Glow Up - BBC Three

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Aw is Elliott your son?? I remember you saying your child was in it!! He seems so lovely 😊 shame he had to go so soon.

I agree r.e the make up just being face paint a lot of the time. Seems like the final brief thing always ends up being that and it just becomes so samey.

I like Sophie a lot - I like that she helped Alex out.
No I didn’t birth Elliott. My eldest is still there :) it’s so nail biting watching them!
Just love Elliott like my own.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
No I didn’t birth Elliott. My eldest is still there :) it’s so nail biting watching them!
Just love Elliott like my own.
Oh ok!! Wow that’s great you know not one but two contestants!! Good luck to your eldest 😊

Reactions: 1
I always find it interesting when they get an idea stuck in their heads and then go for it. Whether it’s ALL THE POWDER or delib making Princess Margaret’s post holiday skin drier than the Sahara. I guess it helps their nerves to have something to feel confident in. Every time Jack and Alex referenced their plans during the first challenge I cringed for them, then cut to the judges rolling their eyes at each other.

I really like this years bunch, some really interesting stories and also genuine seeming people. People like Jake last season with his huge nails seemed to be expected to cause drama and it’s not necessary in this kind of show.

It does feel a bit like the ones with the story that week are safe though. Alex couldn’t go last week because she was creating a piece based on her own experience of sexual violence. Jack wasn’t going last night because he’s been a carer during the pandemic and created a piece based on an artist he look after. It’s not the MUAs fault for want of a better word, the editing is a bit clumsy and obvious in places.

Apparently I had more thoughts on this than I er thought!

Reactions: 5
I always find it interesting when they get an idea stuck in their heads and then go for it. Whether it’s ALL THE POWDER or delib making Princess Margaret’s post holiday skin drier than the Sahara. I guess it helps their nerves to have something to feel confident in. Every time Jack and Alex referenced their plans during the first challenge I cringed for them, then cut to the judges rolling their eyes at each other.

I really like this years bunch, some really interesting stories and also genuine seeming people. People like Jake last season with his huge nails seemed to be expected to cause drama and it’s not necessary in this kind of show.

It does feel a bit like the ones with the story that week are safe though. Alex couldn’t go last week because she was creating a piece based on her own experience of sexual violence. Jack wasn’t going last night because he’s been a carer during the pandemic and created a piece based on an artist he look after. It’s not the MUAs fault for want of a better word, the editing is a bit clumsy and obvious in places.

Apparently I had more thoughts on this than I er thought!
Alex live tweets during each episode and their tweets are very entertaining 🤣🤣

E068E174-6EF7-46A6-94B3-8B8EE5037EF8.jpeg
9F86EBAF-A195-4716-948D-215AA92F6CFE.jpeg
96465BA6-B2C4-42ED-A2F6-0360D0AA6810.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 4
The Crown challenge could have been so much more, but it really fell on its feet. I love watching the Crown but I just can’t get past the visible wig lines and terrible fake hair on some of the wigs (Matt Smith especially) Next time I watch, I’ll pay more attention to the makeup too.

Reactions: 2
Anyone found out how they filmed this during a pandemic? I get if the cast and crew formed a bubble like they did for Bake Off but they're literally working with different models and guest judges all the time. How does that work? There appears to be zero social distancing, mask wearing etc. It's as if Covid was just a bad dream.

I don’t think there’s a bit at the end of the show about how they filmed it either? There was for Sewing Bee and Masterchef I think.

I was hoping they would have changed the way they send people off, it often feels like the wrong person goes.

I know what you mean. It somehow doesn’t feel like it quite fits with the rest of the show but I can’t work out why.

It seems unfair that 5 mins of a very specific skill set (which they often disagree anyway) means one person can stay. How Alex could stay after that awful make up for the crown I’m not sure.

Reactions: 3