Girls Aloud #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes I’m probably going to get flamed by Irish tattlers as the history is difficult but some Irish brands are being very petty 🙄 can’t believe Heinz Ireland replied like this! Off topic I know :)
Wow, I hadn't seen that.

I have to say, the conduct of corporate Twitter accounts, who are most likely run by 20 year old interns with no manners, fixated on getting likes through “banter” posts, leaves a lot to be desired.

I saw Ryanair this week actually taking the piss out of a customer who’d tweeted a complaint.

As for Nadine, I’m not too bothered that she stayed quiet. Better that than be insincere.

Reactions: 4
are we gonna get anything for the 20th anniversary? not expecting a reunion but maybe unreleased songs? 🙏

Reactions: 2
are we gonna get anything for the 20th anniversary? not expecting a reunion but maybe unreleased songs? 🙏
I've been thinking a lot about it too, I was hoping for all the songs from the vaults - maybe a charity album? All proceeds to go to The Christie Charity. It's so heartbreaking that in the last year they could have discussing what it could have been, just incase.

Reactions: 3
Nah, nobody 'has' to say anything about anything if they don't want to. Half of these tributes to HRH are (IMVHO) performative bullshit. If Nadine doesn't want to comment then she shouldn't. I think people get their knickers in far too tight a knot about tributes on social media when people die.

Reactions: 19
Nah, nobody 'has' to say anything about anything if they don't want to. Half of these tributes to HRH are (IMVHO) performative bullshit. If Nadine doesn't want to comment then she shouldn't. I think people get their knickers in far too tight a knot about tributes on social media when people die.
Agree completely, Nadine strikes me as a pretty genuine person, I'd rather she say nothing. Maybe it's because of her cultural background (NI Catholic, identifies as Irish), maybe it's because she doesn't want stick from other folk in NI, or maybe she just isn't that bothered, which many people feel like imo.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I agree. It's making me sick. I can't blame Nadine. At least she's staying true to her beliefs

Reactions: 5
To be honest I’m sad about the Queen and like the monarchy but I haven’t posted anything on social media :) Being Irish I doubt it has as much resonance, but maybe she’s not so performative

Reactions: 7
To be honest I’m sad about the Queen and like the monarchy but I haven’t posted anything on social media :) Being Irish I doubt it has as much resonance, but maybe she’s not so performative
I'm half Irish half English and tbh I don't feel personally affected in an emotional way. It's interesting seeing the end of an era and it's sad for her family, but personally I don't feel an emotional connection to the Royals.

Reactions: 6
I think it’s mad how Kim was picked to go on Popstars when someone dropped out

Nicola should’ve been picked before Kim in my opinion

I think it’s mad how Kim was picked to go on Popstars when someone dropped out

Nicola should’ve been picked before Kim in my opinion
It always blows my mind how neither Kim nor Nicola made it into the original final 10. We’d have seen a really different band.

Reactions: 5
I do think if neither of them had made the top 10 Aimee would have made the band and I really think that she would have been the break out star

I do think if neither of them had made the top 10 Aimee would have made the band and I really think that she would have been the break out star
Of the Clea girls Aimee was the standout in terms of charisma and voice IMO.
Lindsay, Chloe, Emma - no offence to them, but for me they didn't stand out. In fairness I did think the same about Kimberley, she was my least favourite GA member.

Then there was Javine - great voice but came across as a bit hard faced - she got some bad publicity later on for an affair with MC Harvey while he was married to Alesha Dixon - not sure if she'd have gelled with the personalities in Girls Aloud. Reminded me a bit of Kym Marsh in Popstars, I think Javine would have left for a solo career

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.