Girls Aloud #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Agreed. She was absolutely the most famous due to Ashley Cole and Will.
Tbh I always got the impression that Will piggybacked on her fame in the UK and managed to get himself a job on the Voice and a somewhat successful solo career (at least in the UK in the 2010s) from it. Any time he was interviewed he was always asked about her. He produced three or four songs on her first two albums but wasn't involved in any of her biggest hits. He invited her to be the opening act on the Black Eyed Peas tour for the leg in Europe but that was at the peak of her popularity when she probably could've sold out every arena in the UK two or three times over if she wanted. And when he got involved managing her in 2012 she ended up sacking him about 18 months later and signing with Modest. To me he got a lot more out of it than her.

I agree with you about Ashley though

Reactions: 2
Does anyone know where Nicolas bag is from ?!

but there’s a lot of similar versions out there at a much lower price!

but there’s a lot of similar versions out there at a much lower price!
Thank you ! I will definitely be searching for a dupe 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Tbh I always got the impression that Will piggybacked on her fame in the UK and managed to get himself a job on the Voice and a somewhat successful solo career (at least in the UK in the 2010s) from it. Any time he was interviewed he was always asked about her. He produced three or four songs on her first two albums but wasn't involved in any of her biggest hits. He invited her to be the opening act on the Black Eyed Peas tour for the leg in Europe but that was at the peak of her popularity when she probably could've sold out every arena in the UK two or three times over if she wanted. And when he got involved managing her in 2012 she ended up sacking him about 18 months later and signing with Modest. To me he got a lot more out of it than her.

She was on the x factor from 2008 which is before she did the duet with Will- can’t remember if Will was involved in that passions of girls aloud thing when she did the street dance? :)

She was on the x factor from 2008 which is before she did the duet with Will- can’t remember if Will was involved in that passions of girls aloud thing when she did the street dance? :)
She learnt street dance to appear in Will's video, then he invited her to sing on the remix of Heartbreaker as well. The version featuring her came out in May 2008 and her popularity made it his highest charting song in the UK from that album. She got announced as the new X Factor judge in June

Yeah, I think people had a lot of sympathy for her. And she also brought empathy and a kinder approach to X Factor for the first time which made her likeable.

Why did she sack Will?

Why did she sack Will?
She originally hired him and his team in 2011 to help her break the US, then she obviously got sacked from US X Factor. The only project they ended up overseeing was her third solo album in 2012 - she kept them around for it because she/her UK label were still considering releasing some of her music in the US and there was some talk about her returning to the US X Factor since she was under contract for two seasons. When none of that materialised she went back to just focusing on the UK, and Modest at the time were the best agency for that.

I always got the impression that they stopped speaking after that. There was a cringeworthy moment where she called him while he was live on The Voice at the start of 2014, but they didn't collaborate again on any music or TV projects. In 2017 he was asked if Cheryl had given birth and he didn't know and just gave a vague answer.

She originally hired him and his team in 2011 to help her break the US, then she obviously got sacked from US X Factor. The only project they ended up overseeing was her third solo album in 2012 - she kept them around for it because she/her UK label were still considering releasing some of her music in the US and there was some talk about her returning to the US X Factor since she was under contract for two seasons. When none of that materialised she went back to just focusing on the UK, and Modest at the time were the best agency for that.

I always got the impression that they stopped speaking after that. There was a cringeworthy moment where she called him while he was live on The Voice at the start of 2014, but they didn't collaborate again on any music or TV projects. In 2017 he was asked if Cheryl had given birth and he didn't know and just gave a vague answer.

Thank you. I remember quite a lot but not the timeline. I always felt like he was in love with her and she turned him down. Prob no truth in it but that's the vibes I got. On a separate note Will's diary of a ceo episode was fantastic.

Reactions: 5
Thank you. I remember quite a lot but not the timeline. I always felt like he was in love with her and she turned him down. Prob no truth in it but that's the vibes I got. On a separate note Will's diary of a ceo episode was fantastic.
I got this vibe too! That he was so into her and she just wasn’t.

I seem to remember reading that he went off in a huff because she turned him down 🤣. No idea if true but I definitely remember a "omg Cheryl turned down Will!!" rumour 🤣🤣

Reactions: 3
Queen Nadine is getting an Irish Post award

Let's be honest, this is the reason she got fired from US X Factor -
View attachment 2513230
The fact she left the house like this probably signifies her mental state tbh. She'd just survived malaria, went through a divorce, had death threats on XF, and whatever other controversies there were that year. She definitely wasn't in the right headspace to try to charge ahead with her career

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.