Glow Up - BBC Three

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Some thoughts on the new 1st episode of series 5.

Val’s glasses are OUT THERE. At one point I thought the frames were inflatable. I love them and hate them at the same time! Anyone know the brand? I’m surprised Val could see anything wearing them to be honest.
Don't click below unless you’ve seen the episode

.]

loved the ping pong ball baldcap look. My favourite of the week

the Bridgerton challenge was a bit meh in my opinion.

some of the foundation tones on Leonie and Teisha were a bit off, they came throughas having a green cast at momemts

Announcing to all and sundry “I need to go for a poo” might be cute from a three year old but not a grown adult.

Overall, not a bad start. I’m just gonna have to suck it up and accept the face painting as that ain’t going nowhere [/SPOILER

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Thought the first task was a bit boring tbh
How did val actually see out of those glasses the frames were so thick 🤣
Really liked Taishas look at the end
Not keen on the new presenter

Reactions: 5
Just starting episode 1 of season 5 and I feel this could be any series - the contestants are now all the same, as are the make up looks - snooooze. Also this new presenter is a bit wooden in her delivery. She makes me think of a presenter you’d have for season 1 before the show gets big and you change them for a bigger name.

Reactions: 10
Just starting episode 1 of season 5 and I feel this could be any series - the contestants are now all the same, as are the make up looks - snooooze. Also this new presenter is a bit wooden in her delivery. She makes me think of a presenter you’d have for season 1 before the show gets big and you change them for a bigger name.
Does not sound promising. Wish they would give Val the boot tbh

• Haha
Reactions: 4
My favourite ever MUA from the whole programme is Ophelia. She really is a true artist and so creative. Not a kiddie face painting in sight

Who is this new presenter she is so wooden at least Stacey and Maya seemed to be interested in the contestants, for me show feels more like face painting and gimmicks that already make up.

Reactions: 10
Who is this new presenter she is so wooden at least Stacey and Maya seemed to be interested in the contestants, for me show feels more like face painting and gimmicks that already make up.
She’s a model, I guess trying her hand at presenting. Very wooden

Reactions: 3
I hate the prosthetics and ridiculous face painting. Not one of them could do an ordinary glam look (as evidenced in the Bridgerton challenge). I am also pure sick of hearing their bloody sob stories, but there was no escaping in episode one given they had to paint their face to reflect a secret about them.

Reactions: 13
I hate it when they continually whip out the bald caps too… 🙄 over it!!

Reactions: 7
Proof yet again in episode 2 that they couldn't do just ordinary makeup for Sephora. God, I would have a field day in that shop!