Glow Up - BBC Three

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Interesting that in the final cut of the music video, Sophie’s look was the one they used loads and the others I think you only see for a second or something.

Reactions: 4
I genuinely don't know how Craig is still there. His looks are always so weak compared to others and he comes across as being so arrogant. He doesn't deserve a place in the final.

Reactions: 5
Interesting that in the final cut of the music video, Sophie’s look was the one they used loads and the others I think you only see for a second or something.
i think it was agreed jack would win the challenge to be honest as he hadn’t won before . Sophie’s looks was clearly the favourite going by the final edit

I loved how Jack was on set with their model though and the rest of the team, they seemed totally at home and relaxed. I also think they had to touch up all the models make up when they were asked back on set which would have meant understanding everyone else’s look straight away too.

I would have kept Jack over Craig too. There’s something about him I can’t quite warm too but I’m not sure why. Same with Dolly tbh.

Reactions: 8
I usually really liked Jack's work but their Animé face was seriously underwhelming for two and a half hours work and Val's input (which they chose to ignore). That Anime look is a staple for many of the Queens on Drag Race (even down to the pink wig) so I was disappointed by their lack of inventiveness, as were all three judges.

I agree with the previous posts about the show needing more actual make-up techniques and transformations. It doesn't actually inspire me to do make up at all to be honest whereas at least with Sewing Bee or Bake Off you learn a bit and feel a bit inspired too.

Reactions: 6
I usually really liked Jack's work but their Animé face was seriously underwhelming for two and a half hours work and Val's input (which they chose to ignore). That Anime look is a staple for many of the Queens on Drag Race (even down to the pink wig) so I was disappointed by their lack of inventiveness, as were all three judges.
I don’t know why they ignored Val’s advice.

Reactions: 1
I don’t know why they ignored Val’s advice.
They didn’t. If you look at the clip where Val critiques Jack not using the larger brush Jack is touching up the smaller make-up directly under the model’s eye... you wouldn’t use a large brush for this! Also didn’t they say twenty minutes od:unsure:
You may say I’m bias of course but a LOT is in the editing. You only see what they want you to see. I sit with a running commentary :LOL:

I loved how Jack was on set with their model though and the rest of the team, they seemed totally at home and relaxed. I also think they had to touch up all the models make up when they were asked back on set which would have meant understanding everyone else’s look straight away too.

I would have kept Jack over Craig too. There’s something about him I can’t quite warm too but I’m not sure why. Same with Dolly tbh.
Totally agree.I recall Jack going to a club in London ten years ago and walking in and waving/greeting some stars, inc Jonathon Ross and just being so at ease and confident. I would have gone weak at the knees :ROFLMAO: They were then of course invited to the tables and sending selfie’s etc of them together.

Jack is amazingly professional and instils a confidence in everyone they work with. Obviously gutted they’ve not made the final but no less proud of them and hope this leads to good things as they want to work and not be just an ‘influencer’.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
When the judges were critiquing the final looks, Val directly said to Jack that she’d advised them to change brushes and they’d carried on with the same ones regardless after she’d walked away. Jack seemed to be agreeing with that feedback too. If that’s not actually what happened then it’s very misleading editing 😤

Reactions: 3
@TheRealGretchen what does Jack think of the editing overall? Do they feel like they’ve been reasonably accurately represented? Also they should get Rankins number if they don’t already have it. I reckon Rankins a fan already 😁

Just caught up on the latest episode, was gutted that my two favourites were in the Face Off - think they are both fabulous. @TheRealGretchen Jack is absolutely amazing and they should be so proud. Not only a fantastic MUA but such a wonderful individual - no amount of editing can change that.

I've also felt all along that they were editing it for Dolli to win.

Last edited:
Whenever I see Rankin I always think he looks like a very trendy Peter Kay or Jonny Vegas. I really don’t know why they thought Craig’s look was so great. A few sponged in colours and wavy lines. And it felt like Jack was a victim of his own success. Sometimes this show feels like the search for Britain’s next top face painting star.

Reactions: 8
I do agree that more everyday make up tasks would be good. I do love the ones when they do onto set but I would love a task where they have say a stall and they get random people coming and they could be asked to do anything. Would show how was good on their feet and their true technique to adapt make up to all sorts of skin types etc

• Heart
Reactions: 11
When the judges were critiquing the final looks, Val directly said to Jack that she’d advised them to change brushes and they’d carried on with the same ones regardless after she’d walked away. Jack seemed to be agreeing with that feedback too. If that’s not actually what happened then it’s very misleading editing 😤
The section where Val says about using a small brush is exactly where Jack is painting the black under the model’s eye as screenshot below.

I do agree that more everyday make up tasks would be good. I do love the ones when they do onto set but I would love a task where they have say a stall and they get random people coming and they could be asked to do anything. Would show how was good on their feet and their true technique to adapt make up to all sorts of skin types etc
Agree with this. It also gets the MUA’s to think on their feet rather than being given time to prepare for the brief. Would show a truer real to life skill

@TheRealGretchen would you be able to tell us how they filmed it during the pandemic?
I can’t comment as I don’t know with regard to the judges. Jack was isolated for a few weeks alone before moving in to a house with the other MUAs. Lots of regular testing etc.

Jack’s interview was published in The Metro this afternoon. What hasn’t been mentioned as Jack was unwell and undergoing procedures in a private hospital during filming. I doubt Jack is allowed to mention it but there’s not much stopping me now.

I am extremely proud of Jack for battling through, remaining professional and hopefully finding a future career and happiness in their world.

They also better have Rankin’s number and be inviting him for tea because I too think I have a crush :LOL: :love:

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 9