Gizzi Erskine #2 She's terrified of not being special

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The i have printed an article written by her. However, as far as I can tell she’s been eating out every day for the last week.

Eating out every day is fine (not my thing but whatever).

Being paid to write a newspaper article about being “fat” and struggling to shift weight at the same time as eating out every day (when many of those meals are gifted) is not fine.

Grow the duck up Gizzi.
Excatly. Ridiculous, self pitying, tone deaf article. Archive link here

Reactions: 10
Gizzi: I’ve put on a substantial amount of weight and despite throwing every effort at preventing it, I am losing this battle with my own body

Also Gizzi: Here's my cauli cheese. l just added sausages shaped into meatballs and fried smoked bacon in with the roasted cauliflower before drowning in cheese sauce

Attachments

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 22
That article is the most self absorbed nonsense for a woman of 43. Grow up Gizzi and realise how ridiculous you sound. You were loaned a peloton - how fortunate! Those things are so expensive. You ate high fat keto… yes fats are important in the diet but high fat is going to be hard to work off on a spin bike.

you don’t have to be menopausal for metabolism to slow in late 30s / early 40s and the medication will have had an effect.

Reactions: 18
What a load of utter drivel that article is. She didn’t even do keto - look at 90% of the food she’s posted since the beginning of the year. 🙄🙄🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 10
What a load of utter drivel that article is. She didn’t even do keto - look at 90% of the food she’s posted since the beginning of the year. 🙄🙄🙄
She probably did Keto for one meal, realised it was too much like hard work to keep her carbs below 10% and that it wouldn’t fit with her #gifted lifestyle and gave it up.

Reactions: 4
What a stupid article that is. Surprised that it even got published. So much going on in the world and so many people needing a voice but nope, let’s post a dear diary entry from a chef who doesn’t understand a calorie deficit.

bring back Secret Eaters, I would love a gizzi special where she’s ‘alarmed’ that a say-when pudding isn’t healthy.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
What a stupid article that is. Surprised that it even got published. So much going on in the world and so many people needing a voice but nope, let’s post a dear diary entry from a chef who doesn’t understand a calorie deficit.

bring back Secret Eaters, I would love a gizzi special where she’s ‘alarmed’ that a say-when pudding isn’t healthy.
Bloody loved watching Secret Eaters, would love to see her on it 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 9

Exactly! I liked some parts of it about how “body positivity” has taken over the narrative nowadays, but the fact that she says she’s bounced between diets including “high fat keto” and the south beach diet just show that she isn’t sticking to any kind of deficit and therefore not losing weight.

Reactions: 7
What the actual duck is the point of that article😵💫 She is not on this planet. And then mentioning the meds at the end which (apart from the eating out etc) are obviously adding to the weight gain, the answer is there so why is she scratching her head wondering “why me, poor me” ?!

Reactions: 6
Giving her the space to spout that in a full on print newspaper, with zero input from any dietitian, doctor or proper expert is WILD.

Fine if she wants to have a pouty pity party on Instagram between pictures of extremely calorific foods she is supposedly eating but for them to just stick that out there under their masthead is crazy and cheap.

The woman clearly has issues with self acceptance, eating and her health. These are not uncommon in our society but printing that does nothing but fuel the problem.

Also, love the detail that Peloton only loans you the thing for 3 months. What happens to it afterwards? Does the next influencer get the used, sweaty seat to plonk themselves on? Mmm, no thanks.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I would love somebody to grab every single food picture Gizzi has shared over the past year, show it to her, and then ask her what she's doing exercise wise. Do you know how we know she's not regularly exercising? Because if she was she'd be sharing it on social media like she shares every other facet of her life.

I don't remember a single Peloton post? Or a screenshot of her 'hitting her 10k steps every day'? Or her weight training 'for 45 minutes a day'? Or even swimming? I mean I don't see *every* post and story but I feel like she would have taken us all on her 'keep fit journey?'

The problem with Very Online people is they forget that every single post, story and tag is a receipt.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I would love somebody to grab every single food picture Gizzi has shared over the past year, show it to her, and then ask her what she's doing exercise wise. Do you know how we know she's not regularly exercising? Because if she was she'd be sharing it on social media like she shares every other facet of her life.

