Glow Up - BBC Three

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes, prosthetics and sfx makeup have a place but not every sodding week.
I'd have liked to have seen more editorial work and tasks needing precision. Normally they bring Rankin out too.
It's just the same every week. How Chris keeps clinging on I don't know

Reactions: 9
Yes, prosthetics and sfx makeup have a place but not every sodding week.
I'd have liked to have seen more editorial work and tasks needing precision. Normally they bring Rankin out too.
It's just the same every week. How Chris keeps clinging on I don't know
Chris no idea how he's managed to stay in for so long actually like Nancy's work

It's been such an underwhelming series

Reactions: 5
Started watching this as I thought I’d learn some make up tips as I’m tit at it but I’ve learnt nothing useful at all

Reactions: 5
Seriously, Val describing putting powder under the eye to collect the fallout as a genius move…??? I learnt that when I was about 14, probably from just seventeen magazine 🙄. Also, why does Nancé have that really shiny patch on each cheek and matte everywhere else? Looks so weird under the lights.

Reactions: 6
Sorry to say I wasn't too bothered, seems as in most shows, it's deviated from the original concept.

Reactions: 2
Can you call yourself a make up artist if you have never put make up on anyone else apart from yourself?

She clearly did a grand job to get to the final and must not have had any issues, so maybe I M being super critical.

Reactions: 3
Agree with others the other contestant deserved it more must admit I've not loved this series not sure if I will bother with the next one, so fed up of face painting and prosthetics.

Reactions: 9
I think Lisa lost the face off because her eye lid was quite patchy. Yong Chin winning the face off was the right call in my opinion and I preferred her masterclass but the second round she lost it for me. Was pretty much the same old that we’ve seen from her. I think Kris’s dragon was just Spyro - gold and purple?!
The series is lacking in glamour and beauty makeup. Hoping Lisa Eldridge’s show about historical makeup comes back as it was far more engaging.
Effing fed up of SFX, leaves me cold.

Lisa did have a great prize creating a palette with By Terry!

Reactions: 7
I caught the last half an hour or so of this yesterday, I've never seen it before. I really enjoyed it and some of the SFX makeup was amazing! The title is slightly misleading though because the content wasn't quite what I thought it would be for 'Glow Up'. I was expecting a lot of glam makeup looks rather than special effects stuff.

I warmed to both of the final two quickly. They both came across as really lovely people. I was rooting for Lisa a bit more but felt that Yong Chin was the stronger of the two in the final look. Lisa's 'jouney' creation was absolutely stunning though.

I'm not entirely sure that mixing the two styles of makeup works in one programme. I feel like maybe they should be two different shows with maybe a 'challenge' week where the try something opposite to what they normally do. I'd probably watch another series if they make one.

agree that yong chin's face off look was better but i think in the prev round chris' look was better than hers and deserved to be in the face off vs lisa. imo lisa had a better run throughout the series but with the format i completely understand why YC won in the end!

Reactions: 4
Annoys me that the things they have to do in the face off challenge are never things they they actually do during the episode tasks