Glow Up - BBC Three

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm not really enjoying this series as much. Its all just a bit boring and samey as people have been saying.

I dont know if its just me noticing a bit more this time around but I am a bit fed up of all the personal stories and issues. The one this week about asthma was a bit much. I think everyone has daily struggles and issues but spending 5-10 min trying to justify why you should be in a competition just seems a bit redundant and they would be better off using that time to show the challenges and make up etc. Reminds me a bit of Xfactor or BGT with the sob stories.

I usually love Glow Up but this series I am just meh about it. I think with restrictions relaxing its probably going to drop off my TV/watching radar when compared to the last two series I was literally counting down to the new episodes.

Reactions: 12
I think it really needs a shake up. It's samey and feels like it goes on for about 2 hours. It could be amazing.

Reactions: 8
Am I the only one that wasn't that impressed with Riley's makeup?
I love Ryley’s Out Of This World piece last night!

Not sure my eldest was impressed when I fan girled over it.

I’m curious about this too! @TheRealGretchen 👀
Indeed Jack and Elliott are friends. Elliott’s interview post Glow Up exit.

Jack is my eldest child. I’m so proud of everything they’ve done and although the human interest side isn’t as popular as it once was on TV Jack has been through so much. We all have. I’ve raised my three alone and there have been far more tough times than I’d ever want broadcast.
Watching Jack is literally nail biting! I’ve watched most episodes with them which has been fun.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
that abby roberts who was judging the other day has the most boring voice i've ever heard. she seemed quite standoffish tbh. i also think it's really obvious on this show who the judges favourites are and it winds me up.

I'm not really enjoying this series as much. Its all just a bit boring and samey as people have been saying.

I dont know if its just me noticing a bit more this time around but I am a bit fed up of all the personal stories and issues. The one this week about asthma was a bit much. I think everyone has daily struggles and issues but spending 5-10 min trying to justify why you should be in a competition just seems a bit redundant and they would be better off using that time to show the challenges and make up etc. Reminds me a bit of Xfactor or BGT with the sob stories.

I usually love Glow Up but this series I am just meh about it. I think with restrictions relaxing its probably going to drop off my TV/watching radar when compared to the last two series I was literally counting down to the new episodes.
This has happened with so many shows! Completely ruins it when its overtaken by sob stories.

Reactions: 4
Sometimes I find this show a bit unfair. Bear with me on this and keep in mind it’s a bout the Beauty industry. In the first challenge the person who won had a model who was stunning. It didn’t take much to enhance her beautiful eyes. Also some of the other models had bad skin that needed a lot of covering up. I know we all suffer with blemishes but when you’re a close up model? Is that too brutal? Anyway there’s also the girl who is on the final year of film and theatre makeup degree of course her skills in creating an alien make up are going to be better! Just my thoughts and not asking anyone to agree. Also I love Jack. I’d be super proud of they were my child!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
@TheRealGretchen as you have insider knowledge please would you explain how they managed to film this during lockdown? Apart from the camera crew wearing masks this week you'd never know we were in the middle of a pandemic.

Reactions: 5
I notices that when Craig was on the ASOS shoot this week there was a shot where you could see the rest of the people working there were wearing masks but that was it. Plus other shows have had information flagged in the credits with a link to see how they made the show covid safe and Glow Up hasn’t. I’d be interested to know because it’s a job that means working so closely with people and different groups etc,

Reactions: 3
I notices that when Craig was on the ASOS shoot this week there was a shot where you could see the rest of the people working there were wearing masks but that was it. Plus other shows have had information flagged in the credits with a link to see how they made the show covid safe and Glow Up hasn’t. I’d be interested to know because it’s a job that means working so closely with people and different groups etc,
Yeah and even the judges and maya stand really close to the visiting judges and hug the contestants! I get the MUA are in a bubble together but I wouldn’t have thought that included judges/guests and Maya as well!

I was just trying to work out when it was filmed aswell but can’t find any info at all, as was like surely it was in covid but no one is distancing or wearing masks. I know you can take the tests/bubbles etc but they had different judges every week and models.

I always think the face off should be judged blind so they don’t know who did what as I always think they have their favourites.

Took me ages to catch up as I was two episodes behind.
the series just doesn’t flow as well as before, not sure if it’s the lack of personality of Maya, or the challenges seem to be so mundane?

I think Craig will win as he’s consistent but my favourites are Jack and Dolli. I don’t rate Riley much as I think she’s got a bit of an ego and she can’t seem to colour match skin which I think whilst it’s great you can do all this creative stuff, great skin is equally as important.

i think Sophie and Jack will smash the prosthetics next week.

@TheRealGretchen you must be so proud of Jack! I admit when I first saw them I was abit unsure but their personality is so warming and caring and I have warmed so much the more I watch. I hope they get their first win next week, it’s well deserved! They are very talented and have such a good eye.

• Heart
Took me ages to catch up as I was two episodes behind.
the series just doesn’t flow as well as before, not sure if it’s the lack of personality of Maya, or the challenges seem to be so mundane?

I think Craig will win as he’s consistent but my favourites are Jack and Dolli. I don’t rate Riley much as I think she’s got a bit of an ego and she can’t seem to colour match skin which I think whilst it’s great you can do all this creative stuff, great skin is equally as important.

i think Sophie and Jack will smash the prosthetics next week.

@TheRealGretchen you must be so proud of Jack! I admit when I first saw them I was abit unsure but their personality is so warming and caring and I have warmed so much the more I watch. I hope they get their first win next week, it’s well deserved! They are very talented and have such a good eye.
Yeah I agree it doesn’t seem as fun anymore? And a lot more woke, which I’m not against but it seems more forced

Reactions: 2
Maya is so awkward. Like she’s trying to be really warm like SD was but that’s not her personality 😬

Stacey wanted to focus on her documentaries as she has new series coming out

Wasn’t overly impressed with any of the looks in the deadly sins task tonight.

I think the right two MUA’s were in the face off.

Wasn’t overly impressed with any of the looks in the deadly sins task tonight.

I think the right two MUA’s were in the face off.
I loved Sophies look.

Yes the correct 2 were. Although I did think that the challenge was slightly biased towards one of them?

Reactions: 1
Yep considering what they were asking for in part was something one of them has consistently struggled with.

Reactions: 1