Glastonbury 2023 #2 because we haven't finished talking about music yet

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know I’m middle-aged and probably have little clue what’s ‘big’ among the cool kids nowadays, but is Dua Lipa a ‘headline act’? 🫤

I’d say Dua is a headline, not so sure about SZA though. There have been rumours for months that it was Madonna, then it was Stevie Wonder and both dropped out. Word with a friend is that SZA was to headline the Other stage and got bumped up

Reactions: 2
I’d say Dua is a headline, not so sure about SZA though. There have been rumours for months that it was Madonna, then it was Stevie Wonder and both dropped out. Word with a friend is that SZA was to headline the Other stage and got bumped up
I’d actually never even heard of SZA 😳

I think of Dua Lipa as someone who has released a few averagely nice dance/pop songs, rather than a Glastonbury headliner. Maybe there’s more to her than that. 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 5
I’d actually never even heard of SZA 😳

I think of Dua Lipa as someone who has released a few averagely nice dance/pop songs, rather than a Glastonbury headliner. Maybe there’s more to her than that. 🤷‍♀️
I know what you mean, she’s won loads of Grammys, Brits etc but that doesn’t make a headliner. The only real “headliner” there with star power is Coldplay. And the undercard isn’t exactly great either. Shania’s a good pick for the legends slot though!

I've been lurking on this thread and thinking about a festival for next year to take our two children to (aged 12 and 8). One of our children is disabled so we would need a festival with good access - we would be using a wheelchair. Does anyone have any recommendations for a good family friendly festival that's not on an absolutely massive site, and might be ok with a wheelchair? We have been to Latitude for a few years now which has reasonable access but the access campsite is really close to several stages which is ok during the day but in the evening none of us got any sleep! Ideally we want somewhere close but protected from the noise. And the moon on a stick, so it would seem... I saw some earlier chat on here about Kendal Calling which sounds good, does anyone have any insight into the access here?

I am lucky enough to have tickets, the headliners for me are awful but there’s a lot of exciting bands below. I’ve never been before so I’m excited either way, but it does feel ‘weaker’ compared to previous years.
---
I've been lurking on this thread and thinking about a festival for next year to take our two children to (aged 12 and 8). One of our children is disabled so we would need a festival with good access - we would be using a wheelchair. Does anyone have any recommendations for a good family friendly festival that's not on an absolutely massive site, and might be ok with a wheelchair? We have been to Latitude for a few years now which has reasonable access but the access campsite is really close to several stages which is ok during the day but in the evening none of us got any sleep! Ideally we want somewhere close but protected from the noise. And the moon on a stick, so it would seem... I saw some earlier chat on here about Kendal Calling which sounds good, does anyone have any insight into the access here?
Kendal calling 100%

Reactions: 1
The only good thing about the line up for me is that I told my 24yr old that it would drop at 8am this morning and he said I was an idiot, he’s had to text me grovelling!

I have also worked out looking at last years stage times that they still have to announce 4 Pyramid acts, 9 Other Stage, 6 West Holts, 7 Woodsies and 7 Park.

I have far too much time on my hands

Usually there’s an act headlining that makes me tune into the coverage, but not this year! Shania Twain is a strange pick, I can sort of see the appeal but I’d struggle to name five of her songs.

Usually there’s an act headlining that makes me tune into the coverage, but not this year! Shania Twain is a strange pick, I can sort of see the appeal but I’d struggle to name five of her songs.
I think the issue was that Emily had promised 2 female headliners after the duck up of last year, she was determined to sign Madonna (hence why she gave the third slot to Coldplay as they play for free)
But even tho she had the cash Madge bailed at the last min leaving her high and dry, they tried Stevie Nicks which didn’t work and we’ve left with Sza.
I’ll be at the Other Stage for The National and Park for London Grammar, clashes willing maybe a bit of Jamie XX

Reactions: 4
Have I never heard of SZA because I’m old-ish (37) or is she not really that famous?

