Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
I think the issue was that Emily had promised 2 female headliners after the fuck up of last year, she was determined to sign Madonna (hence why she gave the third slot to Coldplay as they play for free)
But even tho she had the cash Madge bailed at the last min leaving her high and dry, they tried Stevie Nicks which didn’t work and we’ve left with Sza.
I’ll be at the Other Stage for The National and Park for London Grammar, clashes willing maybe a bit of Jamie XX
Stevie Nicks would have been AWESOME!!!

😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

Reactions: 8
I’d say Dua is a headline, not so sure about SZA though. There have been rumours for months that it was Madonna, then it was Stevie Wonder and both dropped out. Word with a friend is that SZA was to headline the Other stage and got bumped up
I’d actually never even heard of SZA 😳

I think of Dua Lipa as someone who has released a few averagely nice dance/pop songs, rather than a Glastonbury headliner. Maybe there’s more to her than that. 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 5

merlot

Chatty Member
I wished I'd watched Lana del Ray rather than GnR, her set isn't on iplayer either, mind she was a bit of a prick being half an hour late due to her hair, I hate tardiness, it's not like she didn't have the dates and times well in advance.
Bit gutted I missed Sophie E-B too.
The coverage was all over the shop on the red button.
The BBC are shit really, such an outdated concept /set up, but I guess thats another thread. 😂

Kim Mild

VIP Member
I don't know if it was mentioned on the last thread but I feel a bit sorry for Sophie Ellis Bextor because the BBC did film her set . She's got a new album out too, I bet she's secretly fuming about it.

Proseccopals

I know this is a Glasto 2023 thread, but Taylor Swift’s additional U.K. dates means she’s definitely not heading to the festival next year. God I’d of put my house on that being the case!!

Reactions: 4

Rose28454

VIP Member
From someone who lives locally Glastonbury was fab in the 90’s but unfortunately they’ve got too greedy and the ticketing system is a farce! Michael eavis has handed it off to his daughter and she’s not very nice. Her 2 brothers always had the funds from the merchandising but she’s now cut them out.

• Wow

LittleMissOnions

VIP Member
Usually there’s an act headlining that makes me tune into the coverage, but not this year! Shania Twain is a strange pick, I can sort of see the appeal but I’d struggle to name five of her songs.
I think the issue was that Emily had promised 2 female headliners after the fuck up of last year, she was determined to sign Madonna (hence why she gave the third slot to Coldplay as they play for free)
But even tho she had the cash Madge bailed at the last min leaving her high and dry, they tried Stevie Nicks which didn’t work and we’ve left with Sza.
I’ll be at the Other Stage for The National and Park for London Grammar, clashes willing maybe a bit of Jamie XX

LittleMissOnions

VIP Member
It seems a shame that they couldn't have booked at least one of the artists already on a rare tour. Madonna, Stevie Wonder and Metallica would have been amazing.
According to the forums they were in talks with Madonna for ages, they fell thro a few weeks ago, they then talked to Stevie W and then Stevie Nicks, this is why we’ve had no announcements till now.

Sza was very much a late min addition and booked because over here for Hyde Park (plus she filled Emily’s promise for two female headliners, if it had been Stevie Wonder they were going with the we have a female legend too line).

It’s great when they do get a true legend, I loved the Stones and Macca, but I was probably blown away more by Stormzy is 72 years old so you never know!

I’m off to Jamie XX, Disclosure and The National, unless Chris Martin gives me one of those flashing bracelets that is (I’m easily bought!)

• Haha

petitspois

VIP Member
It seems a shame that they couldn't have booked at least one of the artists already on a rare tour. Madonna, Stevie Wonder and Metallica would have been amazing.

Reactions: 3

bubbadabut

VIP Member
My dream headliners...they would never make the Pyramid Stage but I would love Smashing Pumpkins to headline the Other Stage on the Saturday.

Pixies on the Friday. A crowd-pleasing set from The Killers or The Strokes on the Sunday.

gee808xoxo

yeah ngl as a first time glasto goer, i’m a bit disappointed in the lineup. I love Dua and Coldplay, though I do think coldplay yet again is a bit of a boring choice, I’m sure will be great when there. SZA seems an odd choice, a few hit songs sure but sunday headline status, really? and seems to appeal to a similar crowd as Dua, definitely makes sense if she was boosted from the Other stage due to failed talks with madonna /Stevies. kinda sad we don’t have an older act with more of an iconic back catologue like that. it’s not just about the headliners i know but even for the other acts i was hoping to be like ‘wow i must see these’ for lots but i dont feel that for too many. obv just my opinion and im sure it’ll be fun anyways

DipsyDoodle

VIP Member
Glad I'm not the only one who had no idea who SZA is (and up until a couple of days ago, I was saying it as S-Z-A, until I found out it's pronounced "Sizza"). Even my 16 year old didn't really know who she is.

This year will be my tenth Glastonbury, but I haven't been since 2014, and my partner's first. I am so excited to see her experiencing it for the first time!

Reactions: 2

TinyDancer2602

I think TS is ruled out as she’s busy. Heard them mention Madonna on Radio 2 earlier. Nick Grimshaw thinks maybe Cher…that would be amazing!!
---
Actually, I see Liam Gallagher is touring next year, you don't think it would be him do you? or he could persuade Noel to get back together for one gig?
Imagine! I saw Oasis in 2009 at Slane, amazing gig. I don’t think it’s their time yet. Gotta drag this out for at least 20 years for the dramatics lol so maybe 2029/2030?!

JulesC

VIP Member
Have I never heard of SZA because I’m old-ish (37) or is she not really that famous?

See the only one that excites me is Shania Twain, used to love her and still know all the words to her songs 🤣 will enjoy watching her on the tv though.

Think I will give Kendal Calling a try with the kids over the next couple of years.

ls240898

VIP Member
I know I’m middle-aged and probably have little clue what’s ‘big’ among the cool kids nowadays, but is Dua Lipa a ‘headline act’? 🫤

I’d say Dua is a headline, not so sure about SZA though. There have been rumours for months that it was Madonna, then it was Stevie Wonder and both dropped out. Word with a friend is that SZA was to headline the Other stage and got bumped up

Sibz

VIP Member
I'd love it to be Cher or Madonna 🤩

I hope it's not just hype like when Elton John had special guests last year, and names like Britney, Kiki Dee, Dua Lipa were being thrown about, and it ended up being mostly unknown singers :cautious::ROFLMAO:

• Haha