Gizzi Erskine

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
He probably writes some of his own stuff but I guess not everything? They hire someone with a similar style of writing to beef it out

I know, I live him too and was shocked šŸ˜‚

No he does, just not for every word he writes, sure. But a guy who wrote in some of his books. It paid well apparently.
Which books?

Reactions: 1
Iā€™d eat my hat if Nigel slater Employed a ghost writer, a recipe developer maybe to support with the testing of recipes

Reactions: 4
I donā€™t believe a word youā€™re saving.
šŸ˜„šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø suit yourself. Why would I lie? Personally I love Nigel Slater and have a couple of his Kitchen Diaries. He was a mate of an ex and honestly, I was shook.

I think all this started because we were saying about how ghostwriting is common in the cookery book world. It is., and personally I donā€™t really think itā€™s a big deal if they are still Involved to some degree.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Since cookery books are such big business, and some people churn out two or three a year sometimes (see you Jamie Oliver) I have no doubt there are ghostwriters, especially when a writers style has been established and they have more money to employ them. Jamie has always acknowledged the large team of recipe testers who turn his ideas into consistent recipes. Nigella definitely wrote her earlier ones, as she was a journalist rather than a chef, but maybe later ones have been collaborated. When people have tv shows and other businesses, that takes a lot of time.

Reactions: 9
All this talk of ghostwriting makes me think of that film with Ewan McGregor and Pierce Brosnan.

Maybe Ewan McGregor wrote Nigelā€™s books.

šŸ˜Ž

• Haha
Reactions: 4
A83ED7D6-BBF4-4EBB-A2EA-610E737BB258.png

As annoying as Gizzi is sheā€™s also one of my favourite people to hate follow because she just has zero self awareness and canā€™t even see what a raving narcissist she is šŸ˜‚ comments like this crack me up. Iā€™m all for self love but who in their right mind announces to everyone they are funny and attractive like this? Also managed to reference how broken and special she is. Oh please Gizziā€¦ give it a restā€¦

• Haha
Reactions: 20
View attachment 1323670
As annoying as Gizzi is sheā€™s also one of my favourite people to hate follow because she just has zero self awareness and canā€™t even see what a raving narcissist she is šŸ˜‚ comments like this crack me up. Iā€™m all for self love but who in their right mind announces to everyone they are funny and attractive like this? Also managed to reference how broken and special she is. Oh please Gizziā€¦ give it a restā€¦
Sheā€™s obsessed with herself! I couldnā€™t believe this when I read it

• Haha
Reactions: 15
WTAF. Who thinks this about themselves?

I mean I send funny memes so I make Mrs T laugh but they arenā€™t my memes.

She is also playing into the ugly duckling syndrome which I think is horrific. People who werenā€™t viewed as attractive in the mainstream sense as teenagers should not be led to think that they will grow into beautiful ā€œswansā€ with their fantastic personalities because they were ostracised when they were younger. Why does attractiveness matter anyway?

This story just shows her shallow ideas of self.

• Heart
She is also playing into the ugly duckling syndrome which I think is horrific. People who werenā€™t viewed as attractive in the mainstream sense as teenagers should not be led to think that they will grow into beautiful ā€œswansā€ with their fantastic personalities because they were ostracised when they were younger. Why does attractiveness matter anyway?

This story just shows her shallow ideas of self.
I couldnā€™t agree more with everything you said. She is so shallow and puts so much worth in prettiness. Which is ultimately her downfall as we often say on here. She just comes across as a very ugly soul.

Reactions: 3
Has she ever addressed the lip filler in her upper lip?
In the sense that she denies it? Then yes absolutely.

Itā€™s so stupid. You can easily see sheā€™s had it done by looking at any old pic of her.

Taylor Lashae has a bigger top lip šŸ¤£ (single white female alert)

Reactions: 5
How does she fund her lifestyle? I know about her dad but thought sheā€™d said his death resulted in the family becoming poor. Every day she uploads hundreds of pounds worth of restaurant food, surely fronting a few ch4 shows in the 00s doesnā€™t set you up for life like this? šŸ˜³

How does she fund her lifestyle? I know about her dad but thought sheā€™d said his death resulted in the family becoming poor. Every day she uploads hundreds of pounds worth of restaurant food, surely fronting a few ch4 shows in the 00s doesnā€™t set you up for life like this? šŸ˜³
Well a lot of those meals we can safely assume are gifted. A lot of them are her going to openings etc. To some she may still be seen as a recognisable enough name to be worth inviting to ā€œreviewā€ ie. post pictures on Instagram. She also has friends in the restaurant/critic/chef circle who often want a plus one to their expensed meals. Also the issues with her family definitely didnā€™t make her as poor as she makes out. Sheā€™s the type that likes to cosplay poor. She owns a mews house in Dalston.

Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.