See the only one that excites me is Shania Twain, used to love her and still know all the words to her songs 🤣 will enjoy watching her on the tv though.

Think I will give Kendal Calling a try with the kids over the next couple of years.

Have I never heard of SZA because I’m old-ish (37) or is she not really that famous?

See the only one that excites me is Shania Twain, used to love her and still know all the words to her songs 🤣 will enjoy watching her on the tv though.

Think I will give Kendal Calling a try with the kids over the next couple of years.
I’m older than you and whilst I’ve heard of her (she’s massive on Spotify) neither me nor any of our 5 kids (13-28) can name a track 😂

I’ve been to Kendall calling and didn’t like it, it felt a bit like Reading and Leeds lite, there was a death in the campsite (drugs) and lots of blokes pissing against fences.

Have you looked at Deer Shed? Whilst it doesn’t get the big names, it’s very family friendly and the campsites allow you to pre book pitches, I’ve also done Camp Bestival with the kids which was fun but a pain to get to (don’t know what their new site in Shropshire is like)

I think the issue was that Emily had promised 2 female headliners after the duck up of last year, she was determined to sign Madonna (hence why she gave the third slot to Coldplay as they play for free)
But even tho she had the cash Madge bailed at the last min leaving her high and dry, they tried Stevie Nicks which didn’t work and we’ve left with Sza.
I’ll be at the Other Stage for The National and Park for London Grammar, clashes willing maybe a bit of Jamie XX
They tried Stevie Wonder I’ve heard as well. Madonna was meant to be playing Hyde Park alongside Glasto, dropped out, Stevie W replaced her at both then he dropped out. I feel like I would’ve preferred to see Olivia Rodrigo get a leg up or something

Stevie Nicks would have been AWESOME!!!

😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

Reactions: 8
yeah ngl as a first time glasto goer, i’m a bit disappointed in the lineup. I love Dua and Coldplay, though I do think coldplay yet again is a bit of a boring choice, I’m sure will be great when there. SZA seems an odd choice, a few hit songs sure but sunday headline status, really? and seems to appeal to a similar crowd as Dua, definitely makes sense if she was boosted from the Other stage due to failed talks with madonna /Stevies. kinda sad we don’t have an older act with more of an iconic back catologue like that. it’s not just about the headliners i know but even for the other acts i was hoping to be like ‘wow i must see these’ for lots but i dont feel that for too many. obv just my opinion and im sure it’ll be fun anyways

Reactions: 3
I’ll be watching Idles instead. I saw them in Belgium last weekend and they deserve that headline slot so much. So happy for them

I’ve never heard of SZA either! There’s actually nobody in the lineup I’m gutted about missing.

We are doing access camping at Kendal this summer so I can definitely let you know! ☺

I’m older than you and whilst I’ve heard of her (she’s massive on Spotify) neither me nor any of our 5 kids (13-28) can name a track 😂

I’ve been to Kendall calling and didn’t like it, it felt a bit like Reading and Leeds lite, there was a death in the campsite (drugs) and lots of blokes pissing against fences.

Have you looked at Deer Shed? Whilst it doesn’t get the big names, it’s very family friendly and the campsites allow you to pre book pitches, I’ve also done Camp Bestival with the kids which was fun but a pain to get to (don’t know what their new site in Shropshire is like)
Oh god, did enough of Reading and Leeds when I was younger 🤣

I’ve actually never heard of Deer Shed and I love visiting North Yorkshire so will check it out. The line up for this year looks good but my baby is 5 months so won’t be doing it until next year 😢

The only good thing about the line up for me is that I told my 24yr old that it would drop at 8am this morning and he said I was an idiot, he’s had to text me grovelling!

I have also worked out looking at last years stage times that they still have to announce 4 Pyramid acts, 9 Other Stage, 6 West Holts, 7 Woodsies and 7 Park.

I have far too much time on my hands
You’re doing the lord’s work 🫡

• Haha