Gizzi Erskine #2 She's terrified of not being special

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yeah, if it happened to a more sympathetic person I'd be really sad and angry for them, but it's Gizzi, and her tantrums write themselves. I'm not a contract law type, but if anyone is, I'm guessing Gizzi would have to pay pretty penny to take it up with Spotify (that's if she even has a case), hence why she's asking for people to write to them, because historically, that gets results 😁

Reactions: 2
I bet when she signed up to do it she signed over the rights to the name etc and was paid for it and she either got bored or fired so they have taken it forward with new people.

It was cringe anyway tbf

Reactions: 8
She must have created the podcast working with Spotify - they put the money behind it so they own it? Clemmie Telford had a similarish situation where she walked away from her (as far as I can see) quite successful podcast to start a new one with a new name as she'd signed over all the rights to a big company so as it grew she wasn't getting much money out of it.

Still think it would be awful to see something you created being taken over by someone else, but I would bet it's all legal on Spotify's end.

Reactions: 5
It might have been her idea but I can’t think of anything more cringe worthy than a couple of 40 somethings discussing dm slides and behaving like 20 somethings.
Why is behaving like 20 something when you are almost 20 years older seen as some kinda badge of honour. It’s embarrassing.

Reactions: 4
Saying that, I don’t know anything about these new girls and probably shouldn’t judge a book by it’s cover, but I assume the new series is going to be the most mind-numbing, vacuous love island-esque shite! I think it’s a bad look to replace Gizzi and Sydney with two identical blonde influencer 20 somethings.

Reactions: 5
I hope gizzi tried to reach out to Spotify first before posting this, it’s terrible what happened and I’m guessing Spotify are able to completely cover themselves legally, it’s just in extremely bad taste what they done!

The podcast was ok, wasn’t groundbreaking and one season was enough really, but to be basically erased from history and have two girls half your age talk over is very ageist!!!

It's pretty crappy behaviour to sack off two older women and replace them with two younger influencers (who lets face it, were hired for their follower count rather than their broadcasting skills) and deleting all their episodes must be gutting

But Spotify clearly hold the rights to the name - if she was so precious about it, she could have made the podcast herself rather than take the £££ from them in the first place. Surely she would have been aware this was a possibility when she signed with them

Reactions: 9
It's pretty crappy behaviour to sack off two older women and replace them with two younger influencers (who lets face it, were hired for their follower count rather than their broadcasting skills) and deleting all their episodes must be gutting

But Spotify clearly hold the rights to the name - if she was so precious about it, she could have made the podcast herself rather than take the £££ from them in the first place. Surely she would have been aware this was a possibility when she signed with them
Completely this. I can't ever imagine Gizzi putting in the unpaid for work at the start in order for it to actually be hers. Spotify purchased a service from her and now they are replacing her. I would be gutted and furious if I was her, but that's what happens if you accept £££ from Spotify surely.

Reactions: 6
There will always be someone younger, prettier, more relevant and with a larger following when you base your entire career on your looks, your boyfriends, partying and being seen with the right people at the right time with a little bit of cooking thrown in every now and again.
She hasn’t evolved or diversified her work or even established herself as a voice in food and food writing.

I can’t feel an ounce of sympathy for someone who was born with privilege and then squandered opportunity after opportunity.

I have worked with Spotify before re IP law. This idiot has absolutely signed away her rights when she allowed them to pay for it.
Otherwise she would be suing rather than writing an Instagram post about it. Also, Spotify would have insisted they owned this before agreeing to pay for it. They aren't cretins (like her). She's lying for sympathy.

The sound quality of her podcast is rubbish. It doesn't seem expensive. She could EASILY have paid for this herself. She isn't skint.

Deal with the devil and get burned. I don't have an ounce of sympathy for this delusional twit.

Reactions: 9
I have worked with Spotify before re IP law. This idiot has absolutely signed away her rights when she allowed them to pay for it.
Otherwise she would be suing rather than writing an Instagram post about it. Also, Spotify would have insisted they owned this before agreeing to pay for it. They aren't cretins (like her). She's lying for sympathy.

The sound quality of her podcast is rubbish. It doesn't seem expensive. She could EASILY have paid for this herself. She isn't skint.

Deal with the devil and get burned. I don't have an ounce of sympathy for this delusional twit.

It's quite likely that she got bored, and behaved in a flakey manner. Spotify saw the writing on the wall. Erskine has a bad rep for starting and failing to follow through (unless it's a line of coke)

• Haha
Completely this. I can't ever imagine Gizzi putting in the unpaid for work at the start in order for it to actually be hers. Spotify purchased a service from her and now they are replacing her. I would be gutted and furious if I was her, but that's what happens if you accept £££ from Spotify surely.
Exactly, that’s showbiz! I imagine Spotify provided the studio, producers and they own the distribution and Gizzi would have had a contract to sign. Her agent should have flagged all of this with her. I don’t think what Spotify has done is right and I do think it’s ageist but for Gizzi to align this to the countless small brands, designers etc that do have their ideas and products ripped off by big brands isn’t right.
It’s her ego that’s hurt, and that is absolutely fine, I’d be upset too, so just admit it. It’s not her core business, it was a little side hustle and I fully bet she and Sydney would have thought it terribly hilarious that they were getting paid to rock up to a studio and chat to their mates etc and get paid for it. Well, that gravy train has left the station.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
C5549FCA-AEAB-4B16-B93C-BEDF49A9B06A.jpeg

Yep, we called it. She clearly signed it over, in fact it looks like Spotify may have paid them to come up with a name and format? She seems to know this but is clearly just attention seeking and trying to create a scandal.

All the outraged people in the comments come across as very naive

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I have it on very good authority that the intellectual property was never hers in the first place.

• Wow
Not surprised - she’s too lazy

she goes on about being a grafter but she quits everything she does

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.