Gender Discussions #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not defending him as such, I just think he has a team of people around him pushing an agenda and he's going along with it. I'm very worried about what's happening in the US
As much as I hate trump every bit of mud was thrown directly at him and him alone for decisions his administration made. I hope we don't go down that road of making excuses for biden and instead slinging the mud at those that stand beside him.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
As much as I hate trump every bit of mud was thrown directly at him and him alone for decisions his administration made. I hope we don't go down that road of making excuses for biden and instead slinging the mud at those that stand beside him.
THIS ^. Just had four years of nailing Trump to the door from everything from getting an extra scoop of ice cream more than his guests, to eating steak with ketchup, and the minute Biden takes office and sells a good percentage of the women who voted for him down the river with a stroke of his pen, it's all "Hey, it's not Biden - it's the folks around him!"

This from the folks that called Trump a Nazi. Well, that comment put me in mind of the excuse oft heard in pre-war 1930s Germany to the "excesses" they saw around them: "Hitler doesn't know."

Gimme a fecking break :rolleyes:

• Heart
Reactions: 7
THIS ^. Just had four years of nailing Trump to the door from everything from getting an extra scoop of ice cream more than his guests, to eating steak with ketchup, and the minute Biden takes office and sells a good percentage of the women who voted for him down the river with a stroke of his pen, it's all "Hey, it's not Biden - it's the folks around him!"

This from the folks that called Trump a Nazi. Well, that comment put me in mind of the excuse oft heard in pre-war 1930s Germany to the "excesses" they saw around them: "Hitler doesn't know."

Gimme a fecking break :rolleyes:
Is that directed at me? I don't like Biden but I think he is useless and well, sleepy and he seems to have an administration that is pushing a strong agenda. Either way, the outcome for women is not good.

I've found Candance Owens speaks really well on this kind of thing. Some stuff of hers is too right wing for me but her story of what made her become conservative was very eye opening, as has been listening to a number of black conservatives recently. If you look at things from their point of view you can see just how racist the left actually is.
Yes, I was going to mention Candace Owens too. I'm a leftie so I don't always agree with her but she is very articulate and engaging and touches on a lot of the issues Zenchick101 mentioned.

Reactions: 4
Yes, I was going to mention Candace Owens too. I'm a leftie so I don't always agree with her but she is very articulate and engaging and touches on a lot of the issues Zenchick101 mentioned.
I like Candace Owens to a point. She speaks a lot of sense, but is too right-wing for me. Coleman Hughes is also incredibly intelligent and speaks really well about these issues. Ditto John McWhorter. Without 🔺 myself too much, I too am not white, so am always interested in hearing from people like myself who don’t fit into mainstream expectations of non-white people. Especially given all the BLM stuff that happened last year and now the trans agenda (where they annoyingly try to co-opt issues of race to make their points seem valid.)

Although, tbh, this whole trans thing has seen me more in agreement with the Tories than Labour or the Lib Dems. The Conservative peer Baroness Emma Nicholson is an absolute legend for defending the rights of women and girls against the transgender onslaught. I’d still never vote Tory though.

Reactions: 9
I like Candace Owens to a point. She speaks a lot of sense, but is too right-wing for me. Coleman Hughes is also incredibly intelligent and speaks really well about these issues. Ditto John McWhorter. Without 🔺 myself too much, I too am not white, so am always interested in hearing from people like myself who don’t fit into mainstream expectations of non-white people. Especially given all the BLM stuff that happened last year and now the trans agenda (where they annoyingly try to co-opt issues of race to make their points seem valid.)

