Glastonbury 2023/2024 #2 because we haven't finished talking about music yet

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Enjoyed Dexys just now, great to hear Come On Eileen live (y)

BBC coverage seems good so far, they've got a good selection of the stages each with their own dedicated feeds, I'm sticking with the main mix/highlights channel though.

Also thank you BBC for putting the current artist that's playing in the top right of the screen, helpful to know who I'm watching!

Going to ask if the thread title can have a 2024 added to it.

Reactions: 2
Really hoped to see The Snuts on iplayer from today but no luck. Hoping they upload later as they’re bloody amazing.

Reactions: 3
Just watching Sugababes. Siobhan isn’t a patch on Heidi Range. She struggles on the songs that were done when she wasn’t in the band

What’s the tea there? Did Heidi not want to come back for the 105th incarnation of this band?
Watching them on bbc4 now. You're right, Siobhan has absolutely no power to her voice at all. Mutya appears to have completely ruined her voice with the cigs and can't seem to hold a tune either. Keisha is the only one with strong voice. About you know is a great song, but 2 of them weren't even in the band when it came out 🤷

Reactions: 6
Disappointed in Sugababes current line up, I liked Heidi.
Really enjoyed Dexys ❤
LCD soundsystem were fabulous !
I love Glastonbury weekend and we look forward to it in our house .
Tons of snacks and grazing boards and easy food so we can chill and enjoy it .
Disappointed we didn’t have coverage of The Orb last night or Fat boy slim tonight as they are on smaller stages.
I’ll catch up with Fontaines DC tomorrow as I have a Reiki class to lead at 10 tonight .

I'm been watching most of the day loved Paul Heaton 🥰 never heard of can't member their name think is was someone can't swim ? But I loved them it was very 90s inspired which is my era and I really enjoyed Anne Marie's set even though I'm not really a fan haven't watched sugar babies yet will catch it at some point

I'm been watching most of the day loved Paul Heaton 🥰 never heard of can't member their name think is was someone can't swim ? But I loved them it was very 90s inspired which is my era and I really enjoyed Anne Marie's set even though I'm not really a fan haven't watched sugar babies yet will catch it at some point
Barry?

I think some blending of styles is okay but really can’t get behind the likes of Dua Lipa headlining. Hate any prolonged subjection to social media music.

Reactions: 8
I'm enjoying Dua Lipa, and her dancers are brilliant, and the fireworks are pretty, and the use of the video wall is very Eurovision. But it very much feels like she's just going through the motions of an arena tour, albeit flawlessly, just with "Glastonbury" substituted into "Do you want to go to the moon, Manchester" or "I can't hear you Glasgow" audience shoutouts. Apart from the fireworks it could have been recorded anywhere, might as well just be watching a concert in Newcastle or something. It just doesn't feel Glastonbury. I guess a lot of headliners are like this now. I'm so bored of Coldplay but I think they will be far more atmospheric in this slot tomorrow night.

Reactions: 12
The day the BBC finally get rid of Jo Whiley, is the day I run screaming down the street naked celebrating. She ruins it every year.

• Heart
Reactions: 7