Glow Up - BBC Three

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If that’s true then for the LOVE of lipgloss no more fekkin FACEPAINTING. I want to see fashion editorials, advertising campaigns, problem solving, bridal makeup, in other words the bread and butter of most makeup artists. I don’t want to see people being made into lizards, space aliens or trees. It’s absolutely ridiculous, infantile and boring

• Heart
Reactions: 33
If that’s true then for the LOVE of lipgloss no more fekkin FACEPAINTING. I want to see fashion editorials, advertising campaigns, problem solving, bridal makeup, in other words the bread and butter of most makeup artists. I don’t want to see people being made into lizards, space aliens or trees. It’s absolutely ridiculous, infantile and boring
They kinda do that with the first challenges though. I agree with you I hate the facepainting too

Reactions: 2
Same! I don’t want to see someone’s tragic journey turned into a “look”, or a GCSE art project on a model’s face. I want stage makeup, makeup for older people, what’s trending now, new techniques etc. I do hope they wheel Rankin out again though. I like how brutal he can be when they’re tit!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
This is why I’m hesitant to watch it because it’s not about make up but about face painting. The first series was good but it’s progressively gotten worse.

Reactions: 12
I want to see proper glam make up and editorial stuff. Like it when rankin appears. They've released this years contestants

Reactions: 8
I want to see proper glam make up and editorial stuff. Like it when rankin appears. They've released this years contestants
Rankin is great for many reasons but most importantly he doesn't blow smoke up anyone's ass. The contestants know if he likes their work they're doing well.

I am also hoping for less face painting this series. As an older lady I'd love to see what they could do with older models.

Reactions: 13
Agreed with the other comments here. I've had enough of the face paints. I feel like the contestants are trying to stand out with big elaborate painted faces and drag looks when they can't get the basics right like colour match a foundation to a model who is a person of colour (I hope I'm using the correct terminology).

Reactions: 7
Agreed with the other comments here. I've had enough of the face paints. I feel like the contestants are trying to stand out with big elaborate painted faces and drag looks when they can't get the basics right like colour match a foundation to a model who is a person of colour (I hope I'm using the correct terminology).
It's not just people of colour they've struggled with. You're right, it's the fact they can't even get the basics right that annoys me. And as for drag make up, I see better make up on Drag Race than I see on Glow Up.

Reactions: 8
I didnt

Who is doing it now?
---

Just seen its Leomie Anderson
No idea who that is.
Looking at the contestants, they don’t give me hope for a non race painting series. I think it’s going to turn into Big Brother, Love Island, where people only go to get spotlight and become full time influencers.

Reactions: 9