GoFundMe Scammers

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I dont understand why people fundraise for children's funerals, undertakers dont charge for them because the Children's Funeral Fund has been set up. Gofundme for funerals feels like a huge scam. People shouldn't be asking complete strangers to pay for funerals

Reactions: 17
I dont understand why people fundraise for children's funerals, undertakers dont charge for them because the Children's Funeral Fund has been set up. Gofundme for funerals feels like a huge scam. People shouldn't be asking complete strangers to pay for funerals
It will be for all the extras beyond what the fund provides. I don’t know if it includes a wake afterwards for example. But I agree, it seems to be the default to set up a GFM within 24hrs of someone passing.

I would hate to ask in that way. I may ask a close family member for help if I was really struggling. But ultimately a funeral is the very last thing I would ever be able to provide for my child and I would want it to come from me.

Reactions: 12
I do understand why parents want to give their little ones a big send off beyond what the fund is able to provide. They are robbed of all the other moments in life. 💔 I would rather donate to a funeral than wage amounts of money to enable the parents to be at home or whatever.

Reactions: 7
It will be for all the extras beyond what the fund provides. I don’t know if it includes a wake afterwards for example. But I agree, it seems to be the default to set up a GFM within 24hrs of someone passing.

I would hate to ask in that way. I may ask a close family member for help if I was really struggling. But ultimately a funeral is the very last thing I would ever be able to provide for my child and I would want it to come from me.
When we had to arrange my nephews funeral the Childrens Funeral Fund covered a basic coffin (choice of 4 colours), crematorium or burial fees and the funeral directors services (collection of his body, hearse and preparing his body for the chapel of rest) were free of charge. Everything else had to be paid for including church fee, flowers, family car, wake, order of service, urn and if you wanted for example a wicker basket rather than a basic coffin. The burial costs are covered but not always the plot (which you may also want a plot big enough for parents in future which adds to the cost) or headstone. Obviously some of these things are optional but as it’s the very last thing parents can do I can see why people do resort to things like GFM to fund it as you don’t get a huge amount of time to pay and it’s not usually something you can plan for.
We didn’t use GFM as we were in a position as a family to support Mum to give him the send off she wanted, but not everyone will be able to do that. We also found a lot of places would offer their services for cost/heavily discounted as it was a baby’s funeral such as the florist, the venue for the wake and the printers for the order of service but it still adds up quickly so I wouldn’t judge anyone who did resort to using GFM.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Because they want their children to have the best send off
Everything that’s free is very basic

So I totally understand why they start a GFM
But not when it’s for crazy amounts

Reactions: 6
Because they want their children to have the best send off
Everything that’s free is very basic

So I totally understand why they start a GFM
But not when it’s for crazy amounts
But they want their children to have the best send off for themselves, not for the child, it’s a shame to say so but the child is dead, it neither knows nor cares about any send off.
Also, I find those over the top funerals to be most tacky and distasteful, a child’s memory deserves better.

• Angry
Reactions: 5
But they want their children to have the best send off for themselves, not for the child, it’s a shame to say so but the child is dead, it neither knows nor cares about any send off.
Also, I find those over the top funerals to be most tacky and distasteful, a child’s memory deserves better.
I sincerely hope you never have to experience the death of a child. Their funeral is the very last thing you can do. You’ll never send them to school, watch them succeed at a sport or hobby, learn to swim, have beach days, take them on holiday, throw them an OTT birthday party, watch them graduate, learn to drive, get married, have their own families etc. The loss of not only the child but their entire future is unimaginable. Their funeral is the last time you ever get to celebrate their existence with your loved ones and of course people want the very best for that child to show their love and their loss.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
It’s so sad about little Dilly. I totally get the reason people do gfm especially for childrens funerals as most times it’s a shock and very few people will have life insurance on their children. Obv the funeral is the last thing they can do for said child. However this family scream privilege and they’ve made no cut backs.
I do wonder what she’ll do when the poor boys gone when there’s no gfm to use. I’m not trying to be awful either and I’m a mum to 6. Losing a child must be the worst thing ever. I only hope and pray I never go through it. Mine are all over 16 now but it’s my biggest fear.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
It’s so sad about little Dilly. I totally get the reason people do gfm especially for childrens funerals as most times it’s a shock and very few people will have life insurance on their children. Obv the funeral is the last thing they can do for said child. However this family scream privilege and they’ve made no cut backs.
I do wonder what she’ll do when the poor boys gone when there’s no gfm to use. I’m not trying to be awful either and I’m a mum to 6. Losing a child must be the worst thing ever. I only hope and pray I never go through it. Mine are all over 16 now but it’s my biggest fear.
Yes this is the difference, they could fund so much of this themselves. And that's before we even get to the funeral :(

