Gender Discussions #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Seriously?? Although to be fair, if the government has actually messed up and asked for gender rather than sex, they possibly have a point about data accuracy. But no one is preventing anybody from getting a test because they're nonbinary. And the protected characteristic of gender reassignment protects you from being discriminated against in relation to the gender you are transitioning FROM, which I assume has to be either male or female if you're transitioning to nonbinary.

Screenshot 2020-10-05 16.55.21.png

• Angry
Reactions: 2
View attachment 266191
So disappointed, but not at all surprised.
And there will be pressure to ensure a transwoman wins to prove they are inclusive.

Where are the mens prizes including transmen? Women have to shapeshift and accommodate yet what happens to FtM?!?! Where is the bowing to pressure there? Again, women are expected to do as they are told and I am sick of it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5

sooo this is what i've found
There's a lot of trans women like this. They openly talk like this and then claim it's just a 'joke' yet, myself and two other lesbians were told to leave our LGBT group because we refused to ''re-examine'' (change) our sexual orientation and were therefore deemed unsafe to trans women.

• Angry
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 16
There's a lot of trans women like this. They openly talk like this and then claim it's just a 'joke' yet, myself and two other lesbians were told to leave our LGBT group because we refused to ''re-examine'' (change) our sexual orientation and were therefore deemed unsafe to trans women.
I..... have no words.

Reactions: 3
What the heck! 🙁

Reactions: 1
Since when the heck does not being attracted to someone equal posing a danger to them???
Sooooooo rapey.
I'm sorry that happened to you. ❤

Reactions: 3
Since when the heck does not being attracted to someone equal posing a danger to them???
Sooooooo rapey.
I'm sorry that happened to you. ❤
In their world it equals not seeing them as real women which means that we're ''TERF adjacent'' or something.

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 4
In their world it equals not seeing them as real women which means that we're ''TERF adjacent'' or something.
This is why I don't think LGB and T (at least in this new form) can coexist. And why JKR said "if sex isn't real, there's no same-sex attraction."
L and G literally mean attracted to the same sex!
I've also seen multiple times now LGBT groups try to redefine Bisexuality as well. Apparently it no longer means attracted to both or two sexes, it means attracted to your own gender and other genders. 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 7
This is why I don't think LGB and T (at least in this new form) can coexist. And why JKR said "if sex isn't real, there's no same-sex attraction."
I've also seen multiple times now LGBT groups try to redefine Bisexuality as well. Apparently it no longer means attracted to both or two sexes, it means attracted to your own gender and other genders. 🤦🏻‍♀️
so what you're attracted to the clothes people wear?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 2
Yeah, I agree. It's not just the homophobia but it's the blatant eroding of boundaries and disregard for body autonomy. They cover all this by saying, "no one is forcing you.....but just admit you're a transphobe" and of course, being a transphobe means you're fair game and they can do what they like to you - get you fired, destroy your business, reputation etc. There can't be any consent if there are consequences for saying no. The whole environment is coercive, and it's not just trans people participating, it's the 'cis' allies as well. All in the name of validating trans people - well, trans women mainly.

And yeah, the whole redefinition of bisexuality isn't going down very well with my bisexual friends. I'm sure as well they (the woke queers) are pushing for homosexual to be defined as offensive, which, in context, it can be but I'm 100% sure this is a response to gay people choosing to use the word homosexual to articulate our sexuality since lesbian and gay has also been going through redefinition to some extent. So, if all the words we use are being taken away, we're left with the 'offensive' word homosexual, they can twist this and say we've allied ourselves with the homophobes or something like that.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Yeah, I agree. It's not just the homophobia but it's the blatant eroding of boundaries and disregard for body autonomy. They cover all this by saying, "no one is forcing you.....but just admit you're a transphobe" and of course, being a transphobe means you're fair game and they can do what they like to you - get you fired, destroy your business, reputation etc. There can't be any consent if there are consequences for saying no. The whole environment is coercive, and it's not just trans people participating, it's the 'cis' allies as well. All in the name of validating trans people - well, trans women mainly.

And yeah, the whole redefinition of bisexuality isn't going down very well with my bisexual friends. I'm sure as well they (the woke queers) are pushing for homosexual to be defined as offensive, which, in context, it can be but I'm 100% sure this is a response to gay people choosing to use the word homosexual to articulate our sexuality since lesbian and gay has also been going through redefinition to some extent. So, if all the words we use are being taken away, we're left with the 'offensive' word homosexual, they can twist this and say we've allied ourselves with the homophobes or something like that.
I agree. Some of the ‘cis’ allies are the worst for hurling around the transphobe and TERF labels. I just don’t understand why believing in biological sex means one should be doxxed, fired, and ruined emotionally and reputationally. It’s almost fascist in approach. You don’t agree with us? Then quash you, discredit you to thousands of Twitterers, hush you. It’s terrifying to see. I am a heterosexual woman so I can’t claim to speak for the LGB community but I am an ally, and probably if I think about it, an ally for genuine trans people who accept that biological sex is a thing - I.e. accept that they are changing from one to the other without expecting everyone else to change in reference to their decision. I am not on board for all this erasing of the name of woman, or the identities of lesbian, gay and bisexual people. It’s absolutely absurd to gaslight the LGB community, as well as the heterosexual community, into giving into their demands for changes in ways we describe ourselves.

Some stray posters may dive into this thread as they often do and try to beat us over the head to say we are transphobic, and they may claim we are taking this out of proportion, but I say this: this month alone so much has been happening regarding trans radicalism. In realtime we are seeing companies caving into woke-pressure and in the process fumbling about it and sometimes then even being bashed by TRAs as not quite saying it right. It feels like every way you turn on social media there’s someone waiting to tell you you are a transphobe. “Ha, gotcha”.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Schofield was an absolute dick to her on This Morning
Not surprised. Don't like the man at all.
Honestly, I don't understand how anyone thinks the provision of puberty blockers is defensible now the NHS has outright said there is no evidence that they are reversible. In the last couple of days I have seen a very very prominent lawyer tweeting that they should be provided and not doing so will pave the way for disallowing abortion (a load of nonsense even on a basic logical analysis) but even he is still saying they are reversible. Let's be serious here - this is a hugely political issue and the NHS has already given into pressure on many issues surrounding all of this. If the NHS is saying they're not reversible, I would argue that's only the tip of the freaking iceberg for these blockers. I haven't seen a widescale, longitudinal study on this yet (happy to be corrected) I imagine it will be too controversial if the results were that they are really harmful and the paper/researchers themselves branded 'transphobic' for those findings. This dogma is literally hindering science.

Reactions: 10
Finally a grown up has entered the chat!!!

Asked if some members of the trans community may feel excluded, he said: "I think that some certainly will, but it's virtually impossible to keep everybody happy.

"But the important thing, as I say, to try and maximise the screening for the prevention of cancer - and in that context the use of the word 'woman' is the most appropriate".

🙌🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.