Glastonbury 2023/2024 #2 because we haven't finished talking about music yet

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I love her lol, you've probably heard her songs & not realised lol. her albums are great but this is bleeping dreadfull

probably her most popular
Really love this song! She also did Kiss Me More with Doja Cat which is her other well known song.
---
Those with bad audio and sound issues has it just been on the Pyramid Stage?

Think she has some sort of auto tune effect on her mic which isn’t making the sound any better.
Also one of those artists who can’t seem to pronounce things properly which makes it harder to understand.
Wasn’t she meant to headline the other stage but then Madonna dropped out and I think they needed a female as they’d promised two female headliners so just bumped her up.
She’s absolutely stunning though.

Reactions: 3
Really love this song! She also did Kiss Me More with Doja Cat which is her other well known song.
---
Those with bad audio and sound issues has it just been on the Pyramid Stage?
i thought avril had bad sound aswell & i think she was on another stage

I really feel for SZA with the sound problems, her staging is epic. She was sweet when she called out the people who needed help just now.

Reactions: 2
Just been looking on X and the field had hardly anyone there to see SZA.
How humiliating for her.

Kind of ironic that Glasto got backlash last year for the lack of female headliners, now they got one no one turns up to see her 💀
Saying that though Sza just isn’t big enough over here

Reactions: 9
I feel like Glasto is trying to be Coachella with acts like Sza. It’s not. Most people I know who still go are in their 30s and 40s. Not old, but not likely to care about the most streamed artist or whatever. Something a bit nostalgic would have worked better.

Reactions: 8
There’s definite way less content on iPlayer I want to watch this year on comparison to even last year.

Reactions: 7
SZAs small audience is being blamed on mic issues by the daily fail and people wanting to beat the traffic and get home by The Independent lol! The Guardian gave it a glowing review on the other hand with a faint whiff of her target audience (teenage girls) not being the Glastonbury demographic.

They dropped the ball putting her on as headliner, shame!

Reactions: 9
I feel like Glasto is trying to be Coachella with acts like Sza. It’s not. Most people I know who still go are in their 30s and 40s. Not old, but not likely to care about the most streamed artist or whatever. Something a bit nostalgic would have worked better.
We were there as a family with 5 kids aged 28 down to 13 (or 12 if you were a steward checking for her wristband 😉) none of them were interested in SZA so not sure it was an age problem.

I think it was less about the genre of acts but more about the placement, the nostalgic acts like Sugababes and Avril were shoved on small stages with overcrowded fields.

I think Emily shot herself in the foot by declaring last year she was having 2 female pyramid headliners and was forced to book SZA (or Suzan as she is called in this house!)

It’s all just a face show anyway. They don’t employ equal gender numbers when it comes to stage crew, security, photographers in the pit etc

Reactions: 8
SZAs small audience is being blamed on mic issues by the daily fail and people wanting to beat the traffic and get home by The Independent lol! The Guardian gave it a glowing review on the other hand with a faint whiff of her target audience (teenage girls) not being the Glastonbury demographic.

They dropped the ball putting her on as headliner, shame!
i really like her but she was never going to be a headliner - she plays lovely chill vibes which were just never going to work on the “big” stage. based on audience reaction, they should have swapped her with the national (who i love). they had the crowd in the palm of their hands the whole time.

like little miss says above, i think they shot themselves in the foot by saying that they would have two female headliners and then realising that they couldn’t actually get the likes of madonna, taylor, billie etc or anyone who would have filled that stage. i did feel for SZA a little bit.

Reactions: 10
I don’t understand why they didn’t try to get Raye again. She’s had a phenomenal year so could have easily headlined this year

Reactions: 7
First year I've not bothered to watch any of the acts during the festival. I'll try and watch PJ Harvey later though and I'm interested in Confidence Man, who everyone seemed to enjoy. However, I did just watch a bit of the legends slot...

When the Shania Twain tribute who dragged you up on stage for some line dancing at your hotel in Tenerife is better than the real thing...priceless.
---
Just watching Sugababes. They have such catchy songs, but whenever I see them perform I'm always reminded of a 6th form talent show. Like they've got 3 random girls who can sing a bit, but do not gel whatsoever.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
Shania Twain sounded like karaoke. Like I know that’s a Shania song and I know that’s Shania but it sounds absolutely nothing like her. Felt like a Drag Queen set at times. Side note - she has a fantastic figure.
They should have swapped SZA with Avril. The skinny of SZA fans crying online about Brits having piano teeth and being racist about SZA is hilarious - she doesn’t have enough of a back catalogue to be a headliner. Emily Eavis desperately wants Glastonbury to be diverse which I get but she has done more harm than good because this was a lot of people’s first introduction to SZA and all they’ll remember is the girl who couldn’t sing. Janelle Monae also had a thin crowd on the Pyramid stage - I really think she would have benefitted from the smaller stages.

The meme’s from last night have been great though.
IMG_9575.jpeg

IMG_9577.jpeg
IMG_9578.jpeg
IMG_9579.jpeg
IMG_9580.jpeg

---
Just watching Sugababes. They have such catchy songs, but whenever I see them perform I'm always reminded of a 6th form talent show. Like they've got 3 random girls who can sing a bit, but do not gel whatsoever.
Oh my god yes! Put into words what I’ve felt about them for ages!

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Why can't I find Jamie XX? It's letting me record it on Thursday? I need a young person for help.