Gender Discussions #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is the third thread for Gender Discussions. Hope it’s ok that I kept the title simple as with the previous threads!

Beforehand there was a discussion on Irish feminism, in particular Barbie Kardashian and the HSE removing the word woman from its advice about cervical cancer.

Reactions: 14
Feeling so angry about the HSE's decision to remove woman from cervical smears literature. Trans man is there but not woman. Why are they concerned with being "inclusive" to trans women as they don't have a cervix? Cervical cancer is something that kills women but language has to be adjusted because of the "feelings" of men. I'm so angry and upset and frustrated

• Angry
Reactions: 51
Feeling so angry about the HSE's decision to remove woman from cervical smears literature. Trans man is there but not woman. Why are they concerned with being "inclusive" to trans women as they don't have a cervix? Cervical cancer is something that kills women but language has to be adjusted because of the "feelings" of men. I'm so angry and upset and frustrated
It’s utterly ridiculous , trying so hard to be inclusive it excludes the very people it exists for .

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
It’s utterly ridiculous , trying so hard to be inclusive it excludes the vary people it exists for .
Not to mention that Ireland faced a huge cervical screening scandal recently. But hey let's pander to men because some dick in a dress might get upset at the use of the word woman. Boo bleeping hoo

Also here's a handy guide to describe women who refer to themselves as cis women

Attachments

Reactions: 25
What, they've actually mentioned trans men but not women??

Reactions: 4
Sadly, yes

If you're gonna mention trans men to be more inclusive, that's fine. But don't substitute people for women!
Saying people and not women is dangerous.

They are underestimating how lacking/nonexistent sex education is and that some women and girls don’t understand their body parts; don’t know what a cervix is and if they have one.

Reactions: 15
Sadly, yes

If you're gonna mention trans men to be more inclusive, that's fine. But don't substitute people for women!
Wtffffff!
I'm all for including trans men but just say women AND trans men, I'm sorry but the transwomen who would feel offended at that can duck right off 😡

They are underestimating how lacking/nonexistent sex education is and that some women and girls don’t understand their body parts; don’t know what a cervix is and if they have one.
Absolutely!!! Sex education in Ireland is particularly woeful

So services for women can’t present themselves as services for women in case those who don’t want to be women get offended and those who do want to be women feel left out?
Jesus bleeping Christ!

Reactions: 22

You've nailed it. In terms of cervical cancer, there should be no dicking around or vagueness. It makes me furious!

So services for women can’t present themselves as services for women in case those who don’t want to be women get offended and those who want to be women feel left out?
Jesus bleeping Christ!
A dick in a dress might get their autogynephilic knickers in a twist if the word woman is used so their "feelings" are more important than women who it actually affects

• Angry
Reactions: 17
Oh I’m so sorry. I didn’t realise trans women’s feelings might be hurt if they can’t get a smear test or cervical cancer. It must be such an emotional topic to discuss what with the painful history of all the 0 trans women who have died of cervical cancer.
Biology is such a transphobe!!!

Reactions: 32
I'm absolutely fuming that that abortion tweet is still up. When GC people get censored left right and centre!

I'm absolutely fuming that that abortion tweet is still up. When GC people get censored left right and centre!

Also just discovered r/gendercynical. Are you bleeping kidding me?? r/gendercritical gets banned but this misogynisitc "satire" of it gets to exist? duck me. 🤦🏻‍♀️

Also just discovered r/gendercynical. Are you bleeping kidding me?? r/gendercritical gets banned but this misogynisitc "satire" of it gets to exist? duck me. 🤦🏻‍♀️

Sorry, made an absolute balls of this post and can't change it 😂

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
It’s utterly ridiculous , trying so hard to be inclusive it excludes the very people it exists for .
Especially disgusting considering it has been recently acknowledged that number of women going for smears has dropped :(

Edit - sorry posting again and it has merged my posts.

It feels like in bending over backwards to pander to feelings we won’t be allowed to refer to ourselves as women within a couple of years. I am not a trans man or a trans woman , or a man, so what am I? What am I ‘allowed’ to call myself? It upsets me that some men don’t understand and so probably can’t understand what the fuss is when we speak up, but what upsets me more is women clapping back at other women telling them they are transphobic... I am seeing it practically every day online now, why are so many women on social media complicit in shaping media perception, NHS, PR etc into gaslighting women?

Last edited:
  • Heart
Much respect to Miranda Yardley. Showing that men should compete with men no matter how they identify.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Love that! That's as it should be, it's up to mens rugby to be more inclusive to trans women, it's not up to womens sports to be more inclusive in this instance.

I feel like it's transwomen like her who are true allies of women. Not the usual lot who obviously despise us

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.