Glad to see Dilly has perked up a bit in hospital.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Just feels so wrong at this stage to still be asking people for money to fund their life style.

She has people like Michelle Keegan, Callum best, footballers, Wayne Lineker 🤢, Commenting on her posts, why don’t they fund it rather than the people that have helped fund over 600k for America. Get him off the iv mistletoe and make these weeks the best he will ever have 🩷

So sad for little Dilly 💔
Amy seems very determined, I mean in terms of research and exploring treatments she has left no stone unturned and it’s really tragic that nothing has worked for him. Money is obviously a massive factor in the way they live, and if you have the resources it must be hard to accept that money isn’t going to help.
I hope the maintenance chemo they’re giving him buys him some quality of life and some time to do some fun things with his family because he really does deserve that, he’s been through so much 🥲

• Sad
Has she put up anything about GFM for a funeral?
I hope she doesn’t go there. I appreciate wanting the very best for the last moments with your child but I have always been very uneasy about her GFM while still maintaining a very privileged life. If they’d scaled back to a 3 bed semi in south London then yes. But they didn’t.

My heart is always with little Dilly x

Reactions: 11
Dilly’s story is just heartbreaking and I feel like Amy trying every last thing to save her child shouldn’t be judged. I suppose non of us know what we would do if we were in that position. I do worry though as someone said previously, if the natural treatments have caused the faster progression of anything. The thing with go fund me is no one is forcing anyone to donate. She’s not hidden their home and how they live, and I do feel the American trip was fully funded by go fund me. To be honest the Ashley Cane carry on lead me to this thread, I’ve never personally donated to any of these GFM’s and I know if I was in the position myself and my husband would give everything before we resorted to asking others for money. But if people are willing to donate it’s easy to see why so many do it.
On a lighter note, it’s so lovely to see Renai’s mum have her baby. I hope in some way it can allow her to live and feel some happiness. Xxx

Reactions: 9
Dilly’s story is just heartbreaking and I feel like Amy trying every last thing to save her child shouldn’t be judged. I suppose non of us know what we would do if we were in that position. I do worry though as someone said previously, if the natural treatments have caused the faster progression of anything. The thing with go fund me is no one is forcing anyone to donate. She’s not hidden their home and how they live, and I do feel the American trip was fully funded by go fund me. To be honest the Ashley Cane carry on lead me to this thread, I’ve never personally donated to any of these GFM’s and I know if I was in the position myself and my husband would give everything before we resorted to asking others for money. But if people are willing to donate it’s easy to see why so many do it.
On a lighter note, it’s so lovely to see Renai’s mum have her baby. I hope in some way it can allow her to live and feel some happiness. Xxx
I agree that I would never judge on a desperate family trying to save their baby. I also completely understand they used the GFM for genuine treatment. What I dislike is that they continue to live a very lavish lifestyle while begging for money and have done for 4 years! If other people are putting their hands in their pockets (and some have way less than their family does!) then she should be scrimping and saving for her boy. If you didn’t follow her all the time, you wouldn’t realise how much they spend on stuff like rent so I don’t think they’re being fully transparent. It makes me worried that very low income people are giving more than they can afford to help sweet Dillan whereas Amy is living a lavish lifestyle and not making that clear. That said, obviously I don’t judge her for what she is currently going through and I have no doubt they adore that sweet baby.

Reactions: 17