Gender Discussions #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
At least SANDS had the decency to acknowledge their mistake. Freddy can get to duck though.
Mothers have been giving birth for millennia but now have to call themselves birthing partners (if PC wording wins). Absolutely duck off with that logic. It's an insult.

Reactions: 10
I'm sorry but honestly if your female biology disgusts you that much that you want to exclude the word mother for everyone in the world what in the name of fresh hell are you doing giving birth?

• Heart
Reactions: 21
At least SANDS had the decency to acknowledge their mistake. Freddy can get to duck though.
It's just the audacity...they really are trying to create a two tier citizen system? Wanting transmen to get to be called Father while 'normal' Fathers (for want of a better word here) have to lump being called 'non-birthing parent'...I don't bloody think so

I'm sorry but honestly if your female biology disgusts you that much that you want to exclude the word mother for everyone in the world what in the name of fresh hell are you doing giving birth?
I can't get my head around the idea that someone experiences gender dysphoria so badly they transition, want to have their bodies chopped up etc, but they do one of the most female things of all time - pregnancy and birth. How does that fit into the dysphoria? If I felt like I should've been born a man, the absolute last thing I'd want to do would be a very very female experience? Make it make sense!

Reactions: 14
I want to be called a mother, because that’s what I am. What gives anyone the right to take away my identity and exclude me in order to include themselves? duck to hell with your language policing and wanting to be treated special, Freddy. Leave my identity alone.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
One day I hope to experience being a mother. Sad to see so many women in those twitter comments asking Sands NOT to apologise :rolleyes:

Saw some comments from men saying mothers are mothers though, which is heartening to see .

Edit to add: it's incredibly insensitive for Sands to reduce mothers to "birthing partner" as if they are de-humanised, at a time when most of their followers have experienced miscarriage and stillbirth. Those poor people will be wrestling with such sadness and loss, and long to be a mother, and that name is not allowed apparently. An absolute disgrace.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
lmao so you can call yourself whatever you want but we can't keep calling ourselves mothers? pot calling kettle black no?

• Haha
Reactions: 13
lmao so you can call yourself whatever you want but we can't keep calling ourselves mothers? pot calling kettle black no?
Exactly. It started off with pronouns to denote trans people and now the whole world is expected to do the same to show support. And now it's the word mother (but birth father is okay, strangely). It's insidious

Reactions: 12
Exactly. It started off with pronouns to denote trans people and now the whole world is expected to do the same to show support. And now it's the word mother (but birth father is okay, strangely). It's insidious
How would they call a birth mother vs adoptive mother then?

Reactions: 2
Also don't know why they expect us to show support for this movement that demonstrates such contempt towards us? I'm not doing it.

I think we are going to see more of these PR moves because social media jobs are by large taken by young people who adapt PR reponses and campaigns to match the social media thinking. This is why period product companies are falling over themselves to conform, etc.

In all I can understand saying 'mothers, fathers and birthing partners and non-birthing partners' or 'women and transwomen' because I do acknowledge we all exist , but I am not accepting the use of one all encompassing clinical term. 'Birthing partner' to me, sounds to me like a baby machine, not a human. Same applies to 'cervix haver', 'penis haver'. We are not a commodity or device.

Reactions: 15
I think we are going to see more of these PR moves because social media jobs are by large taken by young people who adapt PR reponses and campaigns to match the social media thinking. This is why period product companies are falling over themselves to conform, etc.
Let’s just hope it continues to publicly backfire and they get ratioed to the point they’re left looking like absolute idiots then.

Reactions: 9

In all I can understand saying 'mothers, fathers and birthing partners and non-birthing partners' or 'women and transwomen' because I do acknowledge we all exist , but I am not accepting the use of one all encompassing clinical term. 'Birthing partner' to me, sounds to me like a baby machine, not a human. Same applies to 'cervix haver', 'penis haver'. We are not a commodity or device.
I totally agree and I said the same thing when the Tampax thing happened. These jobs will be taken over by digital marketing graduates who are all about capturing the zeitgiest and the gender ideology is the latest hot topic

• Sad
Reactions: 11
More woman erasure from Tampax. They've really doubled down in all their posts, but one particularly bad example:

20201025_181631.jpg

The sentence doesn't even make sense!!

• Sick
  • Haha
More woman erasure from Tampax. They've really doubled down in all their posts, but one particularly bad example:

View attachment 287653

The sentence doesn't even make sense!!
Everything about this is just so, so patronising.

Won't mention women but do mention men.

"You period havers can do anything a man can do while bleeding but betteeeerr"

Men.....? What are men.....? do they mean the non-period havers?

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Everything about this is just so, so patronising.

Won't mention women but do mention men.

"You period havers can do anything a man can do while bleeding but betteeeerr"

Men.....? What are men.....? do they mean the non-period havers?
They can't even keep up with their own doublespeak. "Transmen are men" and they also "bleed" so this sentence should be totally offenseive to them!

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.