Gender Discussions #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m only going by my knowledge of this from what a celebrity big brother housemate said who was a drag act, but ‘tucking’ involves taping the genitals up and out of the way to appear like it isn’t there and can be painful ..surely that is NOT something a growing boy should be doing or being encouraged to
The website says that with this underwear/swimwear boys won't need to "tuck." That's a good thing, but still, it is frightening that parents encourage this for very young children (not to mention that it's a way boys could pass unnoticed among girls)

• Sad
Reactions: 8
Good for Emma Portner, even thought it was "Elliot" who filed for the divorce

I was expecting this, but not so soon! I just hope Emma doesn't get harrassed for it.

It can't help having the world watching your relationship like that.

Reactions: 10
i've just remembered that i used to attend a class with a 5 or 4 year old child who i was informed was a trans boy. lovely kid and we played together loads but it confused me how this little, tiny child could be so certain of something. they talked like a baby, they acted like a baby and they played with me like a baby. it felt like this child was their (trying to be hippie parents) 'experiment' child. in comparison to their other girl, this one's hair was dyed etc and it just made me sad that this baby was being told they were no longer a girl presumably bc they'd expressed an interest in batman and boy's toys.

• Sad
Reactions: 15
i've just remembered that i used to attend a class with a 5 or 4 year old child who i was informed was a trans boy. lovely kid and we played together loads but it confused me how this little, tiny child could be so certain of something. they talked like a baby, they acted like a baby and they played with me like a baby. it felt like this child was their (trying to be hippie parents) 'experiment' child. in comparison to their other girl, this one's hair was dyed etc and it just made me sad that this baby was being told they were no longer a girl presumably bc they'd expressed an interest in batman and boy's toys.
At that young age I do wonder too. I personally cannot remember more than a handful of memories from 5 or younger. That's not to say noone can but I certainly had no understanding.

Reactions: 5
I’m not surprised, the only thing I’m surprised about is that it wasn’t the other way round. Maybe it was announced this way in order to save Emma from harassment although that is pure speculation on my part.

• Heart
At that young age I do wonder too. I personally cannot remember more than a handful of memories from 5 or younger. That's not to say noone can but I certainly had no understanding.
neither did i! i would have had no idea what any of those things meant.

Reactions: 3
A while ago, I saw a Twitter thread in support of allowing transwomen into women's facilities. One person responded to say their five-year-old trans "daughter" (i.e. a boy) had felt intimidated because, when changing for a swimming lesson at school, a teacher had stood guard over the girls' changing room and wouldn't let him in. Perhaps the teacher could have handled this with a bit more sensitivity to the child, but still: five and is being told he's really a girl? It's upsetting

• Sad
I have a three year old and a five year old. They don’t know anything. Children are so impressionable. There is a reason they need to be looked after and have decisions made for them by their parents/guardians.

• Sad
Reactions: 14
My family think themselves quite liberal but ever since my nephew (now almost three) started walking and talking, pretty much everything he's done has been taken as "wow, he's so rough and tough, he's going to be a real little bloke." He likes to shout, run around, hit things, etc. because he is a toddler. He's exploring the world! That is normal for a child his age! He is fond of his nursery teacher and that means "he has a crush on her" ... nothing to do with her being a nice lady that takes care of him when his Mummy isn't around. My niece is only a month old and already she is "a real little girlie-girl" because she's easygoing and doesn't cry much. When people think like this I can kind of see how it might get warped into the belief that if a child doesn't conform to gender stereotypes he or she must really be the opposite sex ... it's worrying but true

Reactions: 17
My family think themselves quite liberal but ever since my nephew (now almost three) started walking and talking, pretty much everything he's done has been taken as "wow, he's so rough and tough, he's going to be a real little bloke." He likes to shout, run around, hit things, etc. because he is a toddler. He's exploring the world! That is normal for a child his age! He is fond of his nursery teacher and that means "he has a crush on her" ... nothing to do with her being a nice lady that takes care of him when his Mummy isn't around. My niece is only a month old and already she is "a real little girlie-girl" because she's easygoing and doesn't cry much. When people think like this I can kind of see how it might get warped into the belief that if a child doesn't conform to gender stereotypes he or she must really be the opposite sex ... it's worrying but true
I understand completely what you mean *except* thinking that the child must be the opposite sex wasn’t “true” until only fairly recently since the whole gender thing has been aggressively pushed. Those billionaire donors don’t play around, as evidenced by Joe Biden’s recent announcement.

Reactions: 6
I understand completely what you mean *except* thinking that the child must be the opposite sex wasn’t “true” until only fairly recently since the whole gender thing has been aggressively pushed. Those billionaire donors don’t play around, as evidenced by Joe Biden’s recent announcement.
I agree, it encourages the idea that being gender nonconforming or expressing a desire to be a boy/girl means the child really is one; especially when it's so often presented as "who they really were all along"

Reactions: 5
The fox beating QC mansplains feminism and claims he is happy with "my feminism"

Hate to break it to you mate but feminism is for women

And what's damaging to feminism is pricks like you telling women they're bigots and full of hate for rejecting this ridiculous, damaging, dangerous, homophobic, sexist ideology

Reactions: 11
The fox beating QC mansplains feminism and claims he is happy with "my feminism"

And what's damaging to feminism is pricks like you telling women they're bigots and full of hate for rejecting this ridiculous, damaging, dangerous, homophobic, sexist ideology
Makes my blood boil - they have no place in dictating to me what is and isn’t threatening to my personal sex and rights.

Reactions: 12
They are such trolls! I wish people would just ignore them. They crave attention and reaction and know exactly how to get it

• Heart
Pinocchio and Psycho Fox Killer preaching about being such great feminists again. God I wish they’d bore off. It’s so obvious what odious little misogynists they are.

• Heart

Urgggghhhh love how he omits the fact that he also shares his ideology with MRAs, homophobes, racists, women-haters and autogynophiles.
Also the way he calls them "anti-abortionist" really doesn't help the fact that that side always claims we're "pro-abortion". He should just stfu, he's helping no one

Last edited:
Owen Jones thinking he gets to say what is or isn't misogyny over the voices of women = peak misogyny. Same with Fox Killer QC and 'my feminism'. Both just too bloody thick to see it.
Also one of the women Jones is referring to is black lesbian barrister Allison Bailey, which says it all tbh.

Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.