Glow Up - BBC Three

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m really fed up with all the face painting and “personal traumas and stories on a face” crap. Where’s the glamour? Fashion? The only time there is anything referencing that is on the face off. Bored
Ditto. I wish they would almost take it back to basics , dealing with dry skin, oily skin, hooded eyes, acne, acne scars. How to enhance features and disenchace others. But they I gues they wouldn't be able to bang on and wail about their journey and traumas.

Reactions: 17
Why does their make up have to a story and deep meaning?

I much prefer the brief assignments they do

Reactions: 12
I'm still a week behind. They all seem to have only started doing makeup in the pandemic- all young newbies. How about some who have a decent portfolio and are just waiting to be spotted?

Reactions: 9
I sick of hearing about peoples traumas 😭😭😭 I’m here to watch about MAKE UP and how good they are at applying it. Tv is so frustrating these days, very rarely you can find a show that’s just escapism and I’m young lol

Reactions: 18
Also the judges seem to have it in for Yong-Chin who I don't think is that bad. But then they also go OTT and ding dong for looks that I think are average

Reactions: 7
It looks like all the last challenges are going to be sob stories/painting a model rather than actual make up looks. I am really struggling with it this year, previous years I have loved it.
I am pleased with who went this week though.

i agree they seem to give Yong-chin a hard time and i Think she is quite good. They clearly seem to have their favourites this year

Reactions: 12
Completely agree it's just turned into a sob story and face painting competition 😟 very few actual make up looks. The crazy looks can be fun but not when it's every challenge. Surely the majority of make up is the basics- colour matching, ensuring it photographs well, blending etc- or special effect make up for film/tv, it seems really heavy on the Instagram looks lately.

Not to mention all the wokey bs, like asking the model what pronouns they use (?!) but that's for another thread 😂

Reactions: 14
Completely agree it's just turned into a sob story and face painting competition 😟 very few actual make up looks. The crazy looks can be fun but not when it's every challenge. Surely the majority of make up is the basics- colour matching, ensuring it photographs well, blending etc- or special effect make up for film/tv, it seems really heavy on the Instagram looks lately.

Not to mention all the wokey bs, like asking the model what pronouns they use (?!) but that's for another thread 😂
Totally agree with what you’ve said! I don’t mind some “face painting” looks but every single episode it’s not even actual makeup??? Just sob stories and face painting! The only bit I like is the end bit when two of the contestants do a specific makeup look on a set of twins! I wish the whole show was sort of like that… Again totally agree with the pronouns thing! Any idea what that thread is called so I can have a nosey?🤣

Reactions: 3
Is the new series of the Glow Up not on Netflix?

The host's accent is fab - she is the most Irish person I have ever heard. Her body is absolutely fit as.
The host of the Irish one is Maura from Love Island a couple of years ago (Tommy and Molly Mae season)

Totally agree with what you’ve said! I don’t mind some “face painting” looks but every single episode it’s not even actual makeup??? Just sob stories and face painting! The only bit I like is the end bit when two of the contestants do a specific makeup look on a set of twins! I wish the whole show was sort of like that… Again totally agree with the pronouns thing! Any idea what that thread is called so I can have a nosey?🤣
Gender Discussions!

Also what the duck is a gemstone brow? ridiculous
That's just a little something I do every Thursday. Work really love it!

I sound like broken record but I just wish they would stop with all this OTT looks with 5 million prosthetics being used. As an MUA I would have thought your bread and butter work would be glam beauty looks, giving lessons to people etc. I wish they would get in normal people off the street who want a certain look and then carrying it out. An important skill is speaking to the client, ascertaining what they are actually after and then being able to carry out that look. Communication is so important as a "smokey eye" can be interpreted differently etc.
Or if they are giving lessons how well they can communicate and teach.
I think I'm just annoyed as the 2 times I've had my make up done professionally, the first time I had orange skin and the second time I had cakey foundation. Maybe I should have asked to look like wizened old tree or something.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Not really feeling this series. I can’t see a clear winner yet, unlike last year where
ophelia
stood out from the very beginning

Reactions: 3
I have a theory as to why none of the challenges are about things like tackling acne, roseacea, dark circles or “makeovers” in general. The show is super woke, so to highlight that someone may want to cover their spots or cover up hereditary dark circles or pigmentation could be considered encouraging body shaming or low self esteem. Thoughts?

Reactions: 8
I have a theory as to why none of the challenges are about things like tackling acne, roseacea, dark circles or “makeovers” in general. The show is super woke, so to highlight that someone may want to cover their spots or cover up hereditary dark circles or pigmentation could be considered encouraging body shaming or low self esteem. Thoughts?
I'm sure one of the head to.head challenges last year was to create dark rings under someones eyes.
It now seems like every challenge is prosthetics and a sob story.
Val is doing my head in- yes I know shes worked with huge names but she often holds back her opinion until the guest judge and Dom have spoken first- almost as if she needs guidance. Ding dong is bloody annoying!

Reactions: 8