Gender Discussions #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Pelosi is quite pro-trans lobby I believe.
Trump repealed Obama's mixed bathroom mandate, which was territory Obama and the Democrats never needed to get involved in, particularly in an election year like 2016. Obama maybe thought the whole world held the opinions of Twitter, but out with that lunatic asylum his edict wasn't particularly well received. Not going by the comments sections of even left leaning media, it wasn't.

But Trump repealing it meant it had to be a bad thing, never mind that it was never popular, so it was spun into yet another example of bigotry from Orange Man from the media in 2017. Just omitting from the story that federal law and the Equal Protection Clause of the U.S. Constitution already protects trans students from discrimination.

Problem for advocates of this horse-fuckery though, seems to be that the current laws make reference to "sex" not "gender identity" or "who you think you are", so using sexual organs as an identifier doesn't go far enough - because that excludes the 18st hairy-arsed guy in a dress who says he's a woman this week, and he should have the right to use the women's toilets and changing rooms as well.

I heard a podcast from some comedian at the time, I forget who, who made the point that facilities should just be labelled "For people with a dick" and "People without a dick" and that would clear things up.

Reactions: 7
I heard a podcast from some comedian at the time, I forget who, who made the point that facilities should just be labelled "For people with a dick" and "People without a dick" and that would clear things up.
And they'd still come back with "not all trans women have a dick!"

Reactions: 6
There would be tweets, memes and missives about lady dicks not being the same as man dicks. Basically, any excuse to use the non-dick bathrooms.

Ugh, I’m so despairing of the Biden stuff. And as much as I know Twitter isn’t representative of real life, the fact that it was full of people crowing about “LOL TERFs, suck it witches” to the extent “TERFs” was actually trending, says a lot. Any excuse to hate women. The violent misogyny of it all. And it’s not only socially acceptable, it’s celebrated.

Reactions: 6
There would be tweets, memes and missives about lady dicks not being the same as man dicks. Basically, any excuse to use the non-dick bathrooms.

Ugh, I’m so despairing of the Biden stuff. And as much as I know Twitter isn’t representative of real life, the fact that it was full of people crowing about “LOL TERFs, suck it witches” to the extent “TERFs” was actually trending, says a lot. Any excuse to hate women. The violent misogyny of it all. And it’s not only socially acceptable, it’s celebrated.
Again those talking like that did not listen to Biden's inauguration speech - or if they did, didn't think it pertained to themselves. Someone might be a nazi, or hold racist views, but shouting at them, deleting them off your facebook, shaming them etc doesn't persuade them as to why their views are wrong. True, once someone has completely given their minds of a cult like Trump/QAnon, there's only so much you can do but you can at least keep the door open so once they start having doubts that they have somewhere to go back to rather than being stuck in the cult.

Meghan Phelps from the Westboro Baptist Church wasn't convinced by people yelling at her or laughing at her on Twitter - she was de-radicalised by people being nice to her.

• Heart
No doubt, but I think they were coming from the angle of a verifiable physical attribute, rather than a concept, which being a woman is now apparently.

So you can identify as a woman - or a fox or a squirrel or whatever - but the bathrooms are segregated on the binary (no pun intended) issue of having a dick or not, regardless of what you identify as. So if you're man who thinks he's a woman, and thus wants to use the woman's bathroom, this is irrelevant as bathrooms aren't divided for men/women, but on dick owners/non-dick owners, and you can't identify as owning a dick if you don't.

But that's applying logic, something woke-ists need a safe space from.

Reactions: 3
Not defending him as such, I just think he has a team of people around him pushing an agenda and he's going along with it. I'm very worried about what's happening in the US
Yeah, I think the status quo for the Dems now is that you have to be fully on board with pro-trans stuff. Same goes for left wing parties everywhere It feels like? I feel a bit rudderless really. I hold lots of left wing values, but they aren't necessarily reflected with the woke identity politics version of left wing we see today!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Yeah, I think the status quo for the Dems now is that you have to be fully on board with pro-trans stuff. Same goes for left wing parties everywhere It feels like? I feel a bit rudderless really. I hold lots of left wing values, but they aren't necessarily reflected with the woke identity politics version of left wing we see today!
I've mostly jumped ship to the other side or at least the center, not just because of the trans stuff either, I just can't relate to the woke left

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I saw a story that I thought was hilarious. Personal care services were closed here but dog groomers could be opened. Well one hair salon, said they were rebranding and opening as a dog grooming salon "since people can identify as whatever they want these days" so now the clients "identify as dogs." They also started selling dog products 😂

• Haha
I've mostly jumped ship to the other side or at least the center, not just because of the trans stuff either, I just can't relate to the woke left
I would definitely still see myself as left of centre both socially and economically. I believe in high taxation and decent public services, equal rights, democracy, free press, preparing for and trying to alleviate global warming. Just because people on the far left think that anything minutely to the right of them means you're a nazi doesn't make me a nazi.

The woke thing tires me out too as many of my friends are ardently trying to be as woke as possible. I tend to find that my wokiest friends are the ones most guilty of not-woke actions (wokeness is against performative protest/allyship and these are the most performative people on my feed!).

I remember when the blackout Tuesday thing was going on, I decided personally I didn't want to participate because I felt it was performative and virtue signalling, didn't actually do anything and when it came right round it'd turn out that it would was the wrong thing to do. Then all my friends started posting black squares and I got worried that if I didn't people would think I was racist. I worried if someone posted with something like 'I'm side-eyeing those who aren't saying they're against racism today.' But then I noticed that my friends who were one level up on the woke scales started sharing blackout tuesday posts that explained how they were doing the campaign 'right' because they were sharing a black square alongside places you could donate or volunteer with. Then my friends who were top tier woke shared how they weren't doing it at all because (like I had decided myself), it was performative, largely useless, and filled up the BLM hastags with useless black squares. Now maybe I was the wokiest of them all by not performing how woke I was by simply coming to a personal understanding and not having to broadcast my virtue. Or maybe I was the least woke because I was silent and white silence=violence.

