Gizzi Erskine

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A89FF95D-8AB1-430C-AFE4-671833571ED3.png

This bit was the most inappropriate and narc like for me. It’s not about you Gizzi! Don’t make it about you either. Literally a funeral for a person you knew, and you’ve dressed in what looks like an Ann summers maid outfit.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
When you hear of celebrities not knowing how to act at funerals and taking selfies you thing of really young stupid ones - not ones in their 40s

Reactions: 5
Let alone taking photos of herself, I think sharing the service booklet everywhere was distasteful. I'd hate that if I was one of his relatives.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Let alone taking photos of herself, I think sharing the service booklet everywhere was distasteful. I'd hate that if I was one of his relatives.
100% and the fact she’s never mentioned the guy before makes you wonder how close they even were, particularly recently. I’m sure she’d be sharing with everyone if she was visiting a friend who was terminally ill. Also if you’re genuinely upset the last thing you’d do is player it all over social media like that.

• Angry
Reactions: 5
When you hear of celebrities not knowing how to act at funerals and taking selfies you thing of really young stupid ones - not ones in their 40s

The problem with Grizelda is that I don't think she's really ever come to terms with aging. So she (mentally at least) still 'thinks' shes this your svelte like thing who's so fragile and young. Whereas shes a woman in her 40s and she needs to just embrace it. Aging is a privilege that's denied to so many.

(Edited for spelling cause I've got a new phone and it's a massive bastard and I've got tiny hands 🤣🤣)

Loving finding this - I do use Tattle but didn’t realise Gizzi had a thread.
I suddenly remembered the whole Elly Pear “single white female” thing and googled to see if there was anything about it, hence finding this.

Also interested to see Martha de Lacey mentioned, I know her IRL but didn’t realise the extent of her insta fame!

Reactions: 4
Loving finding this - I do use Tattle but didn’t realise Gizzi had a thread.
I suddenly remembered the whole Elly Pear “single white female” thing and googled to see if there was anything about it, hence finding this.

Also interested to see Martha de Lacey mentioned, I know her IRL but didn’t realise the extent of her insta fame!
Any good gossip on Martha? She always struck me as your typical person in the food world i.e. wouldn’t be able to sustain her career if she didn’t come from a well-off family.

Reactions: 4
Any good gossip on Martha? She always struck me as your typical person in the food world i.e. wouldn’t be able to sustain her career if she didn’t come from a well-off family.
Don’t know her that well but I think you’re right. Imagine her parents are wealthy, they live in a big house in Notting Hill. I think Martha bought and then extended her place in East London a while ago so has probably done well out of that.

She worked for the Daily Mail for a while but then gave it up to do the food stuff.
She is a great cook but pretty manic, and quite troubled. Needs a lot of attention and people fawning over her, hence running mad supper clubs and never wanting people to go home. I think it all got a bit much for her though, she was doing 3 sittings a weekend for 25-30 people at the height of it.
She also thrives off travelling and really struggled with lockdowns & restrictions - she’s not good at being alone and being in one place.

She did well out of COVID by monetising her Instagram content and charging a fair whack for it - the recipes were great initially but quality & output has really dwindled, however by charging a hefty fee upfront she was quids in even if people cancelled the monthly subscription.

Not quite sure what’s happening to her now but she’s alluding to lots of health issues and her mental health has taken a real dive. She is a sweet girl deep down but very troubled and unaware of how privileged she is with her multiple foreign holidays and meals out where she orders the whole menu.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
Don’t know her that well but I think you’re right. Imagine her parents are wealthy, they live in a big house in Notting Hill. I think Martha bought and then extended her place in East London a while ago so has probably done well out of that.

She worked for the Daily Mail for a while but then gave it up to do the food stuff.
She is a great cook but pretty manic, and quite troubled. Needs a lot of attention and people fawning over her, hence running mad supper clubs and never wanting people to go home. I think it all got a bit much for her though, she was doing 3 sittings a weekend for 25-30 people at the height of it.
She also thrives off travelling and really struggled with lockdowns & restrictions - she’s not good at being alone and being in one place.

She did well out of COVID by monetising her Instagram content and charging a fair whack for it - the recipes were great initially but quality & output has really dwindled, however by charging a hefty fee upfront she was quids in even if people cancelled the monthly subscription.

Not quite sure what’s happening to her now but she’s alluding to lots of health issues and her mental health has taken a real dive. She is a sweet girl deep down but very troubled and unaware of how privileged she is with her multiple foreign holidays and meals out where she orders the whole menu.
That's Gizzi you're describing there! Is there a factory churning out these Manic Foodie Posh girls or what?!

• Haha
Reactions: 9
That's Gizzi you're describing there! Is there a factory churning out these Manic Foodie Posh girls or what?!
I think these trust fund kids populate the foodie world as it’s so badly paid, most people decide to do something more lucrative instead because needs must.

These foodie ‘jobs’ these people do are basically fun hobbies for people who don’t have to earn a living.

E62CB11D-3C6E-4901-BDA7-ABC62311D8D6.png

“I’d love to say it was my fault” 😄 as if you would you absolute narc

Maybe I’m weird but I always try to get to the airport with loads of spare time just in case.

Boohoo poor Gizzi having to miss her 2nd (probably freebie) holiday in as many months.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Sounds like it was your fault Gizzi. When you get to the airport you should allow enough time for technology to fail you. I print everything out as a backup. Your lack of organisation isn't the fault of BA staff.

Reactions: 18
Also there is no way she couldn’t get another flight to Lisbon this weekend or failing that, to Spain and get the train across. Just get to the airport on time.

Reactions: 10
Someone thought she was so important they would hold the plane. Complete narc.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
How did they double up booking *her* space on the next flight? It wasn't her space if she had to get it as a last minute emergency and it wasn't 'double booked' if someone had already bought the ticket before her. It's just that the next flight was full. Honestly, the entitlement.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.