I don't remember a single Peloton post? Or a screenshot of her 'hitting her 10k steps every day'? Or her weight training 'for 45 minutes a day'? Or even swimming? I mean I don't see *every* post and story but I feel like she would have taken us all on her 'keep fit journey?'

The problem with Very Online people is they forget that every single post, story and tag is a receipt.
Sorry to sound like a bore and Peloton truther but:
* 45 min daily weight training is just insane and unbelievable. Firstly the Peloton app has a strength intro course, all classes are 10-15 mins and it’s every other day as it’s so important to let your body recover. She’s telling us she’s doing 3-4* those every single day? Ok. 🤡
* She shared a few Peloton snippets on Insta stories but it was always how she was struggling and she was taking beginners classes. That’s absolutely fine and normal and everyone starts somewhere / it’s better than counting yourself out so big ups for trying something new - no shade from me about that at all. But the content she put out is a faaaaar cry from daily 45 minute classes she’s now claiming in the article?
* Re Peloton loaning it to her - I feel like they do that deal with the mattresses in a box where you can return it for 100 days quibble free anyway? So it’s basically that without having to transfer them the money. Imagine they have a lot of returned units floating about so they probably send those out. Would be better if they donated them tbh. To actual worthy causes not the intergenerationally wealthy.

Reactions: 11
Not sure what her peloton user name is if she’s ever posted it but there’s a gizzierskine on there who’s done the grand total of 35 workouts since they got the peloton, last one being in January

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Look at this nonsense on her stories, I mean I completely agree with it but Gizzi is 100% the type of person who definitely does think that any vaguely unpleasant experience is trauma. And since she is a narcissist herself I have no confidence in her ability to spot that trait in others...

Attachments

Reactions: 8
I'm Gizzi's age and also struggling with my body now after putting on a lot of weight (partly medication but mainly comfort eating my way through homeschooling my children during 20/21). Ihave a lot of empathy for her because growing up in the 90s/00s really did do a number on us in terms of what a healthy body is and looks like.
But Gizzi seems stuck in that era and can't see that the language used then and the ideals etc are no longer appropriate.

Enjoy what you eat and own it. Or make some significant changes if you're unhappy. Publishing an article complaining about your body doesn't seem healthy and I'm more surprised it was published tbh.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
The i have printed an article written by her. However, as far as I can tell she’s been eating out every day for the last week.

Eating out every day is fine (not my thing but whatever).

Being paid to write a newspaper article about being “fat” and struggling to shift weight at the same time as eating out every day (when many of those meals are gifted) is not fine.

Grow the duck up Gizzi.
Anyone that reads that article and then looks at her Instagram will quite rightly conclude she is ridiculous.

Why does she keep bleating about her medication being to blame for her weight gain? Because it excuses her self-indulgence and removes her accountability, that’s why. It’s always someone else’s fault. It’s always because of her ADHD and not because, in actuality, she’s just a dick.

It would have been more refreshing for her article to follow the premise of ‘I’m getting older and can’t get away with eating cake and milkshakes and fry ups all week anymore’.
---
She makes out the weight gain is recent and a side effect of her medication (which it may to be to SOME extent) but these pictures from 2019 show she’s been significantly bigger than she was in the 00s for some time:

I always remember these pics because I hadn’t seen her for a few years before these popped up and the change surprised me. Note the pre-filler lips as well…but she’s never had fillers of course. Her lips magically inflated during Covid lockdowns I guess.
---

Absolutely. I can’t figure out if she’s delusional or a liar. How can her boyfriend and friends not give her a reality check? It can be hard to confront narcissists so maybe it’s that.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
She must’ve been reading here from looking at her (smug) Instagram stories. Truth hurts eh. Although she has, of course, twisted most of what’s been said to suit her own narrative. 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Oooh. Love it when they say “someone’s just sent me a link”. When actually they have tattle bookmarked and check it 5 times a day. Hey Gizzi! Truth hurts, right?

• Haha
I love it when people talk about tattle without mentioning tattle. They’re all too scared to link here or mention here, because they don’t want people reading it and potentially agreeing.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.