Geordie Shore

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I agree. I always feel uncomfortable when I watch season 2 with Rebecca. She had done nothing but walk in. The next girl to come in was Marnie and being Sophie’s cousin she didn’t start...straight away. She picked on her on her last season when she was made the new team leader (Sophie obviously had already left). Nasty
Ah I forgot how nasty she was towards Marnie too. Do any of the girls still talk to Vicky?

Reactions: 1
Nathan is actually 29 which surprised me a lot considering I could’ve sworn he was a lot younger. Most of the current cast are closer to 30 than they are 20 in general.

They should’ve put the show to rest a long time ago (BB would’ve been a good time to wrap it up) or started a “next generation” spin-off with a completely new and younger cast.
Omg can't believe Nathan is 29. I'm not saying that's crazy old or anything, but i feel at almost 30 years old you are pushing it a little bit still being on Geordie shore acting like you're still 19. They definitely need a revamp, new younger cast. Or just cancel the whole show, its really had its day now.

Reactions: 3
I think it’s a bit desperate that James is still on it, I said it previously! There’s nothing wrong with still going out at thirty and having a night out but it’s completely different going out every few weeks on a Saturday to going out every night when your 19/20.

I’m 30 so I’m a similar age to all of the original cast members which is why I agree with a lot of what others have said - start again with fresh, unknown cast (I probably wouldn’t watch as they would seem a lot younger than me now) and then carry on with Geordie OG as that is real life, the difference in ten years is that we all do grow up, change careers, meet someone, people have kids get married so that feels more relatable for me personally seeing them all after that and not talking about necking birds like James does it’s so cringe and a little bit creepy!

Reactions: 9
They went from having an average of a million viewers in their peak in Season 12 to less than a 300k average the last two seasons. If corona isn’t the nail in the coffin, I honestly think it’ll take a massive scandal for them to finally axe it.

Reactions: 7
I think it’s a bit desperate that James is still on it, I said it previously! There’s nothing wrong with still going out at thirty and having a night out but it’s completely different going out every few weeks on a Saturday to going out every night when your 19/20.

I’m 30 so I’m a similar age to all of the original cast members which is why I agree with a lot of what others have said - start again with fresh, unknown cast (I probably wouldn’t watch as they would seem a lot younger than me now) and then carry on with Geordie OG as that is real life, the difference in ten years is that we all do grow up, change careers, meet someone, people have kids get married so that feels more relatable for me personally seeing them all after that and not talking about necking birds like James does it’s so cringe and a little bit creepy!
Completely agree, I'm 31 and wouldn't watch it nowadays but love catching up on the ogs!
James is so cringe, I can't think of anything worse at our age then chasing after 19 year olds and getting pissed every night.
Mainly because now my hangovers last 3 days 🤣🤣

Reactions: 6
I'm interested to know if anyone has ever been out in a club whilst they were filming a GS night out.. Like is it really how they show it on TV, do the guys really go on the hunt for girls to pull? Do they allow people in their VIP area to take pics etc? Because obviously people would know who they are.. I've always wondered this every time I watch them and they are in a club 😂
it’s changed a lot.. when I was 18/19 GS was in its prime and clubs would swarm with people because they were filming there. They would go on the pull looking for people but it was quite strict to go back if that makes sense?
Now anyone was a youngin when GS first took off wouldn’t be seen dead in half the places they go 😂 they go to student nights quite a lot to get the attention of youngins Who aren’t from Newcastle. A lot of bars cut affiliation with them after the earlier days cos of the mess they would make.

Reactions: 3
it’s changed a lot.. when I was 18/19 GS was in its prime and clubs would swarm with people because they were filming there. They would go on the pull looking for people but it was quite strict to go back if that makes sense?
Now anyone was a youngin when GS first took off wouldn’t be seen dead in half the places they go 😂 they go to student nights quite a lot to get the attention of youngins Who aren’t from Newcastle. A lot of bars cut affiliation with them after the earlier days cos of the mess they would make.
iirc the producers would scout girls in the club and make them sign NDAs to appear on the show.

Reactions: 2
iirc the producers would scout girls in the club and make them sign NDAs to appear on the show.
yeah, you had to give them your ID and all your details, they would check it over and you had to sign to say you weren’t too drunk to go back for a shag 😂 too much effort if you ask me 😂
Similar sort of thing for the house parties... mad how much the show has changed over the years

Reactions: 4
I always hated how much they glorified Vicky as the queen of the house. The way she treated Holly and Rebecca in the first few seasons was disgusting. Was happy to see her leave.
Vicky is awful. She portrays this image now totally forgetting how awful she was on Geordie shore. However the most unlikeable thing for me is how she doesn’t acknowledge Geordie shore for the platform it gave her

Reactions: 10
I always hated how much they glorified Vicky as the queen of the house. The way she treated Holly and Rebecca in the first few seasons was disgusting. Was happy to see her leave.
She manipulated Sophie and Charlotte into alienating Rebecca & ensured everyone made her feel uncomfortable. They completely left her out while on a trip away. I don't know if anyone remembers the episode but on the bus home with no warning approached Rebecca to be her knight in shining armour, leaving everyone baffled and looking like the bad guys. Not once did she admit to being at the route of it.

Reactions: 13
I'm rewatching the Cancun series and my god you can tell how much happier Rebecca is when Vicky stormed off after the errand Chris made her and Holly go on.

She manipulated Sophie and Charlotte into alienating Rebecca & ensured everyone made her feel uncomfortable. They completely left her out while on a trip away. I don't know if anyone remembers the episode but on the bus home with no warning approached Rebecca to be her knight in shining armour, leaving everyone baffled and looking like the bad guys. Not once did she admit to being at the route of it.
I remember that episode. And she’s crying uncontrollably back at the hotel after that night out. Vicky is evil. Rebecca done nothing wrong and to make matters worse is she was only 18, same as Holly or around and Vicky must have been about 25.

Reactions: 6
She’s the most manipulative person. I remember that series she was arguing with holly and said something like ive never said a bad word about you (literally the worst person to her in season 1) then threw everyone else under the bus. Same with Joel.
I can’t believe how toxic she was wasn’t picked up on more.

Reactions: 8
I remember that episode. And she’s crying uncontrollably back at the hotel after that night out. Vicky is evil. Rebecca done nothing wrong and to make matters worse is she was only 18, same as Holly or around and Vicky must have been about 25.
Yeah, Holly approached them in the other room to tell them how Rebecca was feeling. Vicky made the decision that no one was to speaj to Rebecca & leave her feeling that way. She has a cheek to "hit back at trolls".

She’s the most manipulative person. I remember that series she was arguing with holly and said something like ive never said a bad word about you (literally the worst person to her in season 1) then threw everyone else under the bus. Same with Joel.
I can’t believe how toxic she was wasn’t picked up on more.
I've always thought she hated Joel because she secretly wanted him to fancy her 😂
I love the episodes Joel's on.

I love how much they were all told to hate Joel those first few seasons he was around. Jokes on them cause him and Sophie had a more successful relationship than pretty much everyone else on the show.

Reactions: 4
I love how much they were all told to hate Joel those first few seasons he was around. Jokes on them cause him and Sophie had a more successful relationship than pretty much everyone else on the show.
The episodes were much more light hearted when he was on as he was always so merry and smiling 😁
I remember Scott slagging him off, made some rubbish joke about him not being able to dj. Jokes on you now Scott 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Ha ha ha Joel’s had a number one and Scotty bleeping T is still haunting around tup tup or wherever looking for odd jobs 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.