Glastonbury 2023/2024 #2 because we haven't finished talking about music yet

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
PJ Harvey did not get the respect she deserved with that slot, she should have headlined. It's lost its magic, to politicised and the music feels secondary, just my opinion.

Reactions: 13
The Dua set not even bothering to fill the time between costume changes now, just turning the music and lights off for a minute then back on :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Can't wait for Lankum tomorrow, saw them recently at a festival in Dublin , imagine a space ship landing blasting out Irish traditional.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I don’t get why Coldplay are headlining. Again. I know they are still super popular but I feel like they are done when it comes to being a Glastonbury headliner.
---
Really enjoyed Seventeen’s set. Never heard of them before but it was really fun. The last song was really catchy. Also enjoyed Olivia Dean. Again not heard of her before but she’s on my Spotify list now.

Reactions: 7
I don't think they can reconcile it being an honour to play for a loss at something that is very profitable for those in charge.
Glastonbury is extremely expensive to put on, last year it cost £62,000,000. Plus they donate money to several charities. I’m not saying they don’t make money but it’s not as much as people would expect.

The reason Glastonbury doesn’t pay people as much as other festivals is because they’d have to join up with more commercial partners and eventually it would lose the ethos of the festival. Some bands demand a ridiculous amount of money (not saying that Nadine Shah did, I agree with her reasons for not playing) and if Glastonbury gave in then eventually the whole thing would be untenable and collapse. I remember David Bowie played back in the early 00’s and took a significant cut because he wanted to play the festival. Elton John allegedly ‘only’ got £200,0000 and usually commands millions.

Reactions: 6
No, sadly didn'tcatch Portishead. We were camped out in the front row for Pulp on the Saturday night. I did see Evan Dando in the acoustic tent earlier in the day and it depressed me so much, he wasn't in a good way 🙁

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I don’t get why Coldplay are headlining. Again. I know they are still super popular but I feel like they are done when it comes to being a Glastonbury headliner.
---
Really enjoyed Seventeen’s set. Never heard of them before but it was really fun. The last song was really catchy. Also enjoyed Olivia Dean. Again not heard of her before but she’s on my Spotify list now.
Coldplay headline because they don’t charge the festival, as has been discussed the festival costs an awful lot of money to put on and the proceeds go to various charities. Rumours are Madonna should have been the Sunday headliner and she wanted £££, Chris does it for free cos he’s friends with the Eavises and he also credits their success to Michael putting faith in them back in the early days.

Seventeen where my pick this year, the crowd was tiny which was great for me as I managed to get down the front, but given that they have Taylor Swift status in Asia must have been odd for the band, the rest of my festival is now sponsored by the words ‘very nice’ 😂

Just gutted they put Sugababes on the relatively small West Holts, I only stayed in the field for the first song because the crush was scary 😢

Reactions: 9
That’s interesting about Coldplay as I’ve never been able to understand why they headline so often (I am not a fan).

Reactions: 7