Glastonbury 2023/2024 #2 because we haven't finished talking about music yet

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Watched 50 years of Glastonbury, was really interesting how and why it's changed over the years though still looked more fun back in the day but I guess things can't stay the same for ever.

Reactions: 3
That’s interesting about Coldplay as I’ve never been able to understand why they headline so often (I am not a fan).
I've seen them at previous Glastos and was surprised how good they were live, would never listen to them normally but they pit on a great show.

Reactions: 2
Watched 50 years of Glastonbury, was really interesting how and why it's changed over the years though still looked more fun back in the day but I guess things can't stay the same for ever.
Think its gone like the Coachella festival in America, its now for influencers and has been priced out for real music lovers, it feels like it's lost it soul and magic and become to big, plus being lectured to about world politics by a bunch of rich, very privileged musicians sticks in my throat, just shut the f*** up and play your music!

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Chris does it for free cos he’s friends with the Eavises and he also credits their success to Michael putting faith in them back in the early days.
That’s so cool, I didn’t know about Coldplay doing it for free! Thank you for sharing!
I wish more bands and performers could do the same.

Reactions: 6
PJ Harvey did not get the respect she deserved with that slot, she should have headlined. It's lost its magic, to politicised and the music feels secondary, just my opinion.
She should have headlined she is much better than Dua Lipa

Reactions: 4
Started watching Dua Lipa on TV last night, got bored and went to bed, it was all pretty dull but the long costume changes were painful
She is too image concsious Sp sorry and pop musical for Glasto no need for costume changes just sing or mime or whatever. My friend's daughter is appearing in the acoustic tent today and tomorrow, we are so proud of her. But I don't think I will see her perform as the acoustic tent isn't really streamed I don't think.

Reactions: 4
Enjoyed Olivia Dean and Jungle. Dua Lipa as headline act? 🤷‍♀️

Looking forward to Jordan Rakei, James Blake, Michael Kiwanuka, James, Jessie Ware, Rachel Chinouriri, Brittany Howard.

Reactions: 3
I used to quite like the IDLES but their set was embarrassing. Like sixth form politics. Like if Supertanskii started a band. I’m scarlet for them.

• Haha
Reactions: 5