Glow Up - BBC Three

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I feel like the face off doesn't fit because most of the other challenges are like works of art, almost like really sophisticated face painting, but then they have to do a really bog standard make up style like the smoky eye challenge. So someone that can paint a truly wonderful sunset ombre on someone, might not be able to get a perfect smoky eye.

Reactions: 11
I feel like the face off doesn't fit because most of the other challenges are like works of art, almost like really sophisticated face painting, but then they have to do a really bog standard make up style like the smoky eye challenge. So someone that can paint a truly wonderful sunset ombre on someone, might not be able to get a perfect smoky eye.
And it favours the ones who have a background working on a beauty counter, who aren't necessarily the strongest overall. Like Nikki a few seasons ago, and I think Samah this time around.

Reactions: 7
Yes that’s it, it doesn’t fit with the rest of the show. I think you could remove it entirely and base who goes entirely on the second challenge. Otherwise we get a result such as Alex really messing up the professional brief still going through. Totally agree that working on a beauty counter is a huge bonus for the face off even though Glow Up in general seems to be about doing anything but ‘normal’ looks. Instead it’s stage make up, using a face as canvas or using prosthetics, that’s part of what’s fascinating to watch.

The lack of experience of some really surprises me. I think it is Ryley who’d never put make up on anyone else but herself at the start of the competition. I think she’s great but you know how the show works so wouldn’t you at least get as much practice in on friends and family beforehand.

Reactions: 9
Yes that’s it, it doesn’t fit with the rest of the show. I think you could remove it entirely and base who goes entirely on the second challenge. Otherwise we get a result such as Alex really messing up the professional brief still going through. Totally agree that working on a beauty counter is a huge bonus for the face off even though Glow Up in general seems to be about doing anything but ‘normal’ looks. Instead it’s stage make up, using a face as canvas or using prosthetics, that’s part of what’s fascinating to watch.

The lack of experience of some really surprises me. I think it is Ryley who’d never put make up on anyone else but herself at the start of the competition. I think she’s great but you know how the show works so wouldn’t you at least get as much practice in on friends and family beforehand.
I agree they should decide who goes based on the second challenge imo

Reactions: 4
Like in season one when belinda did the incredible moon painting and still got sent home 🥲

• Sad
Reactions: 6
I loved Eve from season 2 and felt she was another one who really grew up from her beauty salon roots!

Reactions: 8
I also loved Eve, you could see she was such a naturally friendly girl. But Ophelia was a very worthy winner in my opinion.
Side note ..I didn't really know of Maya before the show but that girl is bloody stunning!!

Reactions: 5
I also loved Eve, you could see she was such a naturally friendly girl. But Ophelia was a very worthy winner in my opinion.
Side note ..I didn't really know of Maya before the show but that girl is bloody stunning!!
Her style is awful though

A lot of the looks that they ask the people to create end up being face paint. Which I get is part of makeup but it takes up so much of the show. I liked series one when they had to create looks based on the clothes and brief they were given or they were given an era and worked with that. They could do one based on a favourite celebrity style and then you should be inspired and transform that into your own. Something different than face paint and SFX :/

No I didn’t birth Elliott. My eldest is still there :) it’s so nail biting watching them!
Just love Elliott like my own.
Ah so two of the contestants already know each other?

I prefer Stacey

I know controversial 😲
you’re not alone there, I love glow up but I can’t stand Maya, I feel she is so conceited and whenever she talks to the contestants it comes across as fake with bitchy undertones to everything she says, this week when they were talking about period makeup she kept screwing her face up and it drove me up the wall 😂 might just be me though 👀

you’re not alone there, I love glow up but I can’t stand Maya, I feel she is so conceited and whenever she talks to the contestants it comes across as fake with bitchy undertones to everything she says, this week when they were talking about period makeup she kept screwing her face up and it drove me up the wall 😂 might just be me though 👀
“One” *dances* “hour” *dances some more* “gone” *spins* like stop 🤣

• Haha
Eve is lovely she followed me on Instagram and replied to stories when I have asked her questions some of the contestants this year I find are very messy. I thought Ophelia was really good and also Ellis was fab too some of the others I question how they got there also just because you can do your own makeup doesn’t always mean your are good at other peoples so the selection process must be quite interesting.

Last edited:
This show makes me laugh sometimes. I enjoy it but you can sometimes get two looks that are pretty similar really in terms of skill and one is universally adored and the other they hate. I also agree with other posters in that it's not quite got the formula right but I can't put my finger on why. I still can't stand Val, it kind of drags a bit by the end, May Jama is mundane and seems to be wearing the most shocking outfits.

The usual reality show JOURNEYS get me but I suppose they are everywhere these days. I'd love to see someone be able to say 'well I love make up and want to be an MUA and think this would be a great way to get into the industry', instead of all the stuff about their back stories and rollercoaster journey.

Reactions: 10
It's like she isn't good with small talk and doesn't know what to say

Reactions: 2
I couldn't help but laugh when the monotone judge complained that they weren't high energy enough.

I hated this episode, it's not about make up. Like 3/4 of what makes someone being successful on social media is them being attractive and entertaining, only about 1/4 is actually the quality of what they do.

Reactions: 5
ALEX’S POP-ART LIP WAS BETTER THAN SAMAH’S!!!

Last edited:
  • Heart