Although, tbh, this whole trans thing has seen me more in agreement with the Tories than Labour or the Lib Dems. The Conservative peer Baroness Emma Nicholson is an absolute legend for defending the rights of women and girls against the transgender onslaught. I’d still never vote Tory though.
The trans agenda is a perfect example of what I'm trying to get at, when it suits them they use "look at the poor poc transwomen dying" line, then they turn around and say that only white colonizers,white middle class women are against their ideology and compare (most often) black women to men. I tend to think that this performative anti-racism activism takes away from calling out real racist incidents, because then everything is racist and we become desensitized to actual incidents that need to be called out (this also goes for other forms of discrimination). Going on a bit of a rant today because I just see examples of this all the time, I'm just exhausted - and I don't speak out in real life, because I can't take the insults from whites and poc extremists.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I deeply hate conservatism but feel increasingly ostracised from much of the left, and despise the assumption that I must be conservative (and by extension racist, homophobic, woman-hating) because I don't believe that men are women. I will never be a conservative because I believe that women are equal to men, do not exist for the purpose of marriage and babies, and shouldn't be punished for having sex. Why, then, would I support the idea of women not being protected from predatory men or being allowed to have their own spaces? It makes no sense at all

Reactions: 11

I read this and it made me want to throw my phone across the room. The article claims this is a contender for Dad of the year and one of the nicest father/ daughter stories they've ever heard. You gotta be kidding me. It's so fucked up

• Sick

I read this and it made me want to throw my phone across the room. The article claims this is a contender for Dad of the year and one of the nicest father/ daughter stories they've ever heard. You gotta be kidding me. It's so fucked up
Dad of the year?!

The website explains that these bikini bottoms "magically turn a pointy poker into a dainty dune, no tucking required."

Pointy poker? Dainty dune? 🤢 The slogan for the brand is “every girl deserves to shine.” I didn’t realise that girls didn’t shine unless they were wearing bikinis. Wtf.

• Sick
ERRR!!! So so so so so bleeping WRONG!
he sounds like a massive pervert!

Reactions: 8
Biden will be good for women in some ways - for example I believe they are going to overturn the repressive Trump-era abortion legislation - but will not be so good for women on this specific piece of legislation.

@Zenchick101 I think personal responsibility is an important thing to have and to teach. However, you can be as personally responsible as possible and tit can still hit the fan. E.g I save pretty carefully but if I were to end up unable to work, my savings would be gone in several months. Society working together to provide for the wider community creates a much happier country than dog-eat-dog. In a pandemic it also means that people are enabled to quarantine, they don't die at home because they can go to the hospital, they get vaccinated because they don't have to worry about paying for it. There's a really good quote from MLK about the problems of telling a person who doesn't have boots to pull themselves up by their bootstraps. Also a lot of conservative people have no concept of personal responsibility when it comes to themselves. 'Why am I getting arrested for insurrection? All I did was violently invade government buildings while shouting about hanging politicians because Donald Trump told me to.'

Thank you for sharing your thoughts/experiences as a POC person. I find some of the themes I see in woke theory very weird and problematic. Like it makes some good points but then it'll go to extremes. E.g under wokeness my male friend should not ask me about my experiences of sexism because it's re-traumatising for me and it's demanding my 'emotional labour.' But I would actually feel quite impressed if a male friend wanted to know about my experiences so they could understand things better. I would be more than happy to explain things to them.

Back to the topic, apparently my vagina is socially constructed.

Screenshot 2021-01-24 at 12.19.37 PM.png

Reactions: 8
Biden will be good for women in some ways - for example I believe they are going to overturn the repressive Trump-era abortion legislation - but will not be so good for women on this specific piece of legislation.

@Zenchick101 I think personal responsibility is an important thing to have and to teach. However, you can be as personally responsible as possible and tit can still hit the fan. E.g I save pretty carefully but if I were to end up unable to work, my savings would be gone in several months. Society working together to provide for the wider community creates a much happier country than dog-eat-dog. In a pandemic it also means that people are enabled to quarantine, they don't die at home because they can go to the hospital, they get vaccinated because they don't have to worry about paying for it. There's a really good quote from MLK about the problems of telling a person who doesn't have boots to pull themselves up by their bootstraps. Also a lot of conservative people have no concept of personal responsibility when it comes to themselves. 'Why am I getting arrested for insurrection? All I did was violently invade government buildings while shouting about hanging politicians because Donald Trump told me to.'

