Gender Discussions #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If prostate cancer is still called men's health without any issues (even though MTF can get it) why the heck can't we call health issues that are relevant to biological women women's health?

Reactions: 12
If prostate cancer is still called men's health without any issues (even though MTF can get it) why the heck can't we call health issues that are relevant to biological women women's health?

because women are an easier target.

Last edited:
  • Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
Does anyone have an understanding better than mine of what ‘queer’ means these days or as the Q in the ever expanding LGBTQIA? I’ve recently heard a novel about a love story between two women described as a ‘queer’ love story.... is lesbian a dirty word these days or have I missed something?

Reactions: 7
Does anyone have an understanding better than mine of what ‘queer’ means these days or as the Q in the ever expanding LGBTQIA? I’ve recently heard a novel about a love story between two women described as a ‘queer’ love story.... is lesbian a dirty word these days or have I missed something?
I thought queer would be considered more of a slur? Weird

Reactions: 4
I thought queer would be considered more of a slur? Weird
That’s what I thought but these days it seems really common. I rarely see the word lesbian anymore.

(Can I also say, that you username and profile pic are fantastic! I love that show!)

• Haha
Reactions: 3
That’s what I thought but these days it seems really common. I rarely see the word lesbian anymore.

(Can I also say, that you username and profile pic are fantastic! I love that show!)
You know I think its because gay men are much more accepted than lesbian women, like most areas.....

I made my account when hand washing first started getting pushed, was your hands you detty pig was just going round and round in my head 😆

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
So Emma Willis shared a photo of her son on IG... when I saw people say she shared a photo of their I spent ages looking at the photo wondering where he was and then realised he is in the pink... He is 8 years old or so. WTF. I am sorry but I think it is awful for parents to almost "encourage" this behavior when a child is so young and absorbs stuff like a sponge. The way things are going and children are being groomed to be trans/non binary, I would be horrified if my child was like this at that age.

Reactions: 1
So Emma Willis shared a photo of her son on IG... when I saw people say she shared a photo of their I spent ages looking at the photo wondering where he was and then realised he is in the pink... He is 8 years old or so. WTF. I am sorry but I think it is awful for parents to almost "encourage" this behavior when a child is so young and absorbs stuff like a sponge. The way things are going and children are being groomed to be trans/non binary, I would be horrified if my child was like this at that age.

As far as gender norms go for colours, pink is fine if boys like it but encouraging them to dress a whole outfit like a typical girl at that sort of age is almost guaranteeing them being picked on, in my view. 8 year olds can be ruthless with one another.

As far as gender norms go for colours, pink is fine if boys like it but encouraging them to dress a whole outfit like a typical girl at that sort of age is almost guaranteeing them being picked on, in my view. 8 year olds can be ruthless with one another.
yeah that's a tough one, if my son wanted to wear dresses and girl's clothes i'd let him. wouldn't insinuate anything tho, up to him to decide if he's trans or not. however kids at school are vicious

Reactions: 6
I personally think kids should dress however they want, for me the problem arises when parents push it for their own agenda, or tell them they must be the opposite sex just because they like to dress that way. Boy expressing themselves via pink does not mean trans. It quite simply means they like pink.

Reactions: 11
I personally think kids should dress however they want, for me the problem arises when parents push it for their own agenda, or tell them they must be the opposite sex just because they like to dress that way. Boy expressing themselves via pink does not mean trans. It quite simply means they like pink.
I feel the same way. I’m all for gender nonconformity. I was pretty gnc myself as a child and still am to an extent. I suppose from a bullying standpoint sad as it is, it’s easier for girls to get away with wearing ‘boy clothes’ than it is for a boy to wear a dress or something. I think if I ever had a son who expressed an interest in dresses, I’d probably have to have a chat with him about how it might be received by the other children at school, that some children might be mean because they are ignorant, and what to do if anyone picks on him for it - try to ignore and tell an adult. Not a perfect solution and it’s all hyperthetical so who knows how I’d react when push came to shove, but I guess this way it ‘prepares’ them for any negative reactions and they can make an informed choice about what they wear to school or what ever. Sad because my girls can wear trousers to school and no one cares but a boy wearing a dress would raise eyebrows and questions.

It’s when adults around them start filling their heads with ideas of being born ‘in the wrong body’ or they’re sold the lie that they can become a boy/girl, that it starts to get dangerous. Let these kids like what they like without putting labels on them.

Reactions: 6
Pleased to see the comments on that tampon ad are pretty much universally scathing of Tampax’s pitiful attempt at virtue signalling.

Imagine if Gillette got loads of stick for their razor tag line being “the best a man can get?” Hey Gillette, it’s not just men who have beards you know. Where’s the outcry there? Give me strength

Reactions: 14
Owen Jones is as irrelevant you can get this side of Love Island.

I was going to do a wall of text dismantling this posh guy’s ideology, and then I remembered the fates of all the intellectuals in France engaged with the Revolution and those that Stalin lined up against the wall in the 1930s.

Jones isn’t an intellectual though, or a misguided fan of “liberty” so will just screechingly fade first into obscurity, and then into obsolescence as his compatriots mature or turn on him.

We should talk about people who have an effect on women’s rights. What’s happening with the Keira Bell case?

Reactions: 4
Also, what kind of #tra #transactivist is Owen Jones when he doesn't even have pronouns in his bio? And on #internationalpronounsday ? It's LiTeRaL vIoLeNcE

• Haha
Reactions: 10

At least EW isn’t claiming her son was assigned male at birth and now he is identifying as a girl though. (Ha, “though” 🙄)

Also what gets me is that the language and goalposts seem to change on an almost daily basis. I thought it was fine to say "identify as" but now that's apparently transphobic. It's impossible to keep up. Someone could use a phrase that was perfectly acceptable one day and then find themselves being called transphobic the next. There is no consistency whatsoever
LOL sounds like Covid! Funnily enough, Covid is getting on the majorities of peoples nerves too...

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.