I can see there's very few (if any) conversion charts that say a high 2:1 is a 3.8.
Yeah I was trying to figure out my own grade conversions and I finished with 68 and Idk might be lowballing myself a bit here but I personally thought it was around 3.6 MAYBE 3.7. 3.8 just sounds too damn high for it.

Reactions: 6
I can’t explain why but her telling me to tip my postmen and binmen has really fucked me off. I’m very appreciative of their work this year and will be leaving out gifts for them but something about her sanctimoniously telling me what to do with my money in her 1.2 million London home has rubbed me up the wrong way lol

• Heart
Reactions: 68
All this talk about Oxford letting people with a 68 upgrade to a first is making me mad all over again that my uni didn't upgrade my 59.4 to a 2:1 🤣🤣

Reactions: 18
I can’t explain why but her telling me to tip my postmen and binmen has really fucked me off. I’m very appreciative of their work this year and will be leaving out gifts for them but something about her sanctimoniously telling me what to do with my money in her 1.2 million London home has rubbed me up the wrong way lol
This cheesed me off a bit too, I work for the local authority which I won't lie, is a thankless job but I've work all the way through so wheres my tip 😂. The bin men were coming at 4am at the start of covid so they are well off my Christmas card list!

Reactions: 13
I feel the exact same!

I think it's because she's sat in her million pound house where she hasn't had to worry about self isolation and making ends meet on statutory sick pay, or had to isolate away from their families to keep them safe.

She picks and chooses when she suddenly "cares" about the pandemic and that's what runs people up the wrong way!

Reactions: 36
Its a bit patronising tbh. She clearly thinks that binmen are poorly paid and require her small change, but they actually earn a decent amount. In some areas you can earn like 40k doing it

Reactions: 30
as an American I am starting understand UK marks better 😂 but I will just say anything above a 3.5 is considered a very good GPA and anything about a 3.75 is very very impressive (especially in a hard major) so most of you have very impressive grades!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I feel the exact same!

I think it's because she's sat in her million pound house where she hasn't had to worry about self isolation and making ends meet on statutory sick pay, or had to isolate away from their families to keep them safe.

She picks and chooses when she suddenly "cares" about the pandemic and that's what runs people up the wrong way!
Exactly. The only time she has expressed two flying shits about this pandemic has been when she has been actively forced to stay home - the first lockdown starting in March and now this Tier 4 in London. In other words, she has only posted about it when she has felt affected by it. She couldn't wait to launch herself back into going out and travelling.

She must have got whiplash from how quickly she switched from saying "pls start social distancing kids, selfish is not cool x" to "how would you guys feel about travelling during the pandemic? 🤪 ". And yes, in case anyone forgot, she really did try to gauge the criticism she would get before going on her holiday to France on Twitter. And still went even when everyone expressed how uncomfortable they felt about it.

Reactions: 29
as an American I am starting understand UK marks better 😂 but I will just say anything above a 3.5 is considered a very good GPA and anything about a 3.75 is very very impressive (especially in a hard major) so most of you have very impressive grades!
Imagine hearing a 70 is distinction as someone who did undergrad in the US :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
Lol the BEEN x TALA bag is still available, so much for it being “limited” and “selling out fast”

• Haha
Reactions: 22
All this talk about Oxford letting people with a 68 upgrade to a first is making me mad all over again that my uni didn't upgrade my 59.4 to a 2:1 🤣🤣
It annoyed me too, it's the smug face for me. Very patronising considering how many times she's shown to completely not give a flying duck about the pandemic.

Screenshot 2020-12-22 at 14.43.00.png

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 35
Exactly, don’t tell people what to do with their money especially when so many people have lost their jobs. I’m sure people will tip where they can and don’t need grace telling them to. She seems to be trying to do a lot of damage control post Dubai

Reactions: 30
It annoyed me too, it's the smug face for me. Very patronising considering how many times she's shown to completely not give a flying duck about the pandemic.

View attachment 356439
Oh honey grez there are only essential workers bc ppl like you have perpetuated a pandemic in which there needs to be people categorized as essential workers who keep their lives on the line for you and the rest of us. But boo hoo if you can't go on your "well earned" holiday that you possibly could not cancel right 😩😩😩🥺🥺🥺

Reactions: 29

View attachment 356439
She looks quite rough these days tbh. She looked so much prettier and healthier before she had this overnight personality change with the businesses. Also look at the colour of her face compared to her body 😂😂😂

Reactions: 25
Pulling this back up and watched it again to hear her numbers. Ok so she literally says "It was a high 2:1, close to a first because I didn't deserve a first and I didn't need a first, lots of 69s (annoying winks)." And she's explaining how if you get 68 average and 2 marks over 70, you get a first. But then she says when she converts her grade to the American GPA, it's a 3.8 and I feel like that's quite high bc I've seen conversions that equate 70 to 3.8 but I know conversions are all over the place. Ok whatever this is all a load of riff raff. I just realised watching this again, she's really swerving around to say her actual number mark and throwing in different tit to make sure her audience just knows she got a really high score.

Watched the results video again and my bad she doesn't say she got 69 but says she got "lots of 69s" without indicating that those are firsts based on what you said. According to her she's really close to a first so maybe it was 67 / 67.5.
It is so frustrating. I'm someone who did get my final grade bumped up. I have an undergrad masters in maths from a Russel group uni. I was one mark off a first (by which I mean 1 extra mark, in any 1 of my final exams would have given me 70% overall after weighting 3 years of my exams, not that my average was 69%). I was surprised and happy that they did bump it for me, especially as I had extenuating circumstances for a previous years exams.

That kind of situation is the only way I imagine unis rounding up grades. Being very close, and having extenuating circumstances (illness, greiving etc.) for a couple of exams.
No one should expect that to happen.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
It is so frustrating. I'm someone who did get my final grade bumped up. I have an undergrad masters in maths from a Russel group uni. I was one mark off a first (by which I mean 1 extra mark, in any 1 of my final exams would have given me 70% overall after weighting 3 years of my exams, not that my average was 69%). I was surprised and happy that they did bump it for me, especially as I had extenuating circumstances for a previous years exams.

That kind of situation is the only way I imagine unis rounding up grades. Being very close, and having extenuating circumstances (illness, greiving etc.) for a couple of exams.
No one should expect that to happen.
undergrad maths masters is seriously impressive !! And to score that high even with the extenuating circumstances... wow !! Well done you !

Reactions: 7
Still on the tala subscription list because I can’t be bothered to unsubscribe and they’ve sent out an email saying that you can get a free ixora tee with orders over £75... this along with the 40% off sale and whatever other offers they’ve been doing lately just goes to show how badly the stock is shifting. They must be trying to get rid of old collections before the release their newest groundbreaking, game-changing, most perfect, unbelievable, bleeping phenomenal collection yet!!!

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.