Glow Up - BBC Three

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've not watched this week's episode but judging from the comments I can guess who one of the two were in the face off.

Also did anyone see that Maya has been nominated in the Best Presenter category for Glow Up in the National TV Awards?
It hasn't even been on that long so surprised it has been included. She seems very popular with the younger crowd so she has a good shot at winning even though I dont think the show actually needs a presenter or that she adds much value.

Am I the only one who finds Maya so annoying and prefers and misses SD

I wouldn't mind if any one from the top 4 won

Reactions: 17
Just saw next week it’s another face painting exercise, it’s really boring now. I think Sophie is good but the others are a bit meh. Annoyed me last week when Maya asked if anyone else thought they might be in the face off instead of Sama and Dolli and Jack said they might be and it just was so insincere, even Dolli clocked it. This week their sin was terrible. I think Riley and Jack should have been in the face off.

Reactions: 2
What I don't understand is the face painting is always so patchy, yet some are called out for it and others not? I rarely think any of the face paint actually looks good up close tbh

I swear they've only had two challenges the whole series (The Crown & ASOS) where they've had to do actual makeup

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I know it's been said before but I'd love to see how they could transform ordinary looking middle aged faces using everyday makeup. I thought it spoke volumes that so many struggled to do "normal" make up for the Crown, it's like all they can do is face painting that looks great under the right lighting for Insta but look closer and most times it's actually pretty shoddily done.

And still no news on how they shot it in the middle of a pandemic.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Yep would love to see challenges doing makeup on mature skin, problematic skin with acne etc, makeup on all different ethnicities and face shapes!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Yes to all of the above!! Maybe the producers think that "normal" make up is boring and won't come across on the screen as well? The face painting side of it just doesn't appeal, and I don't see the point in it. I'm not going to spend 5 hours painting my face, taking a few photos and then taking it off again. Not relatable.

Dealing with skin tones, textures, spots, scars, sparse eyelashes, wonky eyebrows, wonky lips, asymmetrical features etc is much more "real world" amd would test them more I think. (Says the woman who has no make up skills at all!)

• Heart
Reactions: 11
There’s definitely room in a one hour show to do both. Maybe the face off could at least be dealing with more common make up issues such as....
Dealing with skin tones, textures, spots, scars, sparse eyelashes, wonky eyebrows, wonky lips, asymmetrical features etc is much more "real world" amd would test them more I think. (Says the woman who has no make up skills at all!)
In Sewing Bee or Masterchef or Pottery Throw Down there’s always tests that assume a basic level of competency and I think it would fit here too. Teach us a bit while we watch maybe (I need all the help I can get) and make us a bit more invested.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Jack is a bit of a skin God and does the most awesome eyebrows and eyes. Jack doesn’t want to be just an influencer and is focussed on being a make up artist. I wish they’d be given a chance to show this too as I don’t believe their talents have got to shine. Jack can make me look like their sister (we get this constantly) and I’m 50 next year :LOL: At work people always ask where my sibling is.

I can’t really comment re the filming. All I know is Jack was in isolation alone for over a week before moving in to the MUA house.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Jack is a bit of a skin God and does the most awesome eyebrows and eyes. Jack doesn’t want to be just an influencer and is focussed on being a make up artist. I wish they’d be given a chance to show this too as I don’t believe their talents have got to shine. Jack can make me look like their sister (we get this constantly) and I’m 50 next year :LOL: At work people always ask where my sibling is.

I can’t really comment re the filming. All I know is Jack was in isolation alone for over a week before moving in to the MUA house.
I need a jack in my life!!

Reactions: 3
Think Sophie or Jack should win, they're both miles ahead of the others. Agree there should be less face painting challenges and more actual make-up.

Was confused about the main challenge in the TikTok episode with Abby Roberts where they had to make it look like their model had been put through a filter. It felt like quite a few of them were just doing a creative free-for-all like with Craig's Marilyn Monroe look and Samah's siren - I didn't get filter from either of those? Was a little surprised when this wasn't mentioned in their critiques.

Also thought Craig should have been in the face-off this week, that was not a bullet wound and thought his 7 deadly sins look was awful and very basic!

Reactions: 4
Could mibbe argue that Sophie has an unfair advantage as she's studying it at uni

Shes my favourite though so I hopes she wins

Reactions: 1
Not fully up to date but the Peaky Blinders episode basically made it look like they should just send everyone else home and crown Sophie already!

Reactions: 5
Just catching up now, why the many close ups on Craig’s model’s face?

I can’t really comment re the filming.
Why can’t you comment? Is it because they didn’t really follow the guidelines or something?

wish they’d be given a chance to show this too as I don’t believe their talents have got to shine.
I think a lot of the briefs were (like I’ve said before) just face painting. Which is artistic and I’ve seen some incredible artists on YouTube doing this but it doesn’t interest me as much as actual make up. So people like Jack and others didn’t get the chance to really show their skills.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4