I think this is the problem with woke-theory is that it becomes very difficult not to end up in a double bind.

Reactions: 16
I would definitely still see myself as left of centre both socially and economically. I believe in high taxation and decent public services, equal rights, democracy, free press, preparing for and trying to alleviate global warming. Just because people on the far left think that anything minutely to the right of them means you're a nazi doesn't make me a nazi.

The woke thing tires me out too as many of my friends are ardently trying to be as woke as possible. I tend to find that my wokiest friends are the ones most guilty of not-woke actions (wokeness is against performative protest/allyship and these are the most performative people on my feed!).

I remember when the blackout Tuesday thing was going on, I decided personally I didn't want to participate because I felt it was performative and virtue signalling, didn't actually do anything and when it came right round it'd turn out that it would was the wrong thing to do. Then all my friends started posting black squares and I got worried that if I didn't people would think I was racist. I worried if someone posted with something like 'I'm side-eyeing those who aren't saying they're against racism today.' But then I noticed that my friends who were one level up on the woke scales started sharing blackout tuesday posts that explained how they were doing the campaign 'right' because they were sharing a black square alongside places you could donate or volunteer with. Then my friends who were top tier woke shared how they weren't doing it at all because (like I had decided myself), it was performative, largely useless, and filled up the BLM hastags with useless black squares. Now maybe I was the wokiest of them all by not performing how woke I was by simply coming to a personal understanding and not having to broadcast my virtue. Or maybe I was the least woke because I was silent and white silence=violence.

I think this is the problem with woke-theory is that it becomes very difficult not to end up in a double bind.
Very much agree with all of this. The thing with being woke, is you can never be woke enough. They try and out-woke each other. It must be tiring.

You know, this breaks my heart for aspiring girls and women hoping to seek success in their chosen sport or discipline. There’s often a small window of time when athletes can be at their pinnacle, and it is so competitive to be amongst the best, so to train and dedicate your life to the goal of setting records, winning races or heats or whatever, to only be trounced by men insisting they are women, it’s just so unfair. Most men have builds that outpace and outstrip womens’ it’s just highly unfair. Women try so bloody hard to shatter glass ceilings, barriers, push past misogyny etc, and now these athletes face being outpaced at every turn in their career, if this is allowed to happen mainstream. It’s just so unfair.

It is very unfair. The only silver lining I think, is visually it is very powerful in peaking people. Especially men. They instantly can see it’s cheating where as don’t care about other issues such as tape crisis centres.

It is very unfair. The only silver lining I think, is visually it is very powerful in peaking people. Especially men. They instantly can see it’s cheating where as don’t care about other issues such as tape crisis centres.
Very true. Let’s hope some more prominent sports people speak out about it so that attention can also turn to women’s rights in general.

Reactions: 4

I respect that, and I don't mind people having different opinions. I won't go into too much details, but being a POC what attracts me (at least to conservative voices I've seen in america) is that I'm treated better, in their efforts to "help the poor widdle x(my race group)" I find that the left in general love to put us in categories. I'm attracted to the idea of personal responsibility rather then the idea that the whole system is against me. In my day to day, people who are right-near the center have treated me better then extreme leftists. It's not stressfull talking to them because they don't talk about how I as X needs to act like this. Or the white people are evil trope is so boring. From my experience, I prefer the racism on the right then the left. Why? the racist on the right just say their racist tit and get on with it. The left? they're gaslighting af, for simply having a different opinion I'm a coconut, I think I'm white, I'm for white supremacy, (oh but it's because you support bad ideas so it's not racist to call someone who has ancestors who were slaves/colonized a white supremacist UwU). This has been my experience with a lot of lefties/far lefties (not that they're all like that but seems like it's the majority). Basically I'd rather an open racist then a woke one, the first you can avoid easily. I also like taking responsibility in my own hands financially, the government not being overly involved in my life etc.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I respect that, and I don't mind people having different opinions. I won't go into too much details, but being a POC what attracts me (at least to conservative voices I've seen in america) is that I'm treated better, in their efforts to "help the poor widdle x(my race group)" I find that the left in general love to put us in categories. I'm attracted to the idea of personal responsibility rather then the idea that the whole system is against me. In my day to day, people who are right-near the center have treated me better then extreme leftists. It's not stressfull talking to them because they don't talk about how I as X needs to act like this. Or the white people are evil trope is so boring. From my experience, I prefer the racism on the right then the left. Why? the racist on the right just say their racist tit and get on with it. The left? they're gaslighting af, for simply having a different opinion I'm a coconut, I think I'm white, I'm for white supremacy, (oh but it's because you support bad ideas so it's not racist to call someone who has ancestors who were slaves/colonized a white supremacist UwU). This has been my experience with a lot of lefties/far lefties (not that they're all like that but seems like it's the majority). Basically I'd rather an open racist then a woke one, the first you can avoid easily. I also like taking responsibility in my own hands financially, the government not being overly involved in my life etc.
I've found Candance Owens speaks really well on this kind of thing. Some stuff of hers is too right wing for me but her story of what made her become conservative was very eye opening, as has been listening to a number of black conservatives recently. If you look at things from their point of view you can see just how racist the left actually is.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.