Gender Discussions #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Schofield was an absolute dick to her on This Morning
He's awful generally too .awful man.
Finally a grown up has entered the chat!!!

Asked if some members of the trans community may feel excluded, he said: "I think that some certainly will, but it's virtually impossible to keep everybody happy.

"But the important thing, as I say, to try and maximise the screening for the prevention of cancer - and in that context the use of the word 'woman' is the most appropriate".

🙌🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻
I like this point:

"He said use of the word 'person' is "confusing": "There are a lot of people for example who might not understand what a cervix is, but they do understand what a woman is."

Exactly, keeping the word woman on the screening literature and invites would remind people who use English as a second language and will more likely realise this is an appointment they need to attend for their health. Whereas cervix might not be as recognisable. When you learn a new language you learn man or woman or girl and boy but not necessarily the medical names for all your innards. It's important to have scientific clarity here.

Reactions: 19
I don't want to give them any hits but omg I keep seeing this pathetic abortion comparison being made in relation to Keira's case, talk about scaremongering and manipulation!

Attachments

Reactions: 4
duck sake a friend just shared this on insta

WHYYY do people making TRA arguments always start with "gender and sex are different" and then go on to use intersex people as their way to prop up their argument??? You just said gender and sex are different so what have intersex people got to do with trans people?! That's right, sweet duck all. Leave them alone.

Reactions: 14
duck sake a friend just shared this on insta

WHYYY do people making TRA arguments always start with "gender and sex are different" and then go on to use intersex people as their way to prop up their argument??? You just said gender and sex are different so what have intersex people got to do with trans people?! That's right, sweet duck all. Leave them alone.
yeah... shared an explination from a biologist a while back saying that intersex people are still male or female even with that variation..

Reactions: 9
yeah... shared an explination from a biologist a while back saying that intersex people are still male or female even with that variation..
Just pure cringe.

This same girl also makes video pretending she’s pregnant and then doing a “gender reveal” that she has depression... 😑

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I don't want to give them any hits but omg I keep seeing this pathetic abortion comparison being made in relation to Keira's case, talk about scaremongering and manipulation!
Yeah, they do this a lot.

It's an attempt to set those who have concerns about puberty blockers and the long term effects as 'the enemy' not just to trans people but to women, to LGB, to progress in general. It's a way they blindly gather support and are able to draw attention away from the actual concerns people are raising.

Reactions: 7
This argument makes literally no sense I’m sick of hearing it.
I’m really disappointed with the way submissions for Keira have gone if they are as reported on twitter tbh :( don’t think they’re particularly strong and from what I read it doesn’t sound like the judge is with them. Really really hope I’m wrong. Also can’t be 100% sure because, oh so conveniently, the defence submissions and interventions were apparently very hard to hear for those observing so not sure how the judge took those either.

• Sad
Reactions: 1
The BBC has a report on it here: https://www.bbc.com/news/amp/uk-54450273

The lawyer for the Tavistock argued that hormone blockers were " a safe and reversible treatment with a well-established history " - the NHS official advice has been changed to remove the word 'reversible', which I'm sure Keira and Mrs A's QC will point out.

Daminee Budhi, the same Daminee Budhi who is legal advisor for Mermaids? What a surprise they wrote this, not.

Reactions: 5
Not surprised Schofield had a dig at Kiera Bell. Probably doesn’t even understand what she’s fighting for the pathetic little maggot.

2 and 3 year old children don’t have enough of an understanding to be saying these things without being influenced in some way. This is insanity. Let your son wear a dress but don’t let him think that dresses=girl, what is wrong with these parents. They are actively breeding mental health issues into their children.
76853B28-0766-42AA-A65F-CBD24C0272C4.jpeg

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 12
Not surprised Schofield had a dig at Kiera Bell. Probably doesn’t even understand what she’s fighting for the pathetic little maggot.

2 and 3 year old children don’t have enough of an understanding to be saying these things without being influenced in some way. This is insanity. Let your son wear a dress but don’t let him think that dresses=girl, what is wrong with these parents. They are actively breeding mental health issues into their children.
View attachment 269105
I’m sorry but no way would a 3 year old know what a ‘dead name’ is. That’s not common vernacular for most adults let alone a child. How many of these parents are saying to their kids ‘do you think you’re in the wrong body?’ or the other parrot phrases and kids being kids just say yes? 😤

Reactions: 16
"Why can't people just mind their own business!!! Trans rights doesn't effect anyone else but trans people!!! It's just like marriage equality!!! Terfssssss"

Last edited:
  • Angry
Finally a grown up has entered the chat!!!

Asked if some members of the trans community may feel excluded, he said: "I think that some certainly will, but it's virtually impossible to keep everybody happy.

"But the important thing, as I say, to try and maximise the screening for the prevention of cancer - and in that context the use of the word 'woman' is the most appropriate".

🙌🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻
Love this! I wonder would trans activists still try to frame him as "transphobic" despite him actually having performed gender reassignment surgery

Reactions: 9
I’m sorry but no way would a 3 year old know what a ‘dead name’ is. That’s not common vernacular for most adults let alone a child. How many of these parents are saying to their kids ‘do you think you’re in the wrong body?’ or the other parrot phrases and kids being kids just say yes? 😤
in freud's psychoanalysis theory - still used today, kids 3-7 are in the phallic stage and are especially vulnerable to this kind of thinking. That stage is basically where they start to be aware of their genitals, differentiation between the sexes - penis or lack there of, pleasure/fun exposing their genital organs that kind of thing. Sad to know people are messing up kids in their formative years.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
TRAs are always squealing to let people live how they want to... and yet are constantly trying to label themselves, others, create stupid buzz words and descriptors to pigeon hole and tribalise. Just duck offffff will you.

Reactions: 15
Okay today's tweets looked better re Keira's case, apparently one of the judges asked the defence 3 times something like 'are these children explicitly told X' regarding their sexual functioning or something (sorry I'm paraphrasing because I can't find the tweet) and the defence counsel said the answer would become clear as they go through the Tavistock guidance so...that's a no. The female judge reportedly stated that Tavistock's counsel has misinterpreted Gillick competence! I cannot WAIT to read this judgment in full tbh. My Twitter at the moment is absolutely chock full of people saying things like 'how terrifying watching feminists arguing against Gillick competence and child autonomy' but..puberty blockers are essentially experimental treatment where the long term side effects are not known. Gillick was an overbearing mother wanting to be told if her child sought contraception, I don't see how this is analogous in any way tbh even if this only turned on the fact that the side effects of contraceptives are known and documented. It's actually sickening me watching child protection professionals claim that giving kids experimental drugs is in their best interests and making out like we're somehow the bigots for not wanting kids to be unwilling research participants...

Reactions: 10
I saw this on Twitter earlier. Some treatments can weaken your bones to the point of fatality... Why would you do that to your body?! This is exactly why impressionable teens should not be allowed onto such medical pathways so easily!

I'm horrified at how dangerous this sounds for the body!

Is this true?

IMG_20201008_212813.jpg

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.