Glastonbury 2023 #2 because we haven't finished talking about music yet

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've seen Shania perform on a few TV shows recently and I think her voice has gone.

• Sad
Reactions: 2
We are pondering BST Hydepark to see Stevie at the moment…we are in N.I so it would mean flights/hotel…not sure we can justify the cost…🥹 I’d love to see her.

Reactions: 1
Oh god, did enough of Reading and Leeds when I was younger 🤣

I’ve actually never heard of Deer Shed and I love visiting North Yorkshire so will check it out. The line up for this year looks good but my baby is 5 months so won’t be doing it until next year 😢
Wilderness is brilliant ( a bit pricey )

I’m going for the 13 time and tbh am pretty disappointed with the headliners. It’s turning very poppy these days and very much lacking rock and indie. Having said that, I’ll prob watch Coldplay for the 3rd headline time for me and then spend time at the other stages more. There’s actually some half decent bands lower down on the poster, it’s just the headliners that are nearly all tit this year!

It seems a shame that they couldn't have booked at least one of the artists already on a rare tour. Madonna, Stevie Wonder and Metallica would have been amazing.

Reactions: 3
It seems a shame that they couldn't have booked at least one of the artists already on a rare tour. Madonna, Stevie Wonder and Metallica would have been amazing.
According to the forums they were in talks with Madonna for ages, they fell thro a few weeks ago, they then talked to Stevie W and then Stevie Nicks, this is why we’ve had no announcements till now.

Sza was very much a late min addition and booked because over here for Hyde Park (plus she filled Emily’s promise for two female headliners, if it had been Stevie Wonder they were going with the we have a female legend too line).

It’s great when they do get a true legend, I loved the Stones and Macca, but I was probably blown away more by Stormzy is 72 years old so you never know!

I’m off to Jamie XX, Disclosure and The National, unless Chris Martin gives me one of those flashing bracelets that is (I’m easily bought!)

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Why do you think the big names fell through? surely if they pull off a great set it's a win win?

Why do you think the big names fell through? surely if they pull off a great set it's a win win?
I believe Stevie Wonder was too ill and they couldn’t come to an agreement with Madge! Don’t forget though that there’s still secret sets. Pretenders were added at the last minute last year and also Rick Astley with The Blossoms and both were ace!

I believe Stevie Wonder was too ill and they couldn’t come to an agreement with Madge! Don’t forget though that there’s still secret sets. Pretenders were added at the last minute last year and also Rick Astley with The Blossoms and both were ace!
QOTSA weren’t on the initial poster last year or Foos, me and my 16yr old are forever hopeful that Pulp will be a late addition/secret set, He loved Blossoms last year, we have a joke that only Morrissey understands him being the tortured teen that he is 😂

• Haha
QOTSA weren’t on the initial poster last year or Foos, me and my 16yr old are forever hopeful that Pulp will be a late addition/secret set, He loved Blossoms last year, we have a joke that only Morrissey understands him being the tortured teen that he is 😂
Yeah I’d love Pulp, Prodigy, Kasabian, Underworld, Gerry Cinammon, James and The Smile to all pop up! 😂

• Heart
Yeah I’d love Pulp, Prodigy, Kasabian, Underworld, Gerry Cinammon, James and The Smile to all pop up! 😂
James apparently self confirmed both at a recent gig and on R2, rumours are that they are opening Other stage (fingers crossed it’s more upbeat than in 2016!)

I haven’t seen Kasabian since Tom left, I would definitely be up for a bit of bouncing to LSF (unless they play Sun in which case I’m sitting at the back of the field admiring those with stamina)

There’s also an Elbow shaped hole, new album and tour, surely Guy won’t be handing that Pyramid sunset slot over to another?

The Smile for Park tba? Rumours are KOL for Woodsies tba, I was still hoping Pulp were the tba last year even after Rick Astley wandered on in that powder blue suit 😂

• Haha
According to the forums they were in talks with Madonna for ages, they fell thro a few weeks ago, they then talked to Stevie W and then Stevie Nicks, this is why we’ve had no announcements till now.

Sza was very much a late min addition and booked because over here for Hyde Park (plus she filled Emily’s promise for two female headliners, if it had been Stevie Wonder they were going with the we have a female legend too line).

It’s great when they do get a true legend, I loved the Stones and Macca, but I was probably blown away more by Stormzy is 72 years old is 72 years old so you never know!

I’m off to Jamie XX, Disclosure and The National, unless Chris Martin gives me one of those flashing bracelets that is (I’m easily bought!)

I love that tattle still adds the bit about Stormzy is 72 years old’s age 😂

James apparently self confirmed both at a recent gig and on R2, rumours are that they are opening Other stage (fingers crossed it’s more upbeat than in 2016!)

I haven’t seen Kasabian since Tom left, I would definitely be up for a bit of bouncing to LSF (unless they play Sun in which case I’m sitting at the back of the field admiring those with stamina)

There’s also an Elbow shaped hole, new album and tour, surely Guy won’t be handing that Pyramid sunset slot over to another?

The Smile for Park tba? Rumours are KOL for Woodsies tba, I was still hoping Pulp were the tba last year even after Rick Astley wandered on in that powder blue suit 😂
Love a bit of Elbow at Glasto and he loves playing it!

Metallica were so bad at Download last year, both sets. I’m glad it’s not them, but I’d have loved Madge or Stevie Wonder
---

Heavy rumours are the Killers, Kasabian and Green Day for ‘secret sets’

Glad I'm not the only one who had no idea who SZA is (and up until a couple of days ago, I was saying it as S-Z-A, until I found out it's pronounced "Sizza"). Even my 16 year old didn't really know who she is.

This year will be my tenth Glastonbury, but I haven't been since 2014, and my partner's first. I am so excited to see her experiencing it for the first time!

Glad I'm not the only one who had no idea who SZA is (and up until a couple of days ago, I was saying it as S-Z-A, until I found out it's pronounced "Sizza"). Even my 16 year old didn't really know who she is.

This year will be my tenth Glastonbury, but I haven't been since 2014, and my partner's first. I am so excited to see her experiencing it for the first time!
I only know her as I saw her in the crappy Brits a few weeks ago and thought she was shite then!
This is my 13th, although I had a break of 9 years when I had my kids and went back in 2019 and been to them all since then! It gets bigger and bigger, so prepare to be surprised at how many extra people are there now! The Park area is now mobbed on a wed and thurs!

I only know her as I saw her in the crappy Brits a few weeks ago and thought she was shite then!
This is my 13th, although I had a break of 9 years when I had my kids and went back in 2019 and been to them all since then! It gets bigger and bigger, so prepare to be surprised at how many extra people are there now! The Park area is now mobbed on a wed and thurs!
I am expecting massive changes since I was last there!