Thank you for sharing your thoughts/experiences as a POC person. I find some of the themes I see in woke theory very weird and problematic. Like it makes some good points but then it'll go to extremes. E.g under wokeness my male friend should not ask me about my experiences of sexism because it's re-traumatising for me and it's demanding my 'emotional labour.' But I would actually feel quite impressed if a male friend wanted to know about my experiences so they could understand things better. I would be more than happy to explain things to them.

View attachment 400049
I have absolutely no time for all that ‘emotional labour’, ‘trauma’ bollocks and I hate much of woke theory, especially nonsense like Critical Race Theory. Identity politics is very strange and it encourages difference and divisiveness. It’s been slowly creeping into British society from the US over the past few years.

And as for our vulvas being ‘socially constructed’, give me strength! 😂

Reactions: 7
ERRR!!! So so so so so bleeping WRONG!
he sounds like a massive pervert!
I suppose in fairness to the guy he didn't necessarily write the copy for the website but why would you even want that to be associated with your product? Why would you create something like this at all?!

And the range is named after his 11-year-old son who started transitioning at age 9. Dad came up with these because his son didn't like having to wear boys' clothes for activities like swimming, ballet, or gymnastics. So another gender nonconforming boy is encouraged to believe he's a girl ...

Reactions: 6
Dad of the year?!

The website explains that these bikini bottoms "magically turn a pointy poker into a dainty dune, no tucking required."

Pointy poker? Dainty dune? 🤢 The slogan for the brand is “every girl deserves to shine.” I didn’t realise that girls didn’t shine unless they were wearing bikinis. Wtf.
This quote made me feel sick too 😩

Reactions: 3

View attachment 400049
Thanks for your reply, now I don't agree with every conservative idea I hear coming out of north america, which is why I'm still figuring out if I'm conservative or somewhere around the center. When talking about personal responsibility I don't mean that there should be absolutely no help given to people who need it in times of need, but there's a lot of abuse of social aids going on and sorry but I'm firmly against that, also those hard-core trumpers are idiots no argument there.

I have absolutely no time for all that ‘emotional labour’, ‘trauma’ bollocks and I hate much of woke theory, especially nonsense like Critical Race Theory. Identity politics is very strange and it encourages difference and divisiveness. It’s been slowly creeping into British society from the US over the past few years.

And as for our vulvas being ‘socially constructed’, give me strength! 😂
a woman after my own heart ❤ Not sure how that "socially constructed " idea makes sense? doesn't socially constructed mean that it's a concept created by society with no physical reality? like gender norms and stereotypes?

Reactions: 1
Thanks for your reply, now I don't agree with every conservative idea I hear coming out of north america, which is why I'm still figuring out if I'm conservative or somewhere around the center. When talking about personal responsibility I don't mean that there should be absolutely no help given to people who need it in times of need, but there's a lot of abuse of social aids going on and sorry but I'm firmly against that, also those hard-core trumpers are idiots no argument there.

a woman after my own heart ❤ Not sure how that "socially constructed " idea makes sense? doesn't socially constructed mean that it's a concept created by society with no physical reality? like gender norms and stereotypes?
yeah this makes no sense to me either... "socially constructed" surely means an idea, like an abstract noun, rather than something you can physically point to?!

Reactions: 5
I suppose in fairness to the guy he didn't necessarily write the copy for the website but why would you even want that to be associated with your product? Why would you create something like this at all?!

And the range is named after his 11-year-old son who started transitioning at age 9. Dad came up with these because his son didn't like having to wear boys' clothes for activities like swimming, ballet, or gymnastics. So another gender nonconforming boy is encouraged to believe he's a girl ...
I’m only going by my knowledge of this from what a celebrity big brother housemate said who was a drag act, but ‘tucking’ involves taping the genitals up and out of the way to appear like it isn’t there and can be painful ..surely that is NOT something a growing boy should be doing or being encouraged to

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.