Gizzi Erskine #2 She's terrified of not being special

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have it on very good authority that the intellectual property was never hers in the first place.
It definitely wasn't based on the Spotify statement - exactly what I expected, Spotify will look to own everything if you want them to pay for you to make something (and it doesn't sound like she even came up with it)
Only a complete cretin wouldn't assume this.

My only thing now is whether she's:
a. an idiot, and didn't read or understand the contract,
or b: she knew full well spotify could do this and is just lying for attention and sympathy as she realises she's going to need a new job soon and needs to start the pr campaign

Either way, the sooner she shuts up about it and gets back to spending hours filtering her photos the better at this point. She fucked up, own it

Reactions: 5
I don't know the legalities, but I'm guessing going around claiming a company stole your intellectual property rights when they didn't, might result in a strongly worded letter from their lawyers

Reactions: 7

get ready to cringe…

- constant hyperbole
- underlines all the famous people are her “great friends”
- described herself as ‘seriously streetwise’
-exhumes dead friend as lever for sympathy (baselessly claiming Spotify might dig up an unearthed episode with Caroline flack)
- weird anecdote about begging Spotify to withdraw episodes which friends were being bullied over (not her responsibility then?)

Her editor was clearly earning their keep over the years…

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Oh Gizzi - you have the thinnest skin of all.

So Sydney and Heydon Prowse sold it to Spotify and asked her along after - so she might not have understood the arrangement, and might not have made that much money… I’m sure it was going to Barbados to do a podcast episode that was her travelling during lockdown… might have that

I don’t think Spotify will air the Caroline flack episode - sounds like they have moved on from their content.

this article is stupid - I think Spotify will issue a cease and desist and it will be taken down sharpish.

• Haha
Reactions: 4

get ready to cringe…

- constant hyperbole
- underlines all the famous people are her “great friends”
- described herself as ‘seriously streetwise’
-exhumes dead friend as lever for sympathy (baselessly claiming Spotify might dig up an unearthed episode with Caroline flack)
- weird anecdote about begging Spotify to withdraw episodes which friends were being bullied over (not her responsibility then?)

Her editor was clearly earning their keep over the years…
-She writes so Jack monroe, she should be better than that.

-Remember when she said the theme tune was written by “a massive musician”, she meant Ian Drury’s son. Such hyperbole.

-“The girls have been chosen because they have a huge social presence with almost 3 million followers between them. Spotify want the hits – they don’t want something highbrow and clever with integrity.” Wow, that’s a bit harsh to the new presenters, also I’d hardly class Gizzi’s version of the show as that…

-“The rights issue here is very complicated” not really, spotify have the rights and you don’t.

So Sydney and Heydon Prowse sold it to Spotify and asked her along after - so she might not have understood the arrangement, and might not have made that much money… I’m sure it was going to Barbados to do a podcast episode that was her travelling during lockdown… might have that

I don’t think Spotify will air the Caroline flack episode - sounds like they have moved on from their content.

this article is stupid - I think Spotify will issue a cease and desist and it will be taken down sharpish.
Absolutely , the thinnest skin ever. Very narc-y

Reactions: 2
Jesus Christ, a 40something woman writing an angsty essay you'd expect from a 16 year old who has been told by their parents that they can't go skiing.

Sydney and I know it’s not the girls’ fault. We have been very clear about this. I also worry about them because at only 22 they are so young. Sydney and I are seriously streetwise.

Why does Gizzi keep referring to two fellow adult women as 'girls'? People have bigger things to worry about; maybe 3 or more years ago more would have paid attention, but I think many are just fatigued from one tantrum to another. Sometimes you just have to fight your own battles without taking it to social media.

Reactions: 6
Wouldn’t be surprised if she released the episode with Caroline one day. You know, when she feels like she’s not getting enough attention

Reactions: 8

If i didn't think she was completely braindead and unable to comprehend basic business deals before reading this post, i am assured of it now.

Also the 'i have so much support from the public' seems a bit at odds with the 14 likes this post has got. Yes, a full 14. Well done Giz.
Can't think why Spotify wanted to replace her for someone more popular....

And, finally, imagine name dropping Gok Wan and Daisy Lowe as though those are some seriously impressive celeb names. 😂
And in 2022 too....

• Haha
I read her essay and at first felt for her, but you guys are right, this is very misguided flailing about in a very public way. Obviously Spotify will have paid for and own the rights, yes, it sucks to be replaced and I agree it’s poor on Spotify’s part to not communicate with them at all. But this is in no way professional behaviour from her (which I see is a regular thing!). She needs better advice and management and legal. Her ‘team’ are failing her, might they just be party people along for the ride Gizzi?

Also, I know one of her exes from years ago and he is happy and sober now. I wish the same for her!

Oh and I’ve been to Love Margate and the food and coffee was great. Agree about the student union vibes though, whoever said that!

Gizzi, you're not streetwise. Your constant stream of failed businesses, bad deals, and failure to read the small print is evidence of that. You are a spoiled, privileged bint- doing a few lines with working-class people does not make one streetwise.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
She is not a writer.

I don’t understand the part about asking Spotify to remove content from a podcast? Which podcast - hers or someone else’s? Does anybody remember which D list celebrity friend of hers was getting trolled over something they said on a podcast?

Reactions: 1
Interesting to see that "BAFTA award winning Heydon" didn't once tweet or post about this 'outrage'. I can only imagine that's because he read the contract.

• Haha
I couldn’t believe she posted that - why is she so delusional these days?! I was so embarrassed for her, even her friends must be cringing (never mind Olivia!)

Reactions: 8
She so wholeheartedly believe that she has the same face as that girl that she not only thinks it, but unnecessarily proclaims it to the world!

Reactions: 2
She so wholeheartedly believe that she has the same face as that girl that she not only thinks it, but unnecessarily proclaims it to the world!
This feels like a level of delusion that's actually reached the 'is she a bit mentally ill' level, when you see the girl she is talking about...

Unless it was all meant to be a joke or something? I didn't see the original story (think she blocked me for gently pointing out that Spotify probably did own the rights to her podcast 😂)

• Haha
This feels like a level of delusion that's actually reached the 'is she a bit mentally ill' level, when you see the girl she is talking about...

Unless it was all meant to be a joke or something? I didn't see the original story (think she blocked me for gently pointing out that Spotify probably did own the rights to her podcast 😂)
I hope it’s a joke because not even her heavily filtered, contorted selfies favourably compare to the other girl. I feel a bit uncomfortable comparing their looks but then I remember, she did it